Prediction 2022 Best 22 - Where will we be in three years?

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I predict 1 of our key forwards to exit our list in the near future hence we should be shopping around for a suitable replacement.
You seem to have some good mail ML, care to elaborate? How about give us a clue, over 200cm or under, left footer or right, is his name Hipwood or McStay?

Jun 27, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The thing I miss about Rayner this year is the lack of midfield he plays. Whether it’s because of fitness or because he can’t break into it because our depth is a lot stronger and he’s still a dangerous forward, his disposal is often dangerous and he did a lot of good things when further up the ground.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
You seem to have some good mail ML, care to elaborate? How about give us a clue, over 200cm or under, left footer or right, is his name Hipwood or McStay?

Don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to piece together that Mighty Lions is almost certainly connected to Hipwood. Basic deduction and the search function paints that picture. Family vibe.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Wasn’t there talk a little while back about 1 of our forwards possibly heading to Port or Adelaide in return for one of their quality players.

A cab driver who knows Ken Hinkley or something? (can’t remember the exact details)

Who posted this info?

Sounds like a trouble making cabbie to me

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Hipwood would be a monumental loss. Really hope he's not looking to move elsewhere, particularly as the team is just coming good.
The only way I could see Hippy (OOC 2020) or any one of our elite young players moving is if some club made him a massive Tom Boyd/Lance Franklin $$$ and length of contract type offer, which I would see as unlikely but within the realms of possibility. eg. 6-7 years 8-9 million dollar contract heavily front loaded.

I could not see our club matching that sort of offer when the likes of McCluggage, Andrews, Neale, Cameron, Gardiner and Berry would be entitled to ask why they are not being given a similar deal.

The only way I could see Hippy (OOC 2020) or any one of our elite young players moving is if some club made him a massive Tom Boyd/Lance Franklin $$$ and length of contract type offer, which I would see as unlikely but within the realms of possibility. eg. 6-7 years 8-9 million dollar contract heavily front loaded.

I could not see our club matching that sort of offer when the likes of McCluggage, Andrews, Neale, Cameron, Gardiner and Berry would be entitled to ask why they are not being given a similar deal.

I guess it could happen that someone offers him a godfather contract. Would be such a big blow though as we're seemingly entering our window. Very hard to replace a player like Hippy. Gotten so used to our young guns re-signing early forgot what it was like to have to worry about them being poached. Doesn't feel good.

McStay leaving makes more sense to me than Hipwood leaving based off that posters posting history.

A QLD local that has openly expressed his desire to be a one club player on multiple occasions doesn't seem like the kind to leave to me.

Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to piece together that Mighty Lions is almost certainly connected to Hipwood. Basic deduction and the search function paints that picture. Family vibe.
Hey TheBrownDog, you are definately far from a Sherlock Holmers nor a Mr Watson for that matter. I can confirm I do not have a connection with any of the players, however I can also confirm I do have a club connection but that's my business and not anyone else's including yours.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
B, Madden Payne Gardiner
HB, Witherden Andrews Allison
c, McClugg Neale Berry
hf, T.Berry Hipwood Wooller
F, Coleman Ballenden Cameron
R, BigO Lyons Bailey

i.c E.Smith, Rich, Zorks Martyn

Emg A.Smith McCarthy Answerth Fullarton

No doubt another big signing or 2 to slot in there somewhere.
Going to hard to get a gig.
Got a gut feeling Adams will retire early n McStay n Rayner will be elsewhere.

_Gin

Team Captain
Jun 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hey TheBrownDog, you are definately far from a Sherlock Holmers nor a Mr Watson for that matter. I can confirm I do not have a connection with any of the players, however I can also confirm I do have a club connection but that's my business and not anyone else's including yours.
That's exactly what you would expect someone connected to Hipwood would say if they've just been outed.

Browndog theory confirmed.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
I guess it could happen that someone offers him a godfather contract. Would be such a big blow though as we're seemingly entering our window. Very hard to replace a player like Hippy. Gotten so used to our young guns re-signing early forgot what it was like to have to worry about them being poached. Doesn't feel good.
Could possibly get Schache back cheap if he’s matured and wanted an AFL career that he’d move again particularly if it’s the difference between playing AFL footy or not.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Could possibly get Schache back cheap if he’s matured and wanted an AFL career that he’d move again particularly if it’s the difference between playing AFL footy or not.
As much chance of Schache coming back to us as Leppa being the coach after Chris Fagan.

Back