Toast 2022 Brownlow Medal Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Ehhh, I like Patrick Cripps,

I get that the Brownlow is a stupid metric, but it's nice to see a player like Cripps get a speech.

Of course it would be better if it was fairly distributed among positions and teams, but I might as well ask for $1,000,000 to fall from the sky.

Actually shocking how many ads there was for the coverage. It stretched 45 minutes of content into 3+ hours it felt like.

Congrats to Cripps though. But he was lucky to get off from that Ah Chee hit.

Can’t say I care about this night unless a Swan is in serious contention but what a farce. The winner was lucky to even be eligible and even luckier to get some of the votes he was awarded in losing games.

So much of this game just feels scripted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can’t say I care about this night unless a Swan is in serious contention but what a farce. The winner was lucky to even be eligible and even luckier to get some of the votes he was awarded in losing games.

If anything Cripps got less votes than he should have anyway. Worthy winner, and there was no reason he shouldn't have been playing.

Jesus the Sportsbet promos were disgusting. Flogging the odds, and multis for the upcoming round encouraging people to put down their hard earned within 30 seconds with no time to think.

Neale's odds went from $1.20 to $6 in the space of a single round showing what a farce it is.

No problem at all with adults having a punt, but the way it's shoved down our throats is an abomination.

Jesus the Sportsbet promos were disgusting. Flogging the odds, and multis for the upcoming round encouraging people to put down their hard earned within 30 seconds with no time to think.

Neale's odds went from $1.20 to $6 in the space of a single round showing what a farce it is.

No problem at all with adults having a punt, but the way it's shoved down our throats is an abomination.

What you didn't like Nathan Brown and his round by round putrid bets that never got up lol

From the useless AFL stats page.

With Jordan Roughead failing to poll a Brownlow vote in his only game in 2022 he now joins a select list of four players who played 200 games without receiving a Brownlow vote. Nick Smith 211 games, Tom Lonergan 209 games, Ben Stratton 202 games and Jordan Roughead 201 games.
All four players do however have a Premiership medal whilst Patrick Cripps is the only 150 game Brownlow Medallist to have never played in a final.

The fix was in, but Collingwood had to go and ruin the party by beating them by a point.

Imagine that headline... Cripps, after enduring 8 losing seasons wins the Brownlow and has led his team back into the finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back