2022 All Aus Predictions and Rolling teams

Remove this Banner Ad

houli, rance and grimes were clearly ahead of short and vlastuin for richmond defenders in their premiership years. dont think short and vlastuin should have really been in the conversation for AA during that period compared to their richmond contemporaries, let alone considering the two big west coast boys and all the other great defenders during that period.

Over west coasts premiership window he got 2 AAs. 2017 and 2019. Eagles also weren’t a dynasty team or dominant for as long as us. Vlastuin, Prestia, short DIDN’T EVEN GET 1 BETWEEN THEM IN A 4 YEAR PERIOD despite being the best or 2nd best players in their positions for our team.
But were they in the top few in the competition for those positions?

Pretty sure Short got most meters gained in the comp in 2020. That’s pretty much what the HB role is for. But guess that means squat for AA selections.
Short had a great 2020, unlucky not to be recognised. My guess there was some Richmond fatigue by then.

But the 2 back flankers in DBJ (unusual but inspired choice IMO) and Daniel were no mugs.

I’d be interested in the metres gained from kick outs vs in play. Short’s a great kick but thumping it 60 from a kick out is a good but not unique skill. I’d certainly put intercept possessions and efficient disposals above pure metres gained from a back flanker.

He probably would be because AA selectors don’t rate Richmond players. We only got Dusty in 2020 when we won the premiership and people like you were saying he shouldn’t have even been in. Crazy

I know everyone is piling on but I assure you it's not an "anti Richmond" bias.

Just a few examples from a single club I know best...

Hawthorn is the only side in (current AA format) history to win the flag and have no AA players in it.

When Hawthorn finished minor premiers in 2012 (AA is selected shortly after and based on home and away), Sam Mitchell comfortably won the best and fairest and was easily Hawthorn's best mid in our most dominant home and away season of that era. He also won the Brownlow. He was not selected AA.

Josh Gibson won the best and fairest in the first of our threepeat years (2013) and was not selected AA.

These things happen. I'm sure all clubs have similar examples. They are marginal calls and do not demonstrate evidence of a conspiracy.

Short had a great 2020, unlucky not to be recognised. My guess there was some Richmond fatigue by then.

But the 2 back flankers in DBJ (unusual but inspired choice IMO) and Daniel were no mugs.

I’d be interested in the metres gained from kick outs vs in play. Short’s a great kick but thumping it 60 from a kick out is a good but not unique skill. I’d certainly put intercept possessions and efficient disposals above pure metres gained from a back flanker.

Intercept possessions are more for the KPDs because they are taller and constest the marks. HB flankers are meant to provide run and carry off the HB line to attack. Hence why they are generally shorter. Short should’ve got in instead of DBJ. Dusty flogged DBJ in the 2020 prelim, obviously not AA standard to lose that badly.

I know everyone is piling on but I assure you it's not an "anti Richmond" bias.

Just a few examples from a single club I know best...

Hawthorn is the only side in (current AA format) history to win the flag and have no AA players in it.

When Hawthorn finished minor premiers in 2012 (AA is selected shortly after and based on home and away), Sam Mitchell comfortably won the best and fairest and was easily Hawthorn's best mid in our most dominant home and away season of that era. He also won the Brownlow. He was not selected AA.

Josh Gibson won the best and fairest in the first of our threepeat years (2013) and was not selected AA.

These things happen. I'm sure all clubs have similar examples. They are marginal calls and do not demonstrate evidence of a conspiracy.

Which hawks year are you referring too? You guys had at least 1 AA every year from 2012-2015. Also 2008.

Gibson got one is 2015 so it’s even.

Intercept possessions are more for the KPDs because they are taller and constest the marks. HB flankers are meant to provide run and carry off the HB line to attack. Hence why they are generally shorter. Short should’ve got in instead of DBJ. Dusty flogged DBJ in the 2020 prelim, obviously not AA standard to lose that badly.
From memory DBJ had more score involvements than any other half back in that H&A season and only Blicavs (who spent time in the ruck) had more score launches than him.

Their individual efforts is WHY they got the premierships you idiot. If that’s not enough I don’t know what is.

The AA is awarded before the finals series.

In Richmond’s only truely dominant home and away season (2018) you had eight nominations and four in the final 22.

There is no conspiracy.

The AA is awarded before the finals series.

In Richmond’s only truely dominant home and away season (2018) you had eight nominations and four in the final 22.

There is no conspiracy.

All Shorts stats I’m referencing is just for H&A

From memory DBJ had more score involvements than any other half back in that H&A season and only Blicavs (who spent time in the ruck) had more score launches than him.

No Short had 67 which was 65th in the league, DBJ had 50 which was 163rd in the league.

Still DBJ got it, wtf else do we measure.

Which hawks year are you referring too? You guys had at least 1 AA every year from 2012-2015. Also 2008.

Gibson got one is 2015 so it’s even.

I was referring to 1991. As I said, the only team to win the flag and have no AA's.

Also, not sure how it is even cos he got AA in 2015. He ALSO won the best and fairest in a premiership year in 2015. Not sure how that compensates for doing the same in 2013 and missing out given your 'anti- Richmond' idea is largely based on players winning b&f's in premiership years and not getting AA.

Besides, these were just a few examples off the top of my head in relation to another club. Supporters of nearly every club could do the same. The fact you are so aware of the times Richmond players have been 'unlucky' is because of your bias FOR Richmond, not the rest of the world being biased against.

I was referring to 1991. As I said, the only team to win the flag and have no AA's.

Also, not sure how it is even cos he got AA in 2015. He ALSO won the best and fairest in a premiership year in 2015. Not sure how that compensates for doing the same in 2013 and missing out given your 'anti- Richmond' idea is largely based on players winning b&f's in premiership years and not getting AA.

Besides, these were just a few examples off the top of my head in relation to another club. Supporters of nearly every club could do the same. The fact you are so aware of the times Richmond players have been 'unlucky' is because of your bias FOR Richmond, not the rest of the world being biased against.

Ok we’ll see. I bet my left nut we get only 1 AA max this year even though most people have Short, Lynch and Bolton in their teams, I also have Dusty as a smokey. I think we’ll end the debate here it’s going a bit off topic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Short had 67 which was 65th in the league, DBJ had 50 which was 163rd in the league.

Still DBJ got it, wtf else do we measure.
My memory was he was high up in Ground Ball Gets, intercept possessions and Defensive Acts
Have you got those comparisons?

Ok we’ll see. I bet my left nut we get only 1 AA max this year even though most people have Short, Lynch and Bolton in their teams, I also have Dusty as a smokey. I think we’ll end the debate here it’s going a bit off topic.

Lynch is definitely in on current form. Bolton probably the squad but not final 22, Short the same.

Dusty has played 3 of 9 games, would take a lot for him to make it.

Lynch is definitely in on current form. Bolton probably the squad but not final 22, Short the same.

Dusty has played 3 of 9 games, would take a lot for him to make it.

Bolton definately in. He would be the first player I would select as a half forward / forward pocket.

Short more borderline but I would have in the 22 at this stage. Though I think his move to midfield will see him drop out soon even if it helps the Tigers as a team

Jacob Weitering deserves consideration. Slowish start but dominating at the moment. Was huge last night.

Jacob Weitering deserves consideration. Slowish start but dominating at the moment. Was huge last night.

Pretty average. His opponent got two and attracted a lot of double teaming.

Listen I do not give a rats about whether any Blood makes AA. Never have, never will.

I try to look over the Comp and argue for fairness.

Firstly I see players from outside Melbourne are dismissed or ignored.

Fancy getting so upset whether your team got enough AA selections or not ?

I could complain about Darcy Moore robbknf Jacob Weitering last year, but what would be the point? Weiters let's his footy do the talking and has evolved onto a far greater defender and player Moore could ever hope to dream of.
Moore was selected because he had the better season

If they keep up their form u can lock in Steven May with Jacob Weitering. Oppo key forwards wouldn't even get a sniff of the goals

Listen I do not give a rats about whether any Blood makes AA. Never have, never will.

I try to look over the Comp and argue for fairness.

Firstly I see players from outside Melbourne are dismissed or ignored.
Yeah the Weitering calls are coming from Carlton fans mostly. I think he's like 35th in one on one contested battles. Take away last night and he shouldn't be near this team tbh. More games like last night will see him come into consideration, but not near it atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back