2022 Bathurst 1000

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to mention that Feeney is 349 points and 2 positions ahead of Kostecki in the championship...
In the best equipment. There’s no doubt BK would do way better then Feeney atm, but it’s not comparing apples to apples with their experience levels.

In the best equipment. There’s no doubt BK would do way better then Feeney atm, but it’s not comparing apples to apples with their experience levels.
ACK on the equipment.

That said, I'm not so sure Kostecki being ahead of Feeney would be a given, even now - let alone when Feeney gets some more experience under his belt.

After the early fireworks that was one of the more boring races. Could tell who was going to win early on and who was going to be essentially top 2-3 throughout as well.

Goddard is an absolute pelican though. Utterly stupid bit of driving. Can't believe it's essentially a $5k fine. Should be far greater consequences.

After the early fireworks that was one of the more boring races. Could tell who was going to win early on and who was going to be essentially top 2-3 throughout as well.

Goddard is an absolute pelican though. Utterly stupid bit of driving. Can't believe it's essentially a $5k fine. Should be far greater consequences.
Agreed - why on earth would the stewards suspend half the fine? That makes no sense.

Goddard should never be allowed to drive a Supercar again.

Agreed - why on earth would the stewards suspend half the fine? That makes no sense.

Goddard should never be allowed to drive a Supercar again.
I'm very much in this camp as well. One of the most bone headed things I've seen done in a car.

The damage alone for the other teams is so far beyond the fine it's not funny.

ACK on the equipment.

That said, I'm not so sure Kostecki being ahead of Feeney would be a given, even now - let alone when Feeney gets some more experience under his belt.
It’s hard to know without other drivers being in top equipment. I thought ADP would be better, atleast consistency wise, at DJR but I just don’t think he’s that good, WD showing him up for most of the year.

Some drivers just come along and are quicker than most others, Whincup, SM and now SVG as recent ones.

Also still waiting to hear D'Alberto's penalty, for putting that pit manoeuvre on Winterbottom's car, while continuing at high speed under yellow flags.
How about Whincup turning Perkins?

Apparently SVG got out of an interview with Karl Stefanovic by throwing up. Smart move

Completely different.

The cars came out of Hell Corner 3-wide. Whincup hit the standing water on the right hand side of the track, which is what caused him to lose control and start fish-tailing, which in turn caused him to hit Perkins. It was rightly adjudicated to be a racing incident.

D'Alberto kept going at full race speed, through double yellow flags. As a result of his decision to drive dangerously, he hit and spun the Winterbottom car. This wasn't a racing incident - it was the result of dangerous driving under yellow flags.

lol D'Alberto ain't getting penalized for that. Give it up
Every other driver, in any other race, who turns another car by doing a pit manoeuvre, has copped a 15 second penalty for "causing an accident". Doing it under yellow flags only makes it worse.

They get away with turning cars if they're overtaking, and far enough up alongside... but you're not allowed to overtake under yellow flags, so D'Alberto can't even use this as an excuse.

That wasn't even Whincup that started that I don't think. I know he lost control but they'd already squeezed Brown's car prior. D'Alberto having 2 on the grass certainly didn't help.

I actually don't think anyone's to blame for that incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perkins got nudged from the left at the same time as Whincup got squirrely.

You can scream it as much as you like, that collision was not any single drivers fault.

Sorry, just going by Perkins recollection.

Perkins was surrounded by 4 cars, not sure how you'd expect him to know exactly how it all happened in those quick seconds.
From what he said.

“Started 10th. Got a tap in the back from the 🐐 lap 1, spun around, bent some steering”

Don't think they did, only car penalized for 15 seconds on the day was Jake Kostecki I thought
Where has this been announced?

During the race they said that it would be looked at by the stewards after the race. I haven't heard any post-race penalties announced, other than Goddard's fine.
* i thought i read it somewhere :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back