AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS
Tucker —> Fyfe
Meek —> Darcy
Aish —> Young
Treacy —> Taberner

One small forward —> Treacy / Amiss / Sturt….

Tough final decision.

Also was tough leaving Chapman out.

Ryan Pearce Logue
Walker Cox Clark
O’Driscoll Fyfe Acres
Walters Taberner Switta
Schultz Lobb Frederick
Darcy Serong Brayshaw

Mundy Young Brodie Colyer

One of Colyer / Walters / Switta / Schultz / Frederick should be left out for ….

Treacy / Amiss / Sturt

If not the small forwards … Mundy / Brodie or Fyfe 😬

Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tucker —> Fyfe
Meek —> Darcy
Aish —> Young
Treacy —> Taberner

One small forward —> Treacy / Amiss / Sturt….

Tough final decision.

Also was tough leaving Chapman out.

Ryan Pearce Logue
Walker Cox Clark
O’Driscoll Fyfe Acres
Walters Taberner Switta
Schultz Lobb Frederick
Darcy Serong Brayshaw

Mundy Young Brodie Colyer

One of Colyer / Walters / Switta / Schultz / Frederick should be left out for ….

Treacy / Amiss / Sturt

If not the small forwards … Mundy / Brodie or Fyfe 😬
It’s bloody tough isn’t it. Both young and Chapman are ahead of Noddy IMO, but neither is a winger (yet)
The Chapman vs Logue argument will continue and it may be a horses for courses decision based on the oppositions forwards.

Maybe I’m too high on Chapman but I’d play him ahead of anyone not strictly a KPD. There is no scenario he’s not in my 22
I’m playing him ahead of Clark and Walker for sure

Docker79

All Australian
Jan 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
For those with questions about Fyfe and his acceptance of playing other positions asides inside mid for when he returns (believe i saw a bit of this in the Will Brodie thread)...

gungho

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Starting to get damn hard to do this.....

Ryan Pearce Chapman
Clark Cox Young
Noddy Brodie Acres
Fyfe Lobb Shultz
Switta Tabs Walters

Darcy Serong Brayshaw

Interchange Freddy, Mundy, Colyer, Aish.

• Logue is desperately unlucky but couldn't find a place for him.
  • Fyfe rotating from half forward flank to on the ball
  • Noddy, Chapman, Colyer and Acres were probably not in this team to begin 2022 but are in now.

Last edited:

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maybe I’m too high on Chapman but I’d play him ahead of anyone not strictly a KPD. There is no scenario he’s not in my 22

We have been big on him for a while. He would be in my first eight to ten picked. His current level plus the need to continue his development means he should always have a spot in the team. Gun!

Wray27

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
If we were playing a grand final:

FB: Ryan Pearce Logue
HB: Young Cox Chapman
C: Fyfe Mundy Brayshaw
HF: Schultz Lobb Switkowski
FF: Walters Taberner Frederick

R: Darcy Brodie Serong

I: Clark Acres Aish Colyer

S: Erasmus

E: Walker O'Driscoll Tucker Treacy Meek
Walkers is a must. 7 wins when he’s been in the starting 22

Logue forward seems to fix several problems all at once.

Ryan Pearce Young
Clark Cox Chapman
Noddy Fyfe Acres
Freddy Lobb Walters
Switta Tabs Logue

Darcy Brayshaw Serong

Brodie Mundy Walker Schultz

Feels like the last remaining hard decision on clear best 22 is whether you replace Noddy and Acres with Aish.

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
Cockburn W.A
AFL Club
Fremantle
Logue forward seems to fix several problems all at once.

Ryan Pearce Young
Clark Cox Chapman
Noddy Fyfe Acres
Freddy Lobb Walters
Switta Tabs Logue

Darcy Brayshaw Serong

Brodie Mundy Walker Schultz

Feels like the last remaining hard decision on clear best 22 is whether you replace Noddy and Acres with Aish.

For me, that’s our best 23 in those positions too.
For another season we are going to have to disappoint one player while Dave is still playing.
Then we have the youngsters from our last draft banking up for opportunities .

gungho

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ryan Pearce Walker
Young Cox Clark
Aish Brodie Acres
Switta Lobb Fyfe
Shultz Tabs Walters

Darcy Serong Brayshaw

Int: Logue, Mundy, Freddy, Chapman.

It's a very even team when you consider that the bottom six players are Aish, Acres, Logue, Freddy, Walker and Walters. All players that can be pretty good on their day.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Ryan Pearce Walker
Young Cox Clark
Aish Brodie Acres
Switta Lobb Fyfe
Shultz Tabs Walters

Darcy Serong Brayshaw

Int: Logue, Mundy, Freddy, Chapman.

It's a very even team when you consider that the bottom six players are Aish, Acres, Logue, Freddy, Walker and Walters. All players that can be pretty good on their day.
I like it but it has a couple of things I think can be exploited or become negatives.

• Two defenders on the bench
  • Fyfe as a forward has not really worked
  • Lobb and Taberner are an unreliable combination
    - four of the starting forwards are injury prone
  • your bottom six is dominated by running players which is the strategy which has provided our best football. And a few of them lack certainty about their roles.

Boppo

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sth Freo
I like it but it has a couple of things I think can be exploited or become negatives.

• your bottom six is dominated by running players which is the strategy which has provided our best football. And a few of them lack certainty about their roles.
I’d bring Erasmus in for Switta.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle

You should back in Fyfe to turn his forward craft around. Not only has he got the credentials, he was drafted as a CHF type player from memory. I'm all for playing him in the centre but he will need to rotate forward as well, something the best mids do.

Eski3

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2007
East Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo
People are getting super carried away with Logue forward narratives...we have little data to support the hype...feel this is something that can and probably will go bad real quick.

For a bloke that didn't hit the scoreboard he played his role perfectly. He showed he is capable, and may even be suited to, playing a role we desperately need and I actually think he has room for improvement up there. Some will see downside but I honestly see so much upside. If he's willing to play as a swingman he can actually cement a spot in the 22

gungho

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle

Regardless of personnel, I believe the forward line needs to have this combination:
2 tall targets.
1 Medium tall.
3 goal kicking smalls with elite pressure.
At this stage I believe Fyfe is the best option of the medium tall (Although Logue made a pretty good case on the weekend).

Wray27

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
You should back in Fyfe to turn his forward craft around. Not only has he got the credentials, he was drafted as a CHF type player from memory. I'm all for playing him in the centre but he will need to rotate forward as well, something the best mids do.
Yep he was a CPF in colts at Claremont and kicked 15 goals in 4 games for Peel league before debuting for Freo.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
People are getting super carried away with Logue forward narratives...we have little data to support the hype...feel this is something that can and probably will go bad real quick.
For me the excitement is more about the decision to adjust the strategy to defeat an opponent. Logue was useful in achieving that, but there were other things too.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Fair enough. Adjustments need to be made to get the best out our players.

I thought he was more playing on a forward flank than chf, and that's where I'd use him now.

Back