FB: Dean - Roughead - Howe
HB: Maynard - Moore - Crisp
C: Pendlebury - Adams - J.Daicos
HF: Elliott - Cameron - Sidebottom
FF: Kreuger - Mihocek - Henry
FOLL: Grundy - Lipinski - De Goey
INT: - Quaynor - Ginnivan - Macrae - Poulter
SUB: WHE

I don’t think they’ll play N.Daicos from round 1. They’ll try to turn down the hype.

We have to play Roughead, Moore and Dean together imo. Dean needs experience as a KPD to transition into full time KPD in 2023.

Maynard / Crisp to have a run or two through the midfield and IQ covers for them in the backline.

Poulter covers for Daicos or Pendlebury when they run into the Center square.

I like Ginni’ goal kicking ability. FWIW, I think Cameron won’t last long in the team.

WHE perfect sub. Can play anywhere and a young kid is not wasting their development sitting on the bench.

Doing this made me realise that we could push for the 8 if all our players stay fit. Missing from best 22: McCreey, Daicos, Noble, Madgen, Draper, Cox, Ruscoe, Brown Brothers, Johnson & W. Kelly.

I have a good - weird feeling.

I don’t think they’ll play N.Daicos from round 1. They’ll try to turn down the hype.

We have to play Roughead, Moore and Dean together imo. Dean needs experience as a KPD to transition into full time KPD in 2023.

Maynard / Crisp to have a run or two through the midfield and IQ covers for them in the backline.

I like Ginni’ goal kicking ability. FWIW, I think Cameron won’t last long in the team.

WHE perfect sub. Can play anywhere and a young kid is not wasting their development sitting on the bench.

Doing this made me realise that we could push for the 8 if all our players stay fit. Missing from best 22: McCreey, Daicos, Noble, Madgen, Draper, Cox, Ruscoe, Brown Brothers, Johnson & W. Kelly.

I would be incredibly surprised if Ginnivan plays ahead of Nick Daicos

Not the point I was getting at. Nick is more versatile and has much, much higher potential. Ginni doesn't seem suited to much besides forward pocket
Yeah, he is a forward. Maybe in the future with more muscle and fitness he can rotate through the midfield. But Nick will be playing at half back

Nick Daicos: No, he plays round one. Build the hype. If he doesn't, it'll be a round two debut. But Daicos is a January baby so he's ready. Born four days earlier and he'd already would have debuted.

Dean: Yes. Dean plays. Fox Footy is saying he's a strong chance to debut.

Maynard/Crisp/IQ: Will ALL push through the midfield. Don't like Bruzzy's chances of becoming a full-time midfielder - we have too many already.

Poulter: Wouldn't say he's an automatic in.

Ginny should play at times. Get a gig as sub for sure.

Cameron is interesting. Can be dangerous but his best position is HF. Competing with Cox if we play two rucks, Begg isn't ready yet.

WHE: Should play round one unsubbed. Poulter better as the sub.

Agree with McCreery, already mentioned Daicos III, Noble is depth, Madgen is Mariana Trench-level depth, Draper won't debut until second half, Cox is the backup ruckman, Ruscoe plays in my books, Super Brown Bros. may get some games. Expecting them to be pro emergencies, Johnson isn't fit enough and Kelly needs to stay fit and pick a position.

Nick Daicos: No, he plays round one. Build the hype. If he doesn't, it'll be a round two debut. But Daicos is a January baby so he's ready. Born four days earlier and he'd already would have debuted.

Dean: Yes. Dean plays. Fox Footy is saying he's a strong chance to debut.

Maynard/Crisp/IQ: Will ALL push through the midfield. Don't like Bruzzy's chances of becoming a full-time midfielder - we have too many already.

Poulter: Wouldn't say he's an automatic in.

Ginny should play at times. Get a gig as sub for sure.

Cameron is interesting. Can be dangerous but his best position is HF. Competing with Cox if we play two rucks, Begg isn't ready yet.

WHE: Should play round one unsubbed. Poulter better as the sub.

Agree with McCreery, already mentioned Daicos III, Noble is depth, Madgen is Mariana Trench-level depth, Draper won't debut until second half, Cox is the backup ruckman, Ruscoe plays in my books, Super Brown Bros. may get some games. Expecting them to be pro emergencies, Johnson isn't fit enough and Kelly needs to stay fit and pick a position.

I don’t see the point in rushing N.Daicos. Barely played any footy over the last 2 years. Debut him half way through the season.

Don’t want to have the young kids playing games as the sub. They either play half a game or miss out playing the whole weekend which will impact their development. I rather WHE start as the sub. If he plays, he can play anywhere except KPP & ruck.

Poulter (personal fav) probably touch and go, but Defs not the sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t see the point in rushing N.Daicos. Barely played any footy over the last 2 years. Debut him half way through the season.

Don’t want to have the young kids playing games as the sub. They either play half a game or miss out playing the whole weekend which will impact their development. I rather WHE start as the sub. If he plays, he can play anywhere except KPP & ruck.

Poulter (personal fav) probably touch and go, but Defs not the sub.
But he's ready Nick Daicos. I can see what you mean about not much footy but there's enough and he's got the skill. Think of it like a player who was injured but didn't play much. If they were good enough, we'd play them round one.

Don’t think that starting forward line is lacking pressure? Getting the ball and keeping it there is our focus, I realise ginni is on the bench but not sold with the balance. Our forward structure is tough to figure out. I’m not sold we can play all of Cameron, checkers, kreuger, Elliot and Henry together. Mcreery was elite in pressure category, struggled after his injury but def performed early in this category. Even if he only plays majority in a defensive role on the likes of rebounding defenders it’s a handy inclusion

Last edited:
Don’t think that starting forward line is lacking pressure? Getting the ball and keeping it there is our focus, I realise ginni is on the bench but not sold with the balance. Our forward structure is tough to figure out. I’m not sold we can play all of Cameron, checkers, kreuger, Elliot and Henry together. Mcreery was elite in pressure category, struggled after his injury but def performed early in this category. Even if he only plays majority in a defensive role on the likes of rebounding defenders it’s a handy inclusion

I agree in relation to the pressure. Hence why I think Cameron’ spot in the team is shaky.

McCreey is great for forward pressure but lacks goal kicking ability. I prefer natural goal kickers over tackle pressure. If we get the ball in there enough times with natural goal kickers, I think we could kick 11-13 goals a game.

AFL
B: B.Maynard, J.Roughead, J.Howe
HB: N.Daicos, D.Moore, I.Quaynor
C: S.Pendlebury, J.Crisp, J.Daicos
HF: S.Sidebottom, B.Mihochek, J.Ginnivan
F: O.Henry, N.Kreuger, J.Elliott
R: B.Grundy, T.Adams, J.DeGoey
I: T.Bianco, P.Lipinski, F.Macrae, D.Cameron

VFL
B: J.Madgen, C.Dean, T.Ruscoe
HB: I.Chugg, K.Keane, J.Noble
C: T.Wilson, C.Murley, C.Poulter
HF: B.McReery, L.McMahon, W.Hoksin-Elliott
F: A.Johnson, W.Kelly, A.Draper
R: M.Cox, T.Brown, C.Brown
I: A.Begg, H.Harrison, N.Murphy,

They would almost deliberately make that happen, funny how we played dogs first round after treloar trade… not looking forward to the attention on this tbh. It’s going to be focussed on by both clubs supporters.
Yeah, they do it for the drama.

But i've heard rumours its an interstate away game. Port in Adelaide is the latest rumour.

Maynard Roughead Howe

Quaynor Moore N. Daicos

Crisp De Goey J Daicos

Henry Cameron Mihocek

Elliott Kreuger McCreery

Grundy Adams Pendlebury

Sidebottom Lipinski Noble Macrae

Hoskin - Elliot

Cox McInnes Ginnivan

I think Krueger, Lipinski and Nick Daicos are immediate inclusions, but the overall lineup is up in the air. If round one was a grand final, then we would want to play all of the old guys. But in reality, we want to get a lot of games into the young guys. Most of them have shown at least a little, so it's hard to select. McCrae will bring some surprises.

The reason why I'm a huge fan of the Charlie Dean pick is that we finally have absolutely NO REASON WHATSOEVER TO EVER HAVE MADGEN IN OUR BEST 22 AGAIN.

Brody Mihocek should also thrive now that he no longer has to play a psudeo KPF role, can finally return as a 3rd tall.

FB: Brayden Maynard ~ Jordan Roughead ~ Charlie Dean
HB: Jack Crisp ~ Darcy Moore ~ Jeremy Howe
C: Josh Daicos ~ Scott Pendlebury ~ Steele Sidebottom
HF: Will Hoskin-Elliot ~ Darcy Cameron ~ Oliver Henry
FF: Brody Mihocek ~ Nathan Kreuger ~ Jamie Elliot
R: Brodie Grundy ~ Taylor Adams ~ Patrick Lipinski
INT: Isaac Quaynor (DEF), Nick Daicos (MID), Finlay Macrae (MID), Jack Ginnivan (FWD)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back