VFL
B: Magden Dean Ruscoe
HB: Murphy Kelly Wilson
C: T.Brown McInnes Poulter
HF: Johnson McMahon Bianco
F: C.Brown Cox Ginnivan
FOL: Begg Draper Macrae
INT: Chugg Keane Harrison Murley

If De Goey is suspended/sacked, then Lipinski goes in as rover, and would probably bring in Macrae from VFL onto the bench.

At the very least I'd hope Macrae and Poulter are given as many games as possible. Bianco and Ginnivan the next cabs off the rank. They're playing in positions where it's tough to get it, but I expect De Goey won't be there, and I'd hope over time they're taking over from the WHEs of the world and potentially Noble (though I don't mind what he offers to be fair).

Nothing startling about that effort though, I'd just hope the kids are given a huge chance to prove themselves.

N Daicos and Dean to play early

Interesting where they start Nick. Merit to start him in the backline. Merit to start him up front.

Probably just named on the bench each week and will rotate in and out of places

Dean I think can nail a spot early by round 1-5... in which case

Quaynor Roughead Maynard*

Dean Howe Ruscoe

7th defender - Noble/Bianco

* assuming Maynard stays in defence

- Moore to return later

- Madgen to be depth only 🙏

B. Maynard Roughead Howe
HB. Crisp Moore Quaynor
C. J.Daicos Pendlebury Lipinski
HF. Sidebottom Mihocek Elliott
F. Henry Kreuger Cameron
R. Grundy De Goey Adams
I. N.Daicos Macrae Ruscoe McCreery
E. Hoskin-Elliott Poulter T.Brown Noble

Always a fun exercise at this time of year. Maybe just once we can have a year with bare minimum on the weekly injured list?! Asking too much?

FB: Howe - Roughead - Maynard
HB: Quaynor - Moore - Crisp
C: Daicos - De Goey - Pendlebury
HF: Elliott - Cameron - Sidebottom
FF: McCreey - Mihochek - Henry
FOLL: Grundy - Adams - Lipinski
INT:
Daicos - Macrae - Noble - Poulter
SUB: Hoskin-Elliott

B: Dean Roughead Quaynor

HB: Crisp Moore Howe

C: J Daicos McInnes N Daicos

HF: Elliott Mihocek DeGoey

F: Ginnivan Kreuger Henry

Foll: Grundy Adams MaCrae

Int: Pendles, Sidebottom McCreery Maynard

A changing of the guard for me. Players like McInnes, MaCrae, Henry, Ginnivan to elevate their games to being best 22.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have all dropped WHE. His salary means that we're likely going to field him. At least for the first part of the season. And I think when played on the wing, he is a quality player. People just need to realise this and stop reiterating his dire 2020/1 campaign.

Post your lineups!

AFL
B: Maynard Roughead Quaynor
C: J.Daicos Adams N.Daicos
HF: Sidebottom Mihocek Kreuger
F: Elliott Cameron McCreery
FOL: Grundy Pendlebury De Goey*
INT: Henry Hoskin-Elliott Noble Lipinski

* If not in jail or sacked

VFL
B: Magden Dean Ruscoe
HB: Murphy Kelly Wilson
C: T.Brown McInnes Poulter
HF: Johnson McMahon Bianco
F: C.Brown Cox Ginnivan
FOL: Begg Draper Macrae
INT: Chugg Keane Harrison Murley

If De Goey is suspended/sacked, then Lipinski goes in as rover, and would probably bring in Macrae from VFL onto the bench.
I’d prefer to see Maynard play Centre, Adams on ball and Degoey to do some time in the twos. Noble should only come in as depth, although he has put on a bit of weight so maybe he’ll be stronger at the contest.

As injuries mount or form necessitates, I’d bring in Macrae Poulter Keane and Kelly in terms of priority for development. Reef if form warrants, he was showing signs last year. Daicos and Tyler in the mix too.

Macrae needs to play predominantly on ball, he looks lost elsewhere, you can just see his class extracting the ball though.

B: Dean Roughead Quaynor

C: J Daicos McInnes N Daicos

HF: Elliott Mihocek DeGoey

F: Ginnivan Kreuger Henry

Foll: Grundy Adams MaCrae

Int: Pendles, Sidebottom McCreery Maynard

A changing of the guard for me. Players like McInnes, MaCrae, Henry, Ginnivan to elevate their games to being best 22.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
McInnes does not have the fitness yet to play in the centre but he will appear at some point.

Macrae, Henry and Ginnivan should feature more often but at the start of the season, I expect at least Ginnivan to play in the VFL.

Darcy Cameron is also a notable omission, as too WHE. Also, the bench lacks a bit of run and defence. Which is why a Ruscoe would be needed. Like the inclusion of Dean.

Backs: Jeremy Howe, Jordan Roughead, Darcy Moore

Half Backs: Brayden Maynard, Isaac Quaynor, Nick Daicos

Centre: Steele Sidebottom, Jack Crisp, Will Hoskin-Elliott

Half Forwards: Nathan Kreuger, Oliver Henry, Brodie Mihocek

Forwards: Jamie Elliott, Darcy Cameron, Josh Daicos

Followers: Brodie Grundy, Scott Pendlebury, Taylor Adams.

Interchange: Finlay Macrae, Trey Ruscoe, Charlie Dean, Patrick Lipinski.

Medi-Sub: Reef McInnes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d prefer to see Maynard play Centre, Adams on ball and Degoey to do some time in the twos. Noble should only come in as depth, although he has put on a bit of weight so maybe he’ll be stronger at the contest.

As injuries mount or form necessitates, I’d bring in Macrae Poulter Keane and Kelly in terms of priority for development. Reef if form warrants, he was showing signs last year. Daicos and Tyler in the mix too.

Macrae needs to play predominantly on ball, he looks lost elsewhere, you can just see his class extracting the ball though.
Noble's one to watch this year. I think he's primed for a big season.

Both Tyler and Callum Brown don't seem to feature a lot in teams. Thinking they're at risk of not playing much senior footy. We're always told Tyler will explode but he's going to need to start getting consistent games or else there's one place he's headed.

As for Callum: he needs to lockdown a position. He can play mid but we've got mids. When he's a forward, he's useless. So return to the centre, give him a year. If there's not much progress or there's someone else, I think he's a candidate for the chop. However, he'll probably be spared as we've got a lot of players coming out of contract who are old and look likely to retire.

We have all dropped WHE. His salary means that we're likely going to field him. At least for the first part of the season. And I think when played on the wing, he is a quality player. People just need to realise this and stop reiterating his dire 2020/1 campaign.

I actually think he is handy as the sub
in case of emergency and pretty versatile having played forward wing and back over the journey with us

for start of season if everyone is fit

F: McCreery Cameron Sidebottom

HF: Elliott Mihocek Henry

C: WHE Adams J Daicos

B: Maynard Roughead IQ

Fol: Grundy Pendles JDG

Int: Ruscoe Lipinski Krueger McRae

MS: Bianco

Expect Sidebottom and WHE to be supplanted during the season

Both Tyler and Callum Brown don't seem to feature a lot in teams. Thinking they're at risk of not playing much senior footy. We're always told Tyler will explode but he's going to need to start getting consistent games or else there's one place he's headed.

As for Callum: he needs to lockdown a position. He can play mid but we've got mids. When he's a forward, he's useless. So return to the centre, give him a year. If there's not much progress or there's someone else, I think he's a candidate for the chop. However, he'll probably be spared as we've got a lot of players coming out of contract who are old and look likely to retire.

I think they are in that 25-30 bracket on the list at best but history shows with injuries you are calling on those players pretty consistently

Callum has some obvious weaknesses that will be tough to remedy, kicking and speed mainly. What he does bring though is intent and a footy brain. He gets himself in the right spots, and lifts when the game is on the line. I can see why he gets picked, but also the frustration with him.

Tyler for me has all the attributes, he just needs to get some consistency and confidence at AFL level. We are quick to write players off, I think with the sudden influx of young players the added competition will either make him or break him. He has no choice but to now step up mentally. I hope he makes it.

I wouldn't bank Steele Sidebottom to be in the starting best 22.

FB: Maynard - Roughead - Howe
HB: Quaynor - Moore - Ruscoe
C: Lipinski - Adams - Crisp
HF: Elliott - Cameron - Sidebottom
FF: Kreuger - Mihocek - Henry
FOLL: Grundy - Pendlebury - De Goey / J. Daicos
INT: J. Daicos / Hoskin-Elliot - N. Daicos - McCreery - Macrae
SUB: Poulter

De Goey is the obvious asterisk. I don't think any of the National draftees besides Nick get early games. I could see Dean making his way into the side early on if we have ideas of pushing Maynard upfield or something like that, but I'd like Dean to learn off Howe a bit. Think his use by foot could really help complement the athleticism of Moore and the run & carry of IQ.

Lipinski straight onto the wing, opposite Crisp who gets more upfield freedom with the improvement of Ruscoe. I like Crisp on the wing generally too, as I think we saw him do some real damage off stoppages when he was on the wing - but in this lineup he'd be the 7th defender. It's why I think Dean can make an early claim. Adams in the centre as per usual.

Half-forward line is something we've become accustomed to. I don't see Sidebottom getting much run in the midfield these days, besides on the wing. Pendles, Adams, JDG*, Daicos x 2, Lipinski and Macrae all ahead of him there for my mind. Elliott is still a gun up there, and I'd like to see him return to full-time forward duties. Kreuger slots in immediately as a deep forward, alongside Mihocek and Henry.

Followers remain pretty similar. Hoskin-Elliott was playing solid footy, and on last season's form shouldn't really worry about being dropped, but I would prefer to get senior footy into youngsters and look to see WHE off at the end of the season. Can't wait to see the pressure McCreery applies alongside Kreuger. Poulter as the sub, eyeing off WHE's spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back