State of Origin 2022 Ampol State of Origin

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues might have to select some blokes in position this year, Mitchell and Turbo won’t be on wings.

You’d assume Crighton is one of the centres if nothing else but they have the combination at Penrith in the side. The other centre is harder, I’d go Staggs but there’s other options like Talakai, Lomax, etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FT9jB06WIAIgDWj

Leaked squad was close but not quite.

New South WalesQueensland
1. James Tedesco (C) (Sydney Roosters)1. Kaylyn Ponga (Newcastle Knights)
2. Brian To'o (Penrith Panthers)2. Selwyn Cobbo (Brisbane Broncos)
3. Kotoni Staggs (Brisbane Broncos)3. Valentine Holmes (North Queensland Cowboys)
4. Jack Wighton (Canberra Raiders)4. Dane Gagai (Newcastle Knights)
5. Daniel Tupou (Sydney Roosters)5. Xavier Coates (Melbourne Storm)
6. Jerome Luai (Penrith Panthers)6. Cameron Munster (Melbourne Storm)
7. Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers)7. Daly Cherry-Evans (C) (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles)
8. Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos)8. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui (Gold Coast Titans)
9. Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs)9. Ben Hunt (St.George Illawarra Dragons)
10. Junior Paulo (Parramatta Eels)10. Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)
11. Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs)11. Kurt Capewell (Brisbane Broncos)
12. Tariq Sims (St.George Illawarra Dragons)12. Felise Kaufusi (Melbourne Storm)
13. Isaah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)13. Reuben Cotter (North Queensland Cowboys)
14. Stephen Crichton (Penrith Panthers)14. Harry Grant (Melbourne Storm)
15. Liam Martin (Penrith Panthers)15. Lindsay Collins (Sydney Roosters)
16. Reagan Campbell Gillard (Parramatta Eels)16. Patrick Carrigan (Brisbane Broncos)
17. Ryan Matterson (Parramatta Eels)17. Jeremiah Nanai (North Queensland Cowboys)
18. Nicholas Hynes (Cronulla Sharks)18. Tom Dearden (North Queensland Cowboys)
19. Tyson Frizell (Newcastle Knights)19. Jai Arrow (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
20. Jacob Saifiti (Newcastle Knights)20. Thomas Flegler (Brisbane Broncos)
21. Joseph Suaalii (Sydney Roosters)21. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (North Queensland Cowboys)
22. Apisai Koroisau (Penrith Panthers)22. Murray Taulagi (North Queensland Cowboys)

Reps by club

NSWQLDTotal
Brisbane Broncos246
Canberra Raiders112
Canterbury Bulldogs000
Cronulla Sharks101
Gold Coast Titans011
Manly Sea Eagles011
Melbourne Storm044
Newcastle Knights224
New Zealand Warriors000
North Queensland Cowboys066
Parramatta Eels303
Penrith Panthers707
South Sydney Rabbitohs213
St.George Illawarra Dragons112
Sydney Roosters314
Wests Tigers000

Its interesting for all the talk of Penrith dominating the teams they only have one more than the Cowboys and Broncos (and if you extend it to just starting and bench its still only one more than Brisbane 6-5, wheres as the Cowboys have 3 as reserves at the moment).

3 teams with absolutely no reps, do we know that the record for that would be?

Last edited:
I rarely think that Qlds team on paper looks better but in this instance just a stack of guys in their preferred position looks really nice on paper.

Cobbo and Coates can be exploited defensively but a good kicking option out of dummy half as well.

I think i like the Maroons.

Have to agree with that. But you never know. But I'm never quite convinced about Jack Wighton. Whatever you say about DCE, surely. he's twice the player Wighton is, isn't he?

Reps by club

NSWQLDTotal
Brisbane Broncos246
Canberra Raiders112
Canterbury Bulldogs000
Cronulla Sharks101
Gold Coast Titans011
Manly Sea Eagles011
Melbourne Storm044
Newcastle Knights244
New Zealand Warriors000
North Queensland Cowboys066
Parramatta Eels303
Penrith Panthers707
South Sydney Rabbitohs213
St.George Illawarra Dragons112
Sydney Roosters314
Wests Tigers000

Its interesting for all the talk of Penrith dominating the teams they only have one more than the Cowboys and Broncos (and if you extend it to just starting and bench its still only one more than Brisbane 6-5, wheres as the Cowboys have 3 as reserves at the moment).

3 teams with absolutely no reps, do we know that the record for that would be?
Newcastle's totals are wrong for QLD, should only be 2 players, not 4.

Have to agree with that. But you never know. But I'm never quite convinced about Jack Wighton. Whatever you say about DCE, surely. he's twice the player Wighton is, isn't he?
DCE is such a maligned figure but in reality even his bad is still pretty solid, plus he is a great leader (worth noting hes 7th on the Dally M leaderboard too), he compliments Munsters run game as well. Hes not Nathan Cleary but for a position that QLD has such a lack of players in hes a pretty good option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back