2022 All Aus Predictions and Rolling teams

Remove this Banner Ad

I find the defense the hardest to lock down. Midfielders im pretty confident on (brayshaw, mills, miller, oliver, cripps etc), wings i feel mccluggage is a lock and forwards i feel hawkins, bolton, cameron, curnow and petraca all pick themselves.

But defence throw a blanket around about 10

Lynch doesn't have more though. Do you know how numbers work? They've both kicked the same amount, Hawkins has 5x the goal assists though

Do you know what average means?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Do you know what average means?

* you're a dumb campaigner lmao. You said he has kicked more goals, not has a higher average. Do you know how the english language works?

Interesting little point

Tom Stewart has played 16 games
Tom Lynch has played 17 games

If the ‘hasn’t played enough games argument’ goes against Lynch the same can easily be said about Stewart?

For what it’s worth I think both make the squad of 40 but miss the 22

If Lynch kicks another bag though this week I reckon recency bias may sneak him a spot on the bench. I just Wish he played 22 games as he would’ve won the Coleman comfortably and there wouldn’t be any qualms about him being in the team haha

Interesting little point

Tom Stewart has played 16 games
Tom Lynch has played 17 games

If the ‘hasn’t played enough games argument’ goes against Lynch the same can easily be said about Stewart?

For what it’s worth I think both make the squad of 40 but miss the 22

If Lynch kicks another bag though this week I reckon recency bias may sneak him a spot on the bench. I just Wish he played 22 games as he would’ve won the Coleman comfortably and there wouldn’t be any qualms about him being in the team haha

You’re arguing a point that I think very few people are standing in the way of.

Stewart missed a chunk of games and since he’s been back, while he’s been good, he hasn’t been ‘so amazing that it’s made up for all his missed games’ good and as such he HAS missed too much footy.

* you're a dumb campaigner lmao. You said he has kicked more goals, not has a higher average. Do you know how the english language works?

Um he kicks more goals per game what don’t you get? Hahahah anger management problems

Watching you all bicker about who is better and more deserving between Hawkins and Lynch is like watching children. Who gives a s**t, move on.

Heeney is an interesting player to categorise and as a result I think he's missing from these conversations.

He's 12th in the league for goals scored. He averages 4.5 tackles a game, which is more than anyone in the top 50 for goals scored. He averages 17 disposals a game, better than 47 players who have the most goals.

Surely thats a lock for a 'small forward' position, despite him being anything but small.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 22 team update:

FB: Tom Stewart - Steven May - James Sicily
HB: Brayden Maynard - Sam Taylor - Jack Sinclair
C: Touk Miller - Andrew Brayshaw - Callum Mills
HF: Shai Bolton - Tom Hawkins - Christian Petracca
FF: Charlie Cameron - Charlie Curnow - Jeremy Cameron
RR: Max Gawn - Clayton Oliver - Lachie Neale
IC: Mark Blicavs - Isaac Heeney - Patrick Cripps - Jordan Dawson

Unchanged.

Squad of 40 (team in bold):
Adelaide: Jordan Dawson, Rory Laird
Brisbane: Charlie Cameron, Lachie Neale, Hugh McCluggage
Carlton: Charlie Curnow, Patrick Cripps, Adam Saad
Collingwood: Brayden Maynard, Nick Daicos
Essendon: N/A
Fremantle: Andrew Brayshaw, Brennan Cox
Geelong: Tom Hawkins, Jeremy Cameron, Tom Stewart, Mark Blicavs, Tyson Stengle, Cam Guthrie
GWS: Sam Taylor
Gold Coast: Touk Miller, Jarrod Witts
Hawthorn: James Sicily, Blake Hardwick
Melbourne: Clayton Oliver, Max Gawn, Christian Petracca, Steven May, Angus Brayshaw
North Melbourne: N/A
Port Adelaide: Connor Rozee
Richmond: Shai Bolton, Tom Lynch, Daniel Rioli
St Kilda: Jack Sinclair, Callum Wilkie
Sydney: Callum Mills, Isaac Heeney, Lance Franklin, Chad Warner
West Coast: Tom Barrass
Western Bulldogs: Marcus Bontempelli
Might just bump this back up as it got buried in the shitfight. If Melbourne drops out of the top-four, I could see Barrass getting close to May's spot in the team.

Apparently J Cameron has done a hammy, anybody think it could affect his chances? Hawkins and Lynch could both kick bags in the last round and overtake him.

Might just bump this back up as it got lost in the shitfight. If Melbourne drops out of the top-four, I could see Barrass getting close to May's spot in the team.
I don’t see how Maynard gets in at all, is that just a case of trying to get a Collingwood player in there somewhere? I’d be surprised if makes the squad to be honest. Also reckon Stewart is out, has not been great since coming back plus the missed game. To be fair he’s been getting tagged every week. Don’t think Dawson gets in there either although he has had a good year.

Rozee is a must in there somewhere, probably on the bench. Reckon there is a real good chance that Saad is getting in the back pocket, been good but the media has been all over him lately. Who goes in for Stewart I’m not exactly sure.

I don’t see how Maynard gets in at all, is that just a case of trying to get a Collingwood player in there somewhere? I’d be surprised if makes the squad to be honest. Also reckon Stewart is out, has not been great since coming back plus the missed game. To be fair he’s been getting tagged every week. Don’t think Dawson gets in there either although he has had a good year.

Rozee is a must in there somewhere, probably on the bench. Reckon there is a real good chance that Saad is getting in the back pocket, been good but the media has been all over him lately. Who goes in for Stewart I’m not exactly sure.
Re Maynard, it's partially a Collingwood thing, but I also think it's important to recognise a small defender who also plays lockdown roles, as opposed to just stacking the team with rebounders, and he's been good at that role this year.

Stewart, despite the drop off, is still the best of the back six IMO, and with Geelong finishing clear on top I'd be really surprised if they don't pick him.

Rozee and Saad are probably players 23 and 24 for me at the moment – super line-ball.

Re Maynard, it's partially a Collingwood thing, but I also think it's important to recognise a small defender who also plays lockdown roles, as opposed to just stacking the team with rebounders, and he's been good at that role this year.

Stewart, despite the drop off, is still the best of the back six IMO, and with Geelong finishing clear on top I'd be really surprised if they don't pick him.

Rozee and Saad are probably players 23 and 24 for me at the moment – super line-ball.

Maynard should be in, as should Hardwick. But there will be 2 tall defenders then a bunch of one way running HBF who rack up heaps of possessions.

Apparently J Cameron has done a hammy, anybody think it could affect his chances? Hawkins and Lynch could both kick bags in the last round and overtake him.

Think he's still a strong likelihood of making it.

Reckon there's 4 squad guarantees - Curnow, Cameron, Hawkins and Lynch with Curnow guaranteed to make the team.

Cameron very, very likely and Hawkins and Lynch battling it out for the final spot if they pick 3 talls (which they do more often than not and the talls have been more influential than the smalls this year IMO).

No other key forward can make the side IMO.

P.S (If Hawkins and Lynch were to both kick big bags (like 7-8+) then yes, I think Cameron would actually drop out - seems very unlikely though)

Maynard should be in, as should Hardwick. But there will be 2 tall defenders then a bunch of one way running HBF who rack up heaps of possessions.
I've got Hardwick in the squad, think he's had a brilliant season, but I think he'll just miss out on the final team. It'll be hard for them to justify picking two defenders from a team that's conceded the fourth most points, even if it's technically an individual award.

Heeney is an interesting player to categorise and as a result I think he's missing from these conversations.

He's 12th in the league for goals scored. He averages 4.5 tackles a game, which is more than anyone in the top 50 for goals scored. He averages 17 disposals a game, better than 47 players who have the most goals.

Surely thats a lock for a 'small forward' position, despite him being anything but small.

Middle of the year is the issue for Heeney, had a poor middle. However his front and back end is elite. Have him in the squad and a chance for the bench. Cameron and Petracca will be the forwards, Cameron has been better as the small forward so he's a certainty. Feel they pick a small on the bench, Heeney is a chance for that.

I've got Hardwick in the squad, think he's had a brilliant season, but I think he'll just miss out on the final team. It'll be hard for them to justify picking two defenders from a team that's conceded the fourth most points, even if it's technically an individual award.

I doubt Hardwick makes the real squad. Just doesn't have the profile or media attention.

Not statistically dominant and not in a top side = not selected in my view.

It's a shame that certain roles are so undervalued in this type of team (despite every team needing actual defensive shut down players).

Well done for recognising he, Maynard and others though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back