2022 Bangladesh Tour of South Africa (3 ODIs, 2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

When you're bowled out for 53 you have no right to complain about the umpiring lol.

The umpires should counter by saying Bangladesh are a fraudulent test team.

When you're bowled out for 53 you have no right to complain about the umpiring lol.

The umpires should counter by saying Bangladesh are a fraudulent test team.
''Bangladesh made lbw appeals on multiple occasions during South Africa's second innings, especially in the first two sessions on Sunday. They opted for a review when Dean Elgar was given not out on the field by umpire Marais Erasmus in the fifth over after being hit on his back leg. But he survived on umpire's call as ball-tracking showed that the ball was only clipping off stump.''

I mean, Bangladesh aren't the only team to suffer that particular bit of misfortune.

''In the 26th over, Khaled Ahmed was denied an lbw decision against Keegan Petersen. Bangladesh didn't take that review but replays showed that it would have hit the stumps and would have been out had the review been taken.''

How a team uses DRS is an important part of modern cricket. Just look at Tim Paine at Headingley. Hopefully for Bangladesh's sake they improve in this area.

Bangladesh want a return to neutral umpires and I can sympathise with that view. In this case though, Bangladesh have more pressing concerns than the performance of two South African umpires.

South Africa will be happy with their sledging as its clearly having the desired effect. They've been very good at it for a long time.

Bangladesh have a history of blaming external factors for their performances so this just continues that trend.

Per statistician Andrew Sampson: Bangladesh's 2nd innings total of 53 is the lowest ever score at Kingsmead. This is also the first time South Africa have bowled a team out using just two bowlers.

South Africa will be happy with their sledging as its clearly having the desired effect. They've been very good at it for a long time.

Bangladesh have a history of blaming external factors for their performances so this just continues that trend.

If it’s as concentrated and deliberate as what is being reported I think it’s s**t form from Elgar and his team. Needless

What? Another test playing country sledge their opponents apparently?

Well I'm shocked. According to those in the know, it's only the Australian test team that sledge ? :):)

Elgar used the old ‘they did it to us’ to explain SA’s sledging issue in the first test. You’re grown men do you really need to do it and more to the point do you really need that schoolyard logic to explain it?

Why is Bangladesh's best player on the bench for past two tests?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i really love the loop taijul gets, not many off spinners get that much revs from my eye

Got some breaking news that will not come as a massive shock: Temba Bavuma failed to turn a half century into a century. South Africa have been bowled out for 453 with nobody getting a century.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back