Prediction 2022 Carlton Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

At pick 46 and Hawthorn's last pick I'll take Fergus Greene from Box Hill Hawks, VFL.

187cm/75kg, the former Bulldog (2018-2020) has played for Box Hill over the last 2 seasons. Averaging over 3 goals a game and being the second leading goal kicker in VFL this year, I'm eager to give Greene another shot on an AFL list considering there are no other draftees still on the board who I'm overly keen on.

Blugazi

With Greene taken as DFA, does that mean Hawks won't use this pick?

Would we want it?

We have two fourths next year (ours and *) that will end up ~60-65. Swap one of those for Hawks 46 (pick 50 before picks eaten up)?

We get an upgrade and Hawks get to recycle a pick they won't use (assuming they don't use their excess picks in the 40s and 50s to trade up).

Win-win...

With pick 64 Port Adelaide selects Hugh Davies.

No huge slider to finish my draft off here, just protecting my job as Port Adelaide recruiter by finally taking a tall.

Hugh is a tall defender out of WA, who I suspect comes into consideration late in the ND.

Good in the air and by foot, looks more at home as an interceptor rather than a shut-down defender, and is quite slight so I wouldn't expect to see him at senior level in 2023. One for the future.

At pick #65, Tigers select Finbar O'D....D....O'.....

Pick 65 - Richmond - Casey Voss (Sturt) - 182cm/82kg

Having just turned 22 years old in September, Voss has developed into the premier mid size defender outside the AFL and has impressed with averages of 23.8 disposals, 8.8 marks, and 5.3 rebound 50s in the SANFL. He had 29 disposals and 15 marks in this year's SANFL vs WAFL match, securing him the Fos Williams Medal for best-on-ground. He also won Sturt's best and fairest in 2021, and earned SANFL team of the year honours in successive seasons.

Voss possesses a ready-to-go and well-rounded game with how he intercepts behind the ball, generates drive by foot and restricts the influence of his direct opponent. He displays a combination of competitiveness and smarts in defence, much like Sam Docherty.

With Richmond still in the premiership window, Voss is a player who could step straight into the side to perform a role. He provides depth in defence, and would likely be pressing for senior selection during 2023.

72323958-300x212.jpg

Photo: a young Casey Voss pictured here with some bloke in a Brisbane Lions jumper

Carlton won this mock draft quite clearly.

Every pick met every need that we've had on the list since '95 and somewhat of a delightful shock the club was able to draft four players it held in its top 3 on the draft board. Congrats Pablito

On the other hand, the clear loser of the draft is #N/A! They had the final 38 selections of the draft but were unable to get a single selection in within the time period and passed on every selection. Their fan base is devastated and feels that their chances at an elusive finals win rivals Essendon.

Thankyou to all the list managers...
It was great fun, pity it is over thanks everyone and a thanks to Jimmae

Final Selections are below...

Would of liked to do an actual list manager thread, with a live trading draft, with a MSD and Trade week, but it would only work if recruiters are committed over multiple years and there are consequences, so probably a bit to much to ask... If there is any interest let me know...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back