2022 All Aus Predictions and Rolling teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Relax, Bolton will easily make the starting 18 of the AA team. Lynch should get in too.
You guys are having a pretty decent season for a club in a bit of a list refresh (love Gibcus, he is a jet)

Hope you’re right. Yeah Gibcus is a gun, should get a rising star nomination this year imo. Defenders get overlooked though.

But it’s not factual. It’s a theory.
The theory being that Richmond players missed out ‘because they play for Richmond.’

You don’t know that, no one does. As such it’s a conspiracy theory.

Well having a premiership team with only 1 AA selection that was apparently iffy doesn’t seem right mate. If this doesn’t seem strange to you I have no idea what to say, Short won our B&F as well that year but nah the best performed player in the premiership team doesn’t get recognised either. You don’t think the AFL community does this as well? I mean the no Dusty no Richmond meme is a thing.

Well having a premiership team with only 1 AA selection that was apparently iffy doesn’t seem right mate. If this doesn’t seem strange to you I have no idea what to say, Short won our B&F as well that year but nah the best performed player in the premiership team doesn’t get recognised either. You don’t think the AFL community does this as well? I mean the no Dusty no Richmond meme is a thing.

Blicavs is a two time best and fairest and a 0 time AA - two cats players made it over him in 2018 including another member of the defence that Blicavs played in.

Richmond got 3 players in 2018 when they didn’t even make the grand final.

Kind of puts a hole in the anti Richmond conspiracy.

The dogs didn’t get anyone in the starting side when they won the
Comp.

If tigers fans want to keep peddling this ‘champion team over a team of champions’ s**t then deal with what comes along with that

Blicavs is a two time best and fairest and a 0 time AA - two cats players made it over him in 2018 including another member of the defence that Blicavs played in.

Richmond got 3 players in 2018 when they didn’t even make the grand final.

Kind of puts a hole in the anti Richmond conspiracy.

The dogs didn’t get anyone in the starting side when they won the
Comp.

If tigers fans want to keep peddling this ‘champion team over a team of champions’ s**t then deal with what comes along with that

Sorry when exactly did Blicavs win the premiership? We finished minor premiers in 2018, you guys get 3+ AAs regularly just making top 4. Idk how many dogs got AA in 2016 but I guarantee it’s more than 1. They also finished 7th in H&A which you are not factoring in. We finished 3rd.

Sorry when exactly did Blicavs win the premiership? We finished minor premiers in 2018, you guys get 3+ AAs regularly just making top 4. Idk how many dogs got AA in 2016 but I guarantee it’s more than 1. They also finished 7th in H&A which you are not factoring in. We finished 3rd.

You’re using a best and fairest as some sort of golden ticket to get in the side. I literally just showed you an instance in which Blicavs won a B and F and a member of his
OWN defensive unit got in the side ahead of him, so what does a B and F matter?

Oh it only matters when it’s Richmond I forgot

This just in everybody apparently individual honours like AA selections don’t actually reward individual performers they reward teams now. Even teams who claim their dominance lies not in having a squad of stars but 22 players who are equally important.

Hell why not do away with the AA concept and just call it the 2022 AFL Richmond Tigers

What a ridiculous argument lmao. Richmond in 2020 weren't a dominant side and finished 2 games outside of the top two. Their game has always been about roles instead of the individual brilliance of players, save for Martin, Lynch and Riewoldt (and Rance when he was playing). Martin was always going to be the only Richmond player to make the AA side in 2020. That doesn't say anything about Richmond, or a conspiracy against them. All that says is that the side wasn't reliant on their stars to get them through. Alternatively, Carlton having two players in the AA side in 2021 was indicative of their reliance on stars to play well.

Get a brain and stop being so obsessed with such minute details of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re using a best and fairest as some sort of golden ticket to get in the side. I literally just showed you an instance in which Blicavs won a B and F and a member of his
OWN defensive unit got in the side ahead of him, so what does a B and F matter?

Oh it only matters when it’s Richmond I forgot

B&F IN A PREMIERSHIP SIDE. How more elite do you have to be ffs. He was the biggest reason why we got to the GF in the first place.

What a ridiculous argument lmao. Richmond in 2020 weren't a dominant side and finished 2 games outside of the top two. Their game has always been about roles instead of the individual brilliance of players, save for Martin, Lynch and Riewoldt (and Rance when he was playing). Martin was always going to be the only Richmond player to make the AA side in 2020. That doesn't say anything about Richmond, or a conspiracy against them. All that says is that the side wasn't reliant on their stars to get them through. Alternatively, Carlton having two players in the AA side in 2021 was indicative of their reliance on stars to play well.

Get a brain and stop being so obsessed with such minute details of the game.

Ok man, vlastuin and short being two of the best backmen in a dysnasty team isn’t enough to get an AA. Prestia also got B&F in a premiership side in 2019, the 2nd best midfielder for the best team in the comp over 4 years isn’t enough either. What a joke.

Ok man, vlastuin and short being two of the best backmen in a dysnasty team isn’t enough to get an AA. Prestia also got B&F in a premiership side in 2019, the 2nd best midfielder for the best team in the comp over 4 years isn’t enough either. What a joke.

Look to be fair, you’ve got an excellent point.

Before this instance, you have to go right back - I checked this and it took me a long time - right, way way way back, to 2018, for the previous time a best and fairest from a premiership winner didn’t make the AA side.

But yeah definitely a Richmond thing

Were they both better and more important to their teams than any of the players named? Probably not.

Was prestia better than Bontempelli, Cripps, Dangerfield, Fyfe, Neale, Tim Kelly or Yeo in 2019? Definitely not. So what are you arguing for?

You don't give awards for sustained performance over a stretch. Good on him for being the second-best midfielder for a dynasty. But he doesn't deserve an AA blazer if he ain't among the best few in his position for a season. Comprende?

Their individual efforts is WHY they got the premierships you idiot. If that’s not enough I don’t know what is.
No. The team efforts are.

It's somewhat ironic for you to be calling other people idiots when you're the one making a dick of yourself. If you're not self-aware enough to see that, I can't help you.

Were they both better and more important to their teams than any of the players named? Probably not.

Was prestia better than Bontempelli, Cripps, Dangerfield, Fyfe, Neale, Tim Kelly or Yeo in 2019? Definitely not. So what are you arguing for?

You don't give awards for sustained performance over a stretch. Good on him for being the second-best midfielder for a dynasty. But he doesn't deserve an AA blazer if he ain't among the best few in his position for a season. Comprende?

Tim Kelly and Yeo . That fact you said that proves exactly what I’m talking about.

Tim Kelly and Yeo . That fact you said that proves exactly what I’m talking about.
The same Elliot Yeo that won a B&F in a premiership team the year before (incidentally, no AA) and was again the best player in a West Coast team that won 1 less game than Richmond in 2019.

Over west coasts premiership window he got 2 AAs. 2017 and 2019. Eagles also weren’t a dynasty team or dominant for as long as us. Vlastuin, Prestia, short DIDN’T EVEN GET 1 BETWEEN THEM IN A 4 YEAR PERIOD despite being the best or 2nd best players in their positions for our team.

Oh so the rules change now you’ve been shown it wasn’t just a Richmond thing. Good to know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back