2022 All Aus Predictions and Rolling teams

Remove this Banner Ad

I kind of think Mays second half of the year has been a bit ordinary, but I don't know if I will be crucified for that. Two months ago I would have said he was a shoo in but I don't know, Barrass has been so solid lately.

I kind of think Mays second half of the year has been a bit ordinary, but I don't know if I will be crucified for that. Two months ago I would have said he was a shoo in but I don't know, Barrass has been so solid lately.
Won't shout you down for that, he certainly has dropped off a bit after the concussion. IMO Taylor is a lock for CHB, and it'll be a line ball between Barrass and May.

I am genuinely curious as to how many/if any agree with my AA backline
B: Stewart, Barrass, Docherty
HB: Sinclair, Sicily, Dawson

Can see the point in Stewart missing out due to too many games out*
Close, but needs another KPD (Taylor). Docherty has dropped off quite a bit – if I was picking a Blues HB, it'd be Saad.

I would drop Stewart for Taylor.
However, they aren't going to select a back 6 with everyone of them missing the top 8

Short I would assume
Just saw he’s paying $8 for Most West Coast votes on Brownlow night. Usually it’s a midfielder/umpires award, but can’t see many Eagles out-polling TB

Just saw he’s paying $8 for Most West Coast votes on Brownlow night. Usually it’s a midfielder/umpires award, but can’t see many Eagles out-polling TB

You are right, but I could see a situation where Tim Kelly polls strongly in a couple of games and Barrass barely gets any. I am not saying that Barrass doesn't deserve to of course, only that it is a midfielders award, Eagles aren't going to get that many votes, and Tim Kelly did play well in three or four matches.

This is plainly untrue.

The difference between the two players you mention and Cameron is that they had a better Contested mark, at least twice as good

In 2010 for example Riewoldt averaged 2.45 Cm per game, and Richo leads the record books on players that have had more than 4 cm per game with 57 games of at least 4 cm per game, Cameron this year average 1.1 contested mark

Both Riewoldt and Richo took many more CM than Cameron

At least double the amount, they were completely different players

Not saying Cameron should not make the team, but he is nothing like Nick and Richo who were KPF who could run, and take contested marks
Cameron is a great contested mark he just beats people in the turn around and gets opportunities to lead with the 6/6/6 rule.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he is better than Sicily
BAAHAHAHAHHA no, he's underrated asf but Sicily is our best defender, he's probably the best defender in the league full stop, he's a versatile defender who does smalls and talls, great intercept mark, great at reading it and killing it, he's a superb kick and racks it up.

Sicily is a lock for the AA. LOCK.

There’s no chance that Hardwick gets in. The team simply isn’t selected to actually play games. The wingers would have never played a game on a wing this entire year. The selectors simply put the best players in regardless of role. I guess their thoughts would be that if Tom Stewart wanted to play a lockdown role like Hardwick he would be just as good.

It's debatable but I tend to agree with them. I would rather have a better mid on the wing then a pure wingman if I was to actually choose a team. I would also rather have Petracca or Bont as a half forward then a pure half forward. It's not really a position based team rather then just the best overall players.
Stewart isn't as good defensively, not because he doesn't want to be, because he can't. There's a different level of smarts in defending leads and defending players, Hardwick use to be a forward so he understands the patterns well. Tho i agree, he won't make the side.

Really rate Jeka as a long term prospect been great at box hill for a while and liked the move down back for him
Definitely something worth continuing to experiment with, has the tools to be that no fuss big kpd who can do the grunt work
I still hope Jeka makes it as a CHF, his leading patterns, strong hands, great kicking and acceleration with his footy iq. It suits, he was often having games last year along the lines of 20 touches 10 marks and 3-5 goals in the VFL.

BAAHAHAHAHHA no, he's underrated asf but Sicily is our best defender, he's probably the best defender in the league full stop, he's a versatile defender who does smalls and talls, great intercept mark, great at reading it and killing it, he's a superb kick and racks it up.

Sicily is a lock for the AA. LOCK.
Over-rated who just boots the ball forward to the opposition.
How many tackles did he lay over the weekend? Plays for himself. Makes it more difficult for his teammates.

I wouldn't read too much into the betting odds that are being discussed in this thread. The market is pretty atrocious (see Laird and Angus Brayshaw at $1.15, McCluggage at $1.30, Dawson at $17, Barrass at $15).

Screenshot_20220816-201601_Moneyball.jpg Screenshot_20220816-201627_Moneyball.jpg Screenshot_20220816-201640_Moneyball.jpg Screenshot_20220816-201854_Moneyball.jpg

If you value ability to not lose 1-on-1 contests in your key backs, a few popular names shouldn’t be considered. Either because they are worse than AFL average in the contest, or don’t even have that many contests.

FaMYb5mVEAA32Bd.jpg

If you value ability to not lose 1-on-1 contests in your key backs, a few popular names shouldn’t be considered. Either because they are worse than AFL average in the contest, or don’t even have that many contests.

View attachment 1479786
Pretty hard to leave May out looking at that

Over-rated who just boots the ball forward to the opposition.
How many tackles did he lay over the weekend? Plays for himself. Makes it more difficult for his teammates.
Lmao, boots the ball forward straight to the oppo? he's a great kick, anyone who suggests otherwise doesn't understand football.

He layed 0, not excusing that, but no he doesn't play for himself, he's a great leader and is probably the next captain, he distributes the footy as everyone knows, racks it up and rebounds it constantly, but my god his defensive work goes under the radar, he often kills the ball or comes across and marks and helps the whole D50 out, one on one he is so good.

He's rated really highly offensively but his defensive game is quite underrated.

But again anyway, Dimma is good but not that good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back