2022 All Aus Predictions and Rolling teams

Remove this Banner Ad

no of course not,

but should imagine what Stewart would of done, that's why Stewart stays in the team, but Lynch is out, because, well because he plays for Geelong
I don't think Stewart will make the team, though. Reckon the HBF is one of the most hotly contested positions this year.

no of course not,

but should imagine what Stewart would of done, that's why Stewart stays in the team, but Lynch is out, because, well because he plays for Geelong
Stewart is competing with Wilkie and Sicily as medium defenders and probably misses because of the suspension.

Why bother with analysing the potential team when you can just get caught amongst yet another Richmond and Geelong shitfight. Unbelievably boring

Stewart 4 games suspended, 1 concussion, 2 tags with just par influence. Enough for him to miss for me, for a 2022 performance side. Don't get caught up in the best overall, I'd say he'd be close to first picked defender in the comp in a general best team, but for 2022 alone, I'm leaving him out.

Same goes for Lynch.

So let me get this straight, Richmond currently has the best FF in the game in Lynch right? The best player of all time in Martin, yes? Hawkins is crap, Cameron is a downhill skier, Stengle is a dud, Danger & Selwood are just cooked - according to you.

I'm just wondering why Geelong sits 2 games clear on top and Richmond is fighting for a spot in the 8, considering all of the elite talent on the Richmond list and the plodders clogging Geelongs?

On the flip side, Lynch creating goals via turnovers from pressure means nothing, but Hawkins goal assists are why he's better, according to Geelong fans.

Pretty sobering when you realise contested marks don’t add squat to the scoreboard for the teams he has played for.

If Usain Bolt played AFL you know he’d probably never have to ever take a contested mark, right?

This is a fairly terrible argument as yes he actually would as when sides flood/clog the space, he wouldn't have room. That's why contested marks are valuable, because you don't need the perfect F50 entry and space. If the other team is set up defensively and you have the best contested mark in the comp, it's more likely to turn into a goal, than if you don't have a contested mark player. How hard is that to understand??

So wrapped up in being argumentative about why some stats don't matter (and the ones you pick do) you miss a fairly obvious piece of context.

No, they don’t.

The ball
Doesn’t know whether the person kicking it had to compete for it or not.

How can you not grasp this?

Yes it’s a great skill to have. However it literally does not matter one lick of s**t to the scoreboard if you still score through uncontested marks.

Are you seriously that thick that you can’t understand this?

If you’re a key forward and you can take a big contested mark in a pack of 2-3 players that’s fantastic.

Why is that more valuable than being able to continually get on the lead and take uncontested ones because your speed or positioning or leading pattern means you’re on your own?

As I said, Usain Bolt if he were an AFL forward would conceivably go through a season without having to even try and take a contested mark because he would always be getting into space.

To use an ACTUAL example, Jason Dunstall.

He was an inferior contested mark to Lockett and Ablett.

Didn’t seem to hurt his output much. Why? Because he was better at getting on a lead and not having to take a contested mark.

Dude you really confuse yourself. If the ball is being kicked to the goal square and multiple players go up for a pack mark, who is more likely to mark it then kick the goal lynch or Hawkins? Ergo more scoring for Lynch as proven by his goals per game.

Players actually practice this man what are you on about? Having a player who is a beast at contested marking is actually another Avenue/option to goal. Of course it matters. You are starting to look silly now. I’ve never heard anybody say contested marking doesn’t matter. Generally contested/pack marking is in the goal square and much closer to goals than uncontested ones. Way more valuable, probably why lynch has better accuracy too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
This is a fairly terrible argument as yes he actually would as when sides flood/clog the space, he wouldn't have room. That's why contested marks are valuable, because you don't need the perfect F50 entry and space. If the other team is set up defensively and you have the best contested mark in the comp, it's more likely to turn into a goal, than if you don't have a contested mark player. How hard is that to understand??

So wrapped up in being argumentative about why some stats don't matter (and the ones you pick do) you miss a fairly obvious piece of context.

There is heaps of context being missed but the logic applies in this context because of a statistical discrepancy that already exists; the fact that Lynch gets less ball in the forward 50 AND has less scoreboard impact when he gets it.

The two players the argument has been between, one of them - the one who takes less contested marks - still takes more marks inside 50. If that figure was reversed then you could mount an argument to say ‘if Hawkins took more contested marks like Lynch he’d be rated higher and have a bigger impact on the scoreboard.’

Because naturally Lynch’s skill in that area would then be creating more opportunities for either his own set shots, or to find a teammate.

But he’s not. He’s still taking less marks inside 50. Hawkins takes more. As a consequence he has more chances to kick goals himself or find someone else who does. So why does he need to start clunking more contested marks when he gets more ball in forward 50 anyway? It makes no sense.

He’s already effecting the scoreboard more BECAUSE he’s getting his hands on the ball at that end of the ground and uses it better. Why does he need to take more contested marks? To extend his margin?

So again, I will ask, because no one seems to want to answer it:

Do Richmond get more points from a shot/pass/scoring chain that originated with a forward taking a contested mark, than another team does for a shot/pass/scoring chain that started with a forward taking an uncontested mark.

A player who kicks 100 goals in a season and hasn’t had to take a contested mark because his positioning is outstanding - his impact isn’t suddenly lessened is it

Dude you really confuse yourself. If the ball is being kicked to the goal square and multiple players go up for a pack mark, who is more likely to mark it then kick the goal lynch or Hawkins? Ergo more scoring for Lynch as proven by his goals per game.

Players actually practice this man what are you on about? Having a player who is a beast at contested marking is actually another Avenue/option to goal. Of course it matters. You are starting to look silly now. I’ve never heard anybody say contested marking doesn’t matter. Generally contested/pack marking is in the goal square and much closer to goals than uncontested ones. Way more valuable, probably why lynch has better accuracy too.

And if there is a player who’s lost his opponent and offered a lead why would it get kicked to the pack.

Where did I say contested marking doesn’t matter? It’s a good skill to have. Nothing’s on - kick to a contest and break even or get it marked. So what - it doesn’t make you more effective at scoring if you can’t get the ball as much in space or can’t find a teammate.

If he’s playing so close to goal all the time why is he taking more marks outside 50?

The point you made about him taking pack marks in the goal square impacting his accuracy IS, by your general standards, a decent one - however Lynch is a fantastic kick at goal from anywhere more often than not so I don’t think it would bother him a lot where he was kicking them from anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And if there is a player who’s lost his opponent and offered a lead why would it get kicked to the pack.

Where did I say contested marking doesn’t matter? It’s a good skill to have. Nothing’s on - kick to a contest and break even or get it marked. So what - it doesn’t make you more effective at scoring if you can’t get the ball as much in space or can’t find a teammate.

If he’s playing so close to goal all the time why is he taking more marks outside 50?

The point you made about him taking pack marks in the goal square impacting his accuracy IS, by your general standards, a decent one - however Lynch is a fantastic kick at goal from anywhere more often than not so I don’t think it would bother him a lot where he was kicking them from anyway.

He doesn’t need to make space or find a teammate if he takes a contested mark then kicks the goal. You only do the stuff Hawkins does if you fail at what lynch does.

Did Lockett and GAS give it off. No way, they were too good so they kicked it themselves.

He doesn’t need to make space or find a teammate if he takes a contested mark then kicks the goal. You only do the stuff Hawkins does if you fail at what lynch does.

Did Lockett and GAS give it off. No way, they were too good so they kicked it themselves.

And Hawkins doesn’t need to take pack marks if he’s getting away from his opponents and taking marks.

Why does the logic apply for one and not the other.

You only deliver the ball to teammates if you ‘fail’ at what Lynch does. Ok.

You realise Hawkins is top 10 in the entire league for contested marks per game as well, then, I take it?

If he’s failing, what are the 650 players ranked behind him doing?

And Hawkins doesn’t need to take pack marks if he’s getting away from his opponents and taking marks.

Why does the logic apply for one and not the other.

You only deliver the ball to teammates if you ‘fail’ at what Lynch does. Ok.

You realise Hawkins is top 10 in the entire league for contested marks per game as well, then, I take it?

If he’s failing, what are the 650 players ranked behind him doing?

Yeah nah you’re right Hawkins breaks away from the defenders really well and takes a lot of uncontested marks. Unfortunately they are so far out and on too tight an angle for him that he kicks at 55% .

I just gonna leave this debate here. Enjoy your fwd/ruck hybrid thing that cbf kicking a goal. I’m gonna watch a real fwd take big pack marks and slot them.

Um it IS resulting in goals hence why lynch has more. Wow 🤣

Lynch doesn't have more though. Do you know how numbers work? They've both kicked the same amount, Hawkins has 5x the goal assists though

Miller was pants'd last week and had his worst game in 3 years. Has had a great season but I dont think you'd want the last few weeks to be his promo reel.

Was very good this week but the last couple of months he strung together a bunch of strong games in a row.
Interesting take!

He was close to best on ground in a team that got pantsed last weekend and on the brownlow predictor votes he has polled in 6 of the last 8 ganes! Dont think you cab have a better lead up to an all australian decision if you tried.

But im not saying he is a lock but i feel he deserves it. Alot of others very close though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back