2022 All Aus Predictions and Rolling teams

Remove this Banner Ad

You would’ve won them anyway. Aren’t you guys the best ever team in the history of the world? I mean you did get a back to… oh wait you lost to a fat bloke in 5 mins

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We would have won them anyway…. If we deliberately tanked to get draft picks…..

And you want to have a go at someone about how drafting works

Squad
Is this one pretty close?

Sicily Taylor Saad
Sinclair May Brayshaw
Mcluggage Oliver Mills
Heeney Cameron Bolton
Cameron Curnow Hawkins
Gawn Brayshaw Neale

Bench Trac Touk Blicavs Bont

Squad of 40

Backs Stewart Docherty Wilkie Dawson Rioli Andrews

Mids Viney Cripps Rozee Libba Laird Walsh Macrae

Rucks Witts

Forwards Stengle Fritsch Moore Wright

Not bad. McLuggage has played mostly as an inside mid this year, not on the level as the other inside mids yet. Would have Dale over Rioli in the squad. Saad is eh, got destroyed by Keays last week. Rozee and Cripps are top 5 in the coaches votes, expect both to be in the 22.

Squad

Not bad. McLuggage has played mostly as an inside mid this year, not on the level as the other inside mids yet. Would have Dale over Rioli in the squad. Saad is eh, got destroyed by Keays last week. Rozee and Cripps are top 5 in the coaches votes, expect both to be in the 22.
Yeah wings are tough this year. Will they go outside mids?
I think Mills is a fair shout now he’s spending chunks there and good reward for the swans year so far

Good shout on Dale brain fade I missed him. I got shut down for posting Cripps in my last starting team but I’m a huge Crippa fan so more then happy for him to make it.

Rozee been great but think he’ll just make the 40. They’re like that on breakout types. Especially with Port missing finals. Could they put him on a wing? Never played there obviously but an outside beast. He’ll be a lock the next 5+ years regardless of this year he’s a superstar!

Yeah wings are tough this year. Will they go outside mids?
I think Mills is a fair shout now he’s spending chunks there and good reward for the swans year so far

Good shout on Dale brain fade I missed him. I got shut down for posting Cripps in my last starting team but I’m a huge Crippa fan so more then happy for him to make it.

Rozee been great but think he’ll just make the 40. They’re like that on breakout types. Especially with Port missing finals. Could they put him on a wing? Never played there obviously but an outside beast. He’ll be a lock the next 5+ years regardless of this year he’s a superstar!

Don't think any wings make it. Wouldnt be surprised if they give Josh Daicos a spot there as its tough to pick a Pies representative, maybe him, his brother or Maynard.

Cripps has had a good recent 2 weeks and was best in the comp for the first 2 months, had an average 2-3 months in-between though. Fairly expendable but coaches votes dont lie.

Rozee probably would get a bench spot not a wing. They give it to inside mids with a strong outside game (Merrett and Walsh last year). So Mills and Brayshaw would be the ideal two.

Is this one pretty close?

Sicily Taylor Saad
Sinclair May Brayshaw
Mcluggage Oliver Mills
Heeney Cameron Bolton
Cameron Curnow Hawkins
Gawn Brayshaw Neale

Bench Trac Touk Blicavs Bont

Squad of 40

Backs Stewart Docherty Wilkie Dawson Rioli Andrews

Mids Viney Cripps Rozee Libba Laird Walsh Macrae

Rucks Witts

Forwards Stengle Fritsch Moore Wright

Can't see any obvious changes I'd make so it's a very good team. Maybe Dale unlucky to miss the squad at this stage.

I think it's pretty astute to have Bont and Petracca on the bench. Bont has been good but not good enough to displace anyone on the field, and whilst Petracca is a lock, 16 goals from 59 shots is the lowest accuracy in the league?(not 100% sure), cannot be on a half foward flank before bolton or heeney. Also think Touk might deserve a spot on the field.

Can't see any obvious changes I'd make so it's a very good team. Maybe Dale unlucky to miss the squad at this stage.

I think it's pretty astute to have Bont and Petracca on the bench. Bont has been good but not good enough to displace anyone on the field, and whilst Petracca is a lock, 16 goals from 59 shots is the lowest accuracy in the league?(not 100% sure), cannot be on a half foward flank before bolton or heeney. Also think Touk might deserve a spot on the field.
Don't think any wings make it. Wouldnt be surprised if they give Josh Daicos a spot there as its tough to pick a Pies representative, maybe him, his brother or Maynard.

Cripps has had a good recent 2 weeks and was best in the comp for the first 2 months, had an average 2-3 months in-between though. Fairly expendable but coaches votes dont lie.

Rozee probably would get a bench spot not a wing. They give it to inside mids with a strong outside game (Merrett and Walsh last year). So Mills and Brayshaw would be the ideal two.
Yeah pies are fascinating

Tigers always felt like a teams team with no standouts bar Dusty. But We still had all Australian’s, these guys are so unique. No stand outs at all

Yeah Josh Daicos interesting, still think it’ll be Nick if any makes the squad of 40. Josh is too hot and cold but tough role on the wing and is 1 of very few in the mix along with probably Langdon who is getting found out more as the year goes on?

Be very interesting what they do with those wing spots. Brayshaw would be an easy shuffle there for sure!

Cripps/Rozee are both deserving for sure!

Yeah I forgot Dale. If Brayshaw goes to a wing i’d happily start Dale on the back flank and move Mcluggage to the squad of 40 where he probably belongs!

Yeah Bont and Trac could fit anywhere which is why I like their flexibility on the bench! It’s another reason I like Blicavs. 2nd ruck, key back, inside mid and tagger. His flexibility deserves it! Touk is my favourite player in the comp. Neale is fading as the year goes but he’s still the Brownlow favourite so I feel he is locked in to a rover slot, Brayshaw the same and Oliver speaks for himself. I thought of putting Touk on a wing but think he’s best suited to the bench for now. I went Heeney on field over Trac which is another spot I could probably flick around. Trac deserves an on field slot but with only 3 starting mid spots it’s bloody tough going to get a spot!

B: Maynard May Sicily
HB: Sinclair Taylor Dale

R: Gawn Oliver Neale
C: Miller Petracca Brayshaw

HF: Petracca Hawkins Heeney
F: Cameron Cameron Curnow

I: Bont Laird Bolton Rozee

Squad
Adel: Laird, Dawson
Bris: McLuggage, Neale, C.Cameron
Carl: Cripps, Docherty, Saad, Walsh
Coll: N.Daicos, J.Daicos, Maynard
Ess: Merrett
Frem: Brayshaw
GC: Witts, Miller
Geel: Hawkins, Cameron, Blicavs, Stengle, Stewart
GWS: Taylor
Haw: Sicily, Moore
Port: Rozee
Melb: Gawn, Petracca, Oliver, May, Brayshaw
North:
Rich: Bolton, Lynch
St.K: Sinclair
Syd: Mills, Parker Heeney
WB: Bont, Libba, Macrae, Dale
WC:

Collingwood have no All Australian players.
We are just the All Australian TEAM.
Back on topic, Collingwood are one choke against Geelong off being outright top, yet I can't think of a single player that would make the 22. Even the 40 you'd need to stretch it a bit. Would be a very long time since that's happened.

I would like to think Maynard is very much in contention. While he does not have the disposal stats that some of the running defenders have his defensive skills more than make up for it. He barely loses a contest and his 1 percenters are huge.

The difference is some defenders like Sinclair and Docherty run around stat padding but do not influence games. Maynard wins games. Stars mean nothing.

I know it’s just a phrase but does anyone seriously think players in the AFL actually base their games around trying to get stats?

Everything they do gets analysed to the nth degree so it’s not like they can come off the field and March into the list manager’s office and say ‘look I had 25 touches you need to pay me more.’

Players want to win and they want to play their part in that. I doubt many if any players at league level are interested in just getting some stats in their column

I know it’s just a phrase but does anyone seriously think players in the AFL actually base their games around trying to get stats?

Everything they do gets analysed to the nth degree so it’s not like they can come off the field and March into the list manager’s office and say ‘look I had 25 touches you need to pay me more.’

Players want to win and they want to play their part in that. I doubt many if any players at league level are interested in just getting some stats in their column

This is a good comment. The previous poster's take was pretty average.

I can't speak too much for Docherty but Sinclair has actually become really good defensively in his own right. Sure he never plays the lockdown role but at the same time he rarely loses a one-on-one, never drops a mark and under pressure, always helps out his teammates, and his hands below his knees and phone booth work are as clean as anyone in the game.

I would bet Docherty is doing much more than just padding his stats sheet as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We would have won them anyway…. If we deliberately tanked to get draft picks…..

And you want to have a go at someone about how drafting works

Just that one game to us dude. It’s concerning you thought I meant every game. Did you recently suffer a concussion?

Just that one game to us dude. It’s concerning you thought I meant every game. Did you recently suffer a concussion?

Reading your sewage and attempts to appear like you have any idea what you are talking about is worse than a concussion.

Just to reiterate:

‘Maybe you should have tried to draft Cotchin and Martin instead [which would require us NOT winning flags in 7-9-11] that way you’d have 3 flags from 17-19-20.’

We would have the same amount of flags but would have had to wait 10 years later.

Yes splendid trade off and another in a long line of utterly unfathomably nonsensical ramblings.

Splendid effort

Pies definitely could end up with nobody in the squad. I would say N.Daicos and Maynard are our most likely to get selected.

Elliott and De Goey would have been a shout, if not for missed games.

Reading your sewage and attempts to appear like you have any idea what you are talking about is worse than a concussion.

Just to reiterate:

‘Maybe you should have tried to draft Cotchin and Martin instead [which would require us NOT winning flags in 7-9-11] that way you’d have 3 flags from 17-19-20.’

We would have the same amount of flags but would have had to wait 10 years later.

Yes splendid trade off and another in a long line of utterly unfathomably nonsensical ramblings.

Splendid effort

Where the f is that quote from I didn’t say that nor meant it. You misread it and are now using it as a quote lol

Backfired because we used those players to win 17, 19,20 beating you every step of the way. Cost you the 19/20 flags. Love that 28 goal smashing you gave us. Holds a special place in my heart like the Dees drafting the two guys before Dusty.

Just in case you forgot.

Is launching our three flag era by beating you by 28 goals, in your words ‘backfired because Richmond used the players they subsequently drafted from that disastrous point, to win the 17-19-20 flags.’

How did it backfire.

We won 3 flags, you won 3. We drafted Harry Taylor who was a huge part of 2 of them.

So, again. How did it backfire.

Just in case you forgot.

Is launching our three flag era by beating you by 28 goals, in your words ‘backfired because Richmond used the players they subsequently drafted from that disastrous point, to win the 17-19-20 flags.’

How did it backfire.

We won 3 flags, you won 3. We drafted Harry Taylor who was a huge part of 2 of them.

So, again. How did it backfire.

So where did I say for you to tank mate? You helped us to tank and it backfired for you in 17-19-20 as we used the players we got from finishing lower to beat you. Thanks again.

So where did I say for you to tank mate? You helped us to tank and it backfired for you in 17-19-20 as we used the players we got from finishing lower to beat you. Thanks again.

can you shut the * up and take your bullshit somewhere else, the adults are discussing AA selections

Genuinely Brayden Maynard. The quintessential medium defender

There is a Pie defender who deserves to be in the squad and it’s Maynard

Elite in: 1-on-1 contests, intercepts, spoils, contested possessions, tackles, pressure acts and spoils

Above average in: intercept marks, metres gained, inside 50’s, clearances, ground ball gets, score launches and contested marks
Maynard Moore Howe and Daicos. All should be in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back