Prediction 2022 Best 22 Teams and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

He had a ripping preseason and his form has been average (which is fine since he's still relatively young). He has all the skill in the world but to reach that next level, I think he needs a little fatherly love from sonny and our other indigenous boys.
You're well off the mark here mate.

There's zero evidence for you statement that he acted better than what he was upon his arrival at the club.

I don’t think the word denigrate is right, all they were saying is that Henry needs to extract the digit.

That’s a rev up, not a put down.
Yes I re-read the comment and apologise to wakojako for my terse response. I don't agree with the comment, but denigrate is harsh.

You're well off the mark here mate.

There's zero evidence for you statement that he acted better than what he was upon his arrival at the club.
Hey I could be wrong, I'm just a fan commenting from the outside. I love Henry and I can't wait to see what he produces this year.

My best 22 pre trade period and draft

Ryan Hamling. Chapman

Young Pearce. Cox

walker. Brayshaw switkowski

federick lobb. Tucker

Shultz. Tabener. Walters

Darcy
Fyfe
Serong

aish,Mundy,colyer,henry

unlucky: logue,treacy,Hughes,sturt,wilson,banfield,acres

strong youthful back six with Chapman and young who are future guns

speed through the middle with switkowski and Walker and tough nuts serong,fyfe,brayshaw

the forward mix is probably the toughest to choose. Could easily throw in treacy,sturt,banfield or even acres. Tucker is my wild card he can kick a good set shot. Sturt could easily take his spot but atm with injuries he might need to prove himself through wafl first. With treacy,lobb,tabener I think we are too tall

B: Ryan Pearce Chapman
CB: Walker Cox Young
M: Aish Fyfe Brayshaw
HF: Sturt Treacy Walters
F: Shultz Tabs Lobb
R: Darcy Brayshaw Serong
B: Logue Mundy Switta Freddy
E:Hamling Banfield Colyer Henry

B: Ryan Pearce Chapman
CB: Walker Cox Young
M: Aish Fyfe Brayshaw
HF: Sturt Treacy Walters
F: Shultz Tabs Lobb
R: Darcy Brayshaw Serong
B: Logue Mundy Switta Freddy
E:Hamling Banfield Colyer Henry
Brayshaw doing well to play wing and inside midfield at the same time

What’re we thinking happens with Tucker. Feel like he needs to play in the centre square (otherwise trade him) - he’s a reasonable replacement for Cerra. Can also rotate on the wing.

FB: Ryan Pearce Logue

HB: Young Cox Chapman

C: Aish Brayshaw Walker

HF: Sturt Lobb Treacy

FF: Shultz Taberner Walters

R: Darcy Fyfe Serong

Bench: O'Driscoll, Mundy, Colyer, Henry

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’re we thinking happens with Tucker. Feel like he needs to play in the centre square (otherwise trade him) - he’s a reasonable replacement for Cerra. Can also rotate on the wing.

He's not worth much in a trade so we have to keep him but he seriously needs to improve. Is too good for WAFL but this year wasn't good enough for AFL. Make or break season for him in 2022 me thinks.

FB: Ryan, Cox, Logue
HB: Walker, Pearce, Young
C: Frederick, Serong, Clark
HF: Switkowski, Taberner, Walters
FF: Schulz, Lobb, Treacy
R: Darcy, Fyfe, Brayshaw
Bench: Mundy, Aish, Sturt, Chapman

Colyer should be phased out next year if injuries allow us, depth only
Sturt and Switkowski need to stay fit but otherwise Colyer/Henry/Western take one of their spots
If we lose a Key then Hamling comes in
If Logue or Ryan go down then Hughes is likely first in line
Wilson is backup for Young/Walker dependant on their form and if Wilson is terrible at Peel then Clark has the ability to move back.
Taberner, Lobb and Treacy will be backed up by pick 6 or 8, whichever one is the tall. We must play 3 talls, really need Lobb as second ruck.
Meek the clear backup for Darcy and should only play if Darcy is missing.
Freddy and Clark are my first choice wingers, Aish and Chapman can roll through there of both roll through defense.
Tucker is the interesting one, don't really have a spot for him but if he is in the team it is as a mid IMO, so probably first in line as a mid over Blakely.

Henry just needs more time to adjust. Still far too timid and his tank is a fair way off from where it needs to be.

Ideally this developing time is at WAFL, but if we don't have anyone better then he gets games at AFL by default.
Unfortunately for Henry, the gulf between AFL and WAFL is insane. The speed he can read the play and how the game unfolds at WAFL level is elite. Just needs more time to get that to AFL level. I think he's on of those players that will have "a moment" that makes him, and the entire fanbase go "he's arrived"

FB: Ryan, Pearce, Logue
HB: Walker, Cox, Young
C: Tucker, Fyfe, Clark
HF: Walters, Taberner, Switwoski
FF: Schultz, Hamling, Treacy
R: Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw
I: Mundy, Aish, Sturt, Frederick

Don't mind it although Walters is cooked & Henry will have had another pre-season.

Don't mind it although Walters is cooked & Henry will have had another pre-season.
I think Walters will be on a mission to return to a solid preseason this year and look far better in 2022
Given you've left Acres out, is anyone going to help Darcy in the ruck?
Brennan Cox would move into the ruck, Darcy plays 95%+ game on the field by shifting forward, Hamling covers the tall in defense.

It would need to be really well coordinated but Hamling is smart enough to keep an eye on Darcy and if he is moving forward then he runs to defense to cover Brennan.

Assuming we don't pick up Mason Cox or Darcy Cameron.

This scenario has Lobb compensation getting us Williams who comes in for Tabs/Treacy/JVR whenever required.

Ryan Logue Cox
Young Pearce Walker
Clark Mundy Aish
Sturt JVR Erasmus
Treacy Tabs Rachele

Darcy Fyfe Brayshaw

Serong Henry Chapman Tucker.

This scenario has Lobb compensation upgrading 6 to 2 and downgrading 8 to 13.

Ryan Logue Cox
Young Pearce Walker
Clark Mundy NWM
Serong Treacy Henry
Williams Tabs Sturt

Darcy Fyfe Callaghan

Brayshaw Chapman Tucker Aish

FB: Ryan, Pearce, Logue
HB: Walker, Cox, Young
C: Tucker, Fyfe, Clark
HF: Walters, Taberner, Switwoski
FF: Schultz, Hamling, Treacy
R: Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw
I: Mundy, Aish, Sturt, Frederick
Like your thinking. Hamling played forward in his draft year.
1 change- Swap Chapman in for Logue.

Last edited:
ryan pearce logue
young hamling wilson
tucker fyfe frederick
walters tabs shultz
switkowski cox treacy

darcy brayshaw mundy
serong aish sturt 4th spot is either walker or chapman.

ps if you hadn't noticed the 19th man is valente

Ryan Hamling Cox
Walker Pearce Young
Clark Fyfe. Frederick
Walters Logue Switkowski
Henry Taberner Schultz
Darcy Brayshaw Serong
Aish Mundey Chapman Treacy
ME Colyer

Lucky: Walters Henry Schultz Logue
Unlucky: No one

I think Walters will be on a mission to return to a solid preseason this year and look far better in 2022

Brennan Cox would move into the ruck, Darcy plays 95%+ game on the field by shifting forward, Hamling covers the tall in defense.

If this is the team you are going to go with then Cox would basically have to play Forward/Ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back