Stewart
Sicily
Brayshaw
Short
Sinclair
Rich
Dawson
Zorko

Which one would Rioli be taking the spot of?
To be fair Zorko started well in the backline but hasn't played there for a few weeks. Gone back to his more m/f role. Coleman has come back into the team on the back flank

To be fair Zorko started well in the backline but hasn't played there for a few weeks. Gone back to his more m/f role. Coleman has come back into the team on the back flank
Easy fix, Dan Houston in Zorko out. Rioli is levels below all of them. Good player for sure but not close to elite at this stage

Dale
Docherty
Stewart
Sicily
Brayshaw
Short
Sinclair
Rich
Dawson
Zorko

Which one would Rioli be taking the spot of?

Im pretty sure Rioli isnt competing for a spot against Sicily and Stewart to begin. He has probably been better than Short too, in defence.

The article talks about how he is in the running replacing a team mate. Short is spending more time in the middle so may well miss out because he has half his time in each so wont be the best at either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a percentage or total or both?

I would think Brad Hill is high up on the list too.
Percentage! Over 40%.

It’s one of many statistics I gathered from a Charles Spargo puff piece so no idea where Brad Hill rates sorry.

To those who laughed when I said Rioli was getting close a few weeks ago -

Now they are just laughing that you are using Lauren Wood & the Hearld Sun as your "mike drop" moment. Who gives a s**t what the HUN thinks. Rioli has 1 AFLCA vote - Short, Baker, Vloss & Broad have racked them up in double figures in nearly half the games in the same role down back for the Tigers.

No, they didn't.

Kouta was the raging Brownlow favourite for the entire 2000 season with McLeod, Buckley and West the next fancied.

I don't think there was anyone from Essendon who was tipped to poll many votes, such was their evenness that year.
Hird enjoyed a pretty good comeback season, but he also missed too many games to be in Brownlow/MVP contention.

Man Kouta had a few year period there where he was just a beast. His peak was huge, reckon he is a bit underrated these days

Now they are just laughing that you are using Lauren Wood & the Hearld Sun as your "mike drop" moment. Who gives a s**t what the HUN thinks. Rioli has 1 AFLCA vote - Short, Baker, Vloss & Broad have racked them up in double figures in nearly half the games in the same role down back for the Tigers.
Mate it's bad enough reading your constant dribble all over the richmond board.

All I said is he's betting close, which he is.

Mate it's bad enough reading your constant dribble all over the richmond board.

All I said is he's betting close, which he is.
he really isn't, Rioli has certainly rejuvinated himself playing off half back, but he isn't even the best at it on your list, let alone one of the best in AFL

When does George Hewett come into the equation?

Has not had a single poor game. He missed a couple of games with injury and yet these are his stat averages:

Diposals: 30.3
@80% efficiency. That's elite.

Clearances: 8
3rd in comp behind only Oliver and Macrae

Centre Clearances: 4.9
By far the best in the league. Well ahead of Jarryd Lyon: 3.6.
After 3.6, the next numbers go down in 0.1 which indicates he is in a league of his own there.
This is whilst playing most of his games with Silvagni as ruck.

Contested Possession: 14.8
3rd in league only behind Oliver and Neale.

Also right up there in other important stats like Score Involvement and Tackles.

He really has been as influential to the way Carlton has played as anyone.

Truth be told, I absolutely have no clue how Sydney would not have done everything possible to keep him? I would not give him up for anything right now.

I know there are plenty of Carlton players suggested as is, but need to mention his name. He's definitely makes the team of 40

Last edited:
When does George Hewett come into the equation?

Has not had a single poor game. He missed a couple of games with injury and yet these are his stat averages:

Diposals: 30.3
@80% efficiency. That's elite.

Clearances: 8
3rd in comp behind only Oliver and Macrae

Centre Clearances: 4.9
By far the best in the league. Well ahead of Jarryd Lyon: 3.6.
After 3.6, the next numbers go down in 0.1 which indicates he is in a league of his own there.
This is whilst playing most of his games with Silvagni as ruck.

Contested Possession: 14.8
3rd in league only behind Oliver and Neale.

Also right up there in other important stats like Score Involvement and Tackles.
Squad atm, it's kinda easy when Crippa draws 3 opponents at stoppages

Remove this Banner Ad

Back