2022 All Aus Predictions and Rolling teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Different type of players. Compare the year that Cyril only kicked 29 to Stengle and Cyril had a better year than Stengle is having

View attachment 1435048
Goal assists are a lot higher in 2011 but goals are a lot lower. They mostly balance out. the others stats are mostly just a means to an ends for foward pockets. which is goals and goal assists.

stengles seasons not done yet either. His stats are trending up given it took him half a dozen games to find his groove. The difference in goals is likely to be even bigger by the end of the season if he simply maintains his form of the past eight weeks.

Doubt it.
It’ll cause an uproar but I’m very confident Darcy Moore will make the squad of 40 and he remains in the hunt for the final spot. The media piled into him after that dreadful game against Richmond, and an average showing the next week against the Pups but otherwise he’s been mostly outstanding and continues to rank highly in key metrics such as intercept possessions and marks, spoils, metres gained, and his 1-on-1 numbers are much stronger than most would have you perceive

For what it’s worth I think Steven May is a lock for full back, and my rock centre half-back selection who is having an outstanding season is Sam Taylor. I hope he at least makes the 40.

Stewart May Docherty
Dale Sicily Sinclair

Gawn Oliver Neale
Dawson Brayshaw Mills

Bolton J.Cameron Heeney
Lynch Curnow Stengle

Witts Cripps Bontempelli Brayshaw (melb)
Dawson and mills don’t play wing, it would be like picking Hawkins in the ruck. Need to pick pure wingers. Acres, berry for example

Nick Daicos on the HBF has comparable stats to Sinclair and Saad. AA selectors rarely reward a player after just one top class year, so Daicos is unlikely to get a final spot, but should at least be in the squad.
Nick is going to be relevant in these threads for many years to come... But he is not only no where near the team but no where near the squad. Not even close.

Dawson and mills don’t play wing, it would be like picking Hawkins in the ruck. Need to pick pure wingers. Acres, berry for example
When was the last time they named a pure winger? This wouldn't be the year to start as no one is really sticking out in the role. Langdon started well but has dropped off since his rib injury, McCluggage is playing more inside now, Acres isn't AA calibre, and Berry is nowhere near it.

Likely they pick a pair of inside-outside midfielders to fill those spots, such as Walsh and Mills.

[QUOTE="WalshistheGOAT, post: 75459958, member:

I'd love to know which ones miss to fit in the messiah crab king Nicky D?
[/QUOTE]
Nick D had 512m gained against Carlton in Round 11. Not bad for a "crab king". But, to be fair, he averages less than that against the stronger teams. So you're probably right.

As Horse notes, P McCartin has only played 12 games as a defender so far. IIRC he leads the comp for intercept marks. With his quality disposal and footy IQ he also sets up play.To say the least his efforts have been a revelation.

Should Paddy maintain his form he will rightly give the Squad a nudge. He has also helped Tommy Mac reach a new level at FB. Only Curnow has got away from Tommy and gave him a thrashing. Otherwise he has pantsed Hawkins, King and assorted other FFs.

The 'McToughies' are not fashionable types but will feature in AA Squad discussions.

As Horse notes, P McCartin has only played 12 games as a defender so far. IIRC he leads the comp for intercept marks. With his quality disposal and footy IQ he also sets up play.To say the least his efforts have been a revelation.

Should Paddy maintain his form he will rightly give the Squad a nudge. He has also helped Tommy Mac reach a new level at FB. Only Curnow has got away from Tommy and gave him a thrashing. Otherwise he has pantsed Hawkins, King and assorted other FFs.

The 'McToughies' are not fashionable types but will feature in AA Squad discussions.
McCartin, Charlie and Docherty would certainly make for a great story.

Richo's AA team after round 15.

B: James Sicily (Hawthorn), Steven May (Melbourne), Tom Stewart (Geelong)

HB: Sam Docherty (Carlton), Alex Pearce (Fremantle), Jack Sinclair (St Kilda)

C: Hugh McCluggage (Brisbane), Lachie Neale (Brisbane), Sam Walsh (Carlton)

HF: Christian Petracca (Melbourne), Jeremy Cameron (Geelong), Charlie Cameron (Brisbane)

F: Shai Bolton (Richmond), Charlie Curnow (Carlton), Tom Hawkins (Geelong)

R: Jarrod Witts (Gold Coast), Patrick Cripps (Carlton), Clayton Oliver (Melbourne)

INT: Andrew Brayshaw (Fremantle), Touk Miller (Gold Coast), Tyson Stengle (Geelong), Callum Mills (Sydney)

HF: Christian Petracca (Melbourne), Jeremy Cameron (Geelong), Charlie Cameron (Brisbane)

R: Jarrod Witts (Gold Coast), Patrick Cripps (Carlton), Clayton Oliver (Melbourne)

INT: Andrew Brayshaw (Fremantle), Touk Miller (Gold Coast), Tyson Stengle (Geelong), Callum Mills (Sydney)

Think Stewart misses out after his suspension but who knows ?

Think Stewart misses out after his suspension but who knows ?
Possibly but if we are making the team as it stands today Stewart is still in it imo
If it’s still the same in four weeks time or the end of the year is another question

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’ll cause an uproar but I’m very confident Darcy Moore will make the squad of 40 and he remains in the hunt for the final spot. The media piled into him after that dreadful game against Richmond, and an average showing the next week against the Pups but otherwise he’s been mostly outstanding and continues to rank highly in key metrics such as intercept possessions and marks, spoils, metres gained, and his 1-on-1 numbers are much stronger than most would have you perceive

For what it’s worth I think Steven May is a lock for full back, and my rock centre half-back selection who is having an outstanding season is Sam Taylor. I hope he at least makes the 40.
Lewis kicked 4 on him as well

Its a pretty solid team - I would think Bolton is more a HFF and CCameron should go to the pocket.

And maybe think Crisp should be in (always tough for an out) probably for Stengle. He's been good but 3 small forwards is probably less likely to happen

Its a pretty solid team - I would think Bolton is more a HFF and CCameron should go to the pocket.

And maybe think Crisp should be in (always tough for an out) probably for Stengle. He's been good but 3 small forwards is probably less likely to happen

Not sure how Cameron is ahead of Bailey and how on earth is Petracca there? That's a reputation selection.

Saad averages just over 20 but they are always effective, do you guys think he will at least make the squad of 40? Is he a chance to make the final 22?

Squad certainty, doubt he makes the 22. there is a lot of HBF. Doubt they'd pick both Doc and Saad.

When was the last time they named a pure winger? This wouldn't be the year to start as no one is really sticking out in the role. Langdon started well but has dropped off since his rib injury, McCluggage is playing more inside now, Acres isn't AA calibre, and Berry is nowhere near it.

Likely they pick a pair of inside-outside midfielders to fill those spots, such as Walsh and Mills.

Walsh on the wing makes sense, wouldn't be against them putting Dawson there or still picking Langdon.

Tim English unfortunately going to miss again for the Dogs, so I don't think he will be able to play enough games to qualify.

Be a great story to see Witts in the AA team after all the injury setbacks he had.
Is this a debate worth having?
22D68A47-DA65-4519-A504-FD0C678AB2AB.jpeg 8C75357D-6826-4B39-B61A-EA21CA14172F.jpeg E9FD821B-0497-42C4-920C-2A717B66C2D3.jpeg CA493124-D5E6-4B96-B914-B38B5985D9AA.jpeg 564FDDE0-36DD-4145-8643-E4709921613B.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back