2022 All Aus Predictions and Rolling teams

Jun 12, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Doesn't matter. AA is about who the best performed players are across the year. He's missed 2/3 of the season so far.

He might get into the AA side but the threshold for a 15/16 game season is basically Gary junior in 2015 or Toby Greene last year where they not only averaged more in the relevant stats but were neck and neck with the totals as well.
Exactly that’s why Fyfe has only 3 AAs
He’s played 16+ games in 7 of 13 seasons.
2 of those were his first 2 seasons.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Callum Wilkie has to be a chance. Has only conceded multiple goals once for the season even after manning the follwing.

DeGoey
Fristch
Jeremy Cameron
Walters
Toby Green
Jack Gunston

Sounds like Starcevich last year. Didn't get a look in though.

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
you love your conspiracy theories!

Um everything I said is factual. AA selectors voted that way, people didn’t want Dusty in and we won the premiership. Your the one who thinks that a premiership team as no elite players in it.

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Exactly that’s why Fyfe has only 3 AAs
He’s played 16+ games in 7 of 13 seasons.
2 of those were his first 2 seasons.

Fyfe’s career is tragic, he would be on 8xAAs and probably another Brownlow without those injuries.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Um everything I said is factual. AA selectors voted that way, people didn’t want Dusty in and we won the premiership. Your the one who thinks that a premiership team as no elite players in it.
"AA selectors don't rate Richmond players" --- factual? Please.

Also, you really need to work on your spelling and grammar. It's painful to try and read your dribble.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't tend to put my view forward on who is deserving or not as i don't watch enough games. But the methodology of using season averages over season totals is flawed,

I love when the selectors tell us why they picked their backs - 'this guy ave 21 disposals, 10 marks, disposal eff of 85%, 300m gained.......'
How many goals did he have kicked on him? - 'selector shrugs his shoulders'

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
"AA selectors don't rate Richmond players" --- factual? Please.

Also, you really need to work on your spelling and grammar. It's painful to try and read your dribble.

Bruh it’s the way they voted. Why can’t you comprehend this?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Bruh. It just means that there were no other stand outs, not that AA selectors have anything against Richmond. Why can't you comprehend this?

Fancy getting so upset whether your team got enough AA selections or not ?

I could complain about Darcy Moore robbknf Jacob Weitering last year, but what would be the point? Weiters let's his footy do the talking and has evolved onto a far greater defender and player Moore could ever hope to dream of.

BringFevBack2021

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton

I could complain about Darcy Moore robbknf Jacob Weitering last year, but what would be the point? Weiters let's his footy do the talking and has evolved onto a far greater defender and player Moore could ever hope to dream of.
Yeah, exactly! It's just a fun concept, of course - Weiters has been criminally underrated but it's only slightly frustrating for me. I'd love to see multiple Baggers in the AA every year but I care way more about winning games.

What's the record for teams with most selections? Carlton might give it a shake.

Weitering, Cripps, Saad, Walsh, Curnow, McKay, JSos, Kennedy, Hewett probably missed 3-4. All keys to success, will walk into any club and make that side instantly better.
McKay is no chance. And 7. JSOS? Don't make me laugh. Been good but would be outside the top 100 right now.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
What's the record for teams with most selections? Carlton might give it a shake.

Weitering, Cripps, Saad, Walsh, Curnow, McKay, JSos, Kennedy, Hewett probably missed 3-4. All keys to success, will walk into any club and make that side instantly better.
McKay won't since he's missing 6 weeks. You're missing Docherty though.

Realistically we'll only be getting 4 max.

No he's not, he'd make your club a better side in 5 mins.
McKay will miss 6 games through injury. He's 11 goals behind the Coleman leader and that will only increase until he gets back.
Top 50 yes, but definitely comfortably in the 50-100 range based on his season so far, Jack has been sensational..
He's been good, but not too 100 IMO. Not that it's a bad thing, top 100 is a bloody high standard

BringFevBack2021

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
McKay is no chance. And 7. JSOS? Don't make me laugh. Been good but would be outside the top 100 right now.
Yeah, I think JSOS is a great player but he's not a standout performer, just a very consistent one. McKay can't, too much time missed with injury.
McKay won't since he's missing 6 weeks. You're missing Docherty though.

Realistically we'll only be getting 4 max.

Realistically, Carlton have a few genuine chances:
Cripps
Curnow
Weitering
Docherty

and, a couple smokies:
Saad
Walsh (Been down on output up until last week where he looked his best again)
Hewett

We won't break the record this year, or even get close to equaling it. I'd be stoked if the four genuine chances I mentioned can continue their form to date. Four is a lot.

Oct 16, 2003
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Yeah, strange post. Kennedy no chance either IMO. Started very well and is having a fine season but the All Australian midfield is a very, very high level and Kennedy isn't there. Saad I wouldn't have in genuine contention either at this stage - ironically I would have Docherty ahead of him who wasn't mentioned. And yes, JSOS is absolutely no where near it. Gunston in his prime played a similar role but to a much higher level and made the squad something like 5 or 6 times but almost always missed out - no way JSOS gets in on one decent (but significantly inferior) season.

Edit: Mostly agreed with above in the time to took me to post (stupid boss walking past).

Oct 16, 2003
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No he's not, he'd make your club a better side in 5 mins.
'His' club is 'your' club. and Yes, he probably would make Essendon (and a number of other sides) better. That doesn't make someone All Australian worthy though. There are many players in the competition that would improve other sides if they were to switch.

'His' club is 'your' club. and Yes, he probably would make Essendon (and a number of other sides) better. That doesn't make someone All Australian worthy though. There are many players in the competition that would improve other sides if they were to switch.
Nah he cracked the sad's and stopped supporting Essendon

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond

Nah Dusty got in so I’m happy, just pointing out why we probably won’t get any AAs this year. Lynch’s only chance is if he wins the Coleman. Bolton has been a gun but will get overlooked again probably just make the squad of 40.

Good effort, fooled a few people with your lame troll.

But you're missing probably 7-8.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Nah Dusty got in so I’m happy, just pointing out why we probably won’t get any AAs this year. Lynch’s only chance is if he wins the Coleman. Bolton has been a gun but will get overlooked again probably just make the squad of 40.

Relax, Bolton will easily make the starting 18 of the AA team. Lynch should get in too.
You guys are having a pretty decent season for a club in a bit of a list refresh (love Gibcus, he is a jet)

Back