Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
It’s a shame that a lot of Victorians did see some of the greats who didn’t play VFL.

Looking at the vintage, it’s not just Victorians, it’s anyone born around colour television etc.

There is a huge bias to players of the same vintage and league as the inaugural selectors. Perhaps the balance is being re set marginally now

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Why don’t the AFL just catch up, Bill Dempsey should of been inducted 20 years ago. Pavlich does not need to be inducted for another 20 years. As great an honour as it is I think it means more when the players are 55-60 years of age where their grown children can share the night with them. Why are we inducting them so quickly?
Pavlich was just an example by the way, please don’t think I am knocking him.

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why don’t the AFL just catch up, Bill Dempsey should of been inducted 20 years ago. Pavlich does not need to be inducted for another 20 years. As great an honour as it is I think it means more when the players are 55-60 years of age where their grown children can share the night with them. Why are we inducting them so quickly?

This page was put together a few years ago and even then there were many worthy of induction

Apr 12, 2011
Yarraville
AFL Club
Sydney

110% agree, i believe that you have to let the players pre 1990 get in first, no matter what league they played in.

I was shocked about Winmar (like Trevor Barker a couple of years ago) I assumed that he was already in the HOF

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
110% agree, i believe that you have to let the players pre 1990 get in first, no matter what league they played in.

I was shocked about Winmar (like Trevor Barker a couple of years ago) I assumed that he was already in the HOF
Modra isn’t in either it’s insane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back