Fantasy 2022 - ALPHA League - Discussion

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Depending on next pick, maybe. What are you seeking?
fe020dc0-c5fc-4ca7-8d81-419378f4f147_text.gif

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
FYI...every year it's the same...i asked everyone pre-keeper deadline to make sure you moved all your ineligible IR players off IR (ie all of them were), and cut your team to 34 eligible players. Hardly anyone did. This makes it impossible for to enter offline draft results as rosters are locked from any commish or owner roster moves until after the draft results have been entered and finalized opening the season to waivers. It's a catch-22....unable to enter draft results with ineligible IRers and unable to move IRers until after draft results are finalized.

So I had to move keeper deadline forward to today 2pm, un-removing all the non-keepers, rosters back to pre-keeper deadline, then I cut all your non-keepers, then I moved all IRers off IR to active. Even tho some now say OUT and eligible, and many new ones now say OUT due to the last week, they all weren't eligible when keeper deadline occurred. Also, NDG had six TEs kept, which is not permissible (1xIneligible IR, 5xActive), so I had to cut Tyree Jackson (IR).

Now keepers deadline has locked again. And so, when offline draft finishes soon, I'll be able to enter all your drafted players (pending any position limits exceeded), which you'll have to tell me who to cut in order to bring any unentered drafted players in.

When the draft results are entered, I'll not finalize it all until about 4 days prior to the regular season starting, so that waivers occurs.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Any complaints about the above....you're all commishes, so undo what I did, move keeper deadline forward a day, bring Tyree back and on IR, and move all your now IR eligible players to IR and rort the system, and you can enter the draft results into ESPN yourselves and run the draft spreadsheet next year yourselves.

Or...next year....port the league to Fleaflicker...where you can run the draft thru the site, no need for spreadsheets, drafted players come off player pool, you can have Taxi squad for rookies (6 say) and roster size of 34 then, and site isnt so restrictive locking commish out like above issues.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wizard are you still interested in this league or not?

Being online often and refusing to pick is odd, or suggestive.

Will give him three days tops to make his last two picks when everyone else has finished the draft.

Unfair on others to give him all of August info/knowledge to draft two players.

If no selections made in three days, picks will be classified as being "passed".

Agree/disagree? Alternate suggestions?

Wizard are you still interested in this league or not?

Being online often and refusing to pick is odd, or suggestive.

Will give him three days tops to make his last two picks when everyone else has finished the draft.

Unfair on others to give him all of August info/knowledge to draft two players.

If no selections made in three days, picks will be classified as being "passed".

Agree/disagree? Alternate suggestions?
Yeh, agreed. Once the draft is done has to be a cut off and then is waivers.

Ill PM him now first.
I’ve PMed him to check in, but once you miss a PM or tag, the thread or message no longer flags to him unless he checks via all unread threads.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’ve PMed him to check in, but once you miss a PM or tag, the thread or message no longer flags to him unless he checks via all unread threads.
Well, i dunno, if he logs on next time, he WILL see a notification for an unread PM by me. And PMs now show if people have read them or ignored them. Scroll to the bottom where it lists participants and it'll show you if hes read it or not.

Ive still sent him a PM. He goes online at least twice a day. So if he read yours and mine and still hasnt responded, then no point emailing him either as he can choose to ignore that as well

Ive seen him do this before, in cutthroat, ignoring tags to make his pick, not responding, after i had to autopick him once or twice, like he got mad about that and decided to just not bother anymore with it, and still refused to respond so i had to replace him during the draft.

So im thinking hes done the same here....upset we skipped him, decided to boycott it all, not worth responding to us, and we'll have to find a replacement.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lets wait and see on that, he is along standing player in this league so would hate to lose him. Need to give him every opportunity to let us know one way or another.
Wizard replied to my PM.

He's still in for Alpha, just "flat out" and no time for putting his mind into scouting etc. Says if we give him till Sunday night, he'll drum up his last two picks...i told him thats fine by me....and even made a joke about late rounders.

Wizard replied to my PM.

He's still in for Alpha, just "flat out" and no time for putting his mind into scouting etc. Says if we give him till Sunday night, he'll drum up his last two picks...i told him thats fine by me....and even made a joke about late rounders.
He should just trade them to you for a 6th next year or something

Back