2022 and the State of the Rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

The cats just seem to read the ball better in those conditions. Looks liked the sun was either effecting our target selection or the marking contest - not in our favour.

I think our defence was great, but yeah generally I think the cats angle of interception helped them keep the sun out and steal our drives forward.

Goldy, Cunners, Hall, Ziebell, Taz. Their play could/should drop off dramatically in the next 1-2 years. Sometimes that drop is gradual. Other times the bottom drops out. We need to replace these guys. Rebuild is far from over.

I wonder if Harry McKay might've cast his mind forward 2 years to free agency while watching that demolition take place.
He had his chance. He tried to snap the ball around the corner from 50 out, remember that? That made me sick! My prediction is Comben takes off and the Larkey/Comben/Zurhaar show is a decade of key forward dominance.

Your rebuild reminds me a lot of ours when Clarko took over in 2004, which is why I've taken a keen interest. In his 3rd full season we made finals, in his 4th we exceeded even our wildest expectations by winning the premiership. If I'm completely honest this team under Noble has all those hallmarks, and your improvement over just 6 months has been genuinely impressive.

I'm sure you're all familiar with the ladder at the end of Round 11:
View attachment 1192733

What some of you might not know is that if the 2021 season had started at R12, assuming my maths is right, at the end of the last round the Roos sit at 9th on the ladder with a very respectable percentage (!):
View attachment 1192734

You went down to the in-form team in the comp yesterday by less than 2 straight kicks. I would put money on you playing finals in 2023.

The rebuild looks great so far but we need to keep on going .
Just as important as nailing our early picks is bringing in top shelf strength conditioning/fitness staff.
In saying that it’s been a long time since I’ve really enjoyed watching our team play like they have been this season losses and all 😊👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back