List Mgmt. 2022 Carlton Consensus Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Worked okay for the Demons, Brown, MacDonald Jackson/Gawn
Jackson and Gawn have significantly more athleticism than Pitto or TDK at this stage. I’d back Charlie and H in ahead of Brown and McDonald. Hopefully our smalls can have a similar impact to those of Melbourne to compensate for the additional size.

Jackson and Gawn have significantly more athleticism than Pitto or TDK at this stage. I’d back Charlie and H in ahead of Brown and McDonald. Hopefully our smalls can have a similar impact to those of Melbourne to compensate for the additional size.

I don't think there is a set formula, but I do prefer a taller structure.

English and Martin wouldn't be more agile than Pitto (prefer a MacDonald or Young) and TDK, they still made a GF

I don't think there is a set formula, but I do prefer a taller structure.

English and Martin wouldn't be more agile than Pitto (prefer a MacDonald or Young) and TDK, they still made a GF
I prefer to be a little smaller and have sustained pressure. H and Charlie are enough, we have a history of bomb it long when we go too big. Very interested to see the Voss model.
In terms of English/Martin, English has proven to be more proficient forward and Martin in more adept a being the physical bull than Pitto. If Pitto can become Martin, and I believe he can, we have a significant long term asset.

I prefer to be a little smaller and have sustained pressure. H and Charlie are enough, we have a history of bomb it long when we go too big. Very interested to see the Voss model.
In terms of English/Martin, English has proven to be more proficient forward and Martin in more adept a being the physical bull than Pitto. If Pitto can become Martin, and I believe he can, we have a significant long term asset.

Will be interesting, at Port they played Dixon, Lycett and one of Marshall/Ladhams. 3rd tall Georgiades. Wondering how much input Voss had

They have also added Finlayson

Ruck vote complete
This one is dusted, folks. TDK is a unanimous choice as our starting ruck for 2022 - taking over 75% of the vote ahead of Pitto.

Looking forward to seeing what a (hopefully) bigger and more mature King can do with a better side around him and better drilled midfield.

Forwards are up next, with poll to be unleashed tomorrow.

Last edited:
I have a feeling Pitto is a bit too 'nice'. Not sure he gets the white line fever that would be required for a nice guy to be a bull. I could be wrong and hope I am.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

TDK is a shorter more athletic ruck, he needs to be fit because he needs his leap and strength and needs to be able to leap high all day. It's a big deal that he has a preseason and develops physically for him.

The other aspect here is how well TDK improves his forward craft, if that happens then both ruckmen could feature.

TDK is a shorter more athletic ruck, he needs to be fit because he needs his leap and strength and needs to be able to leap high all day. It's a big deal that he has a preseason and develops physically for him.

The other aspect here is how well TDK improves his forward craft, if that happens then both ruckmen could feature.
At 203cm TDK is not a “shorter” ruck.

Naitanui 201 supported by Williams 199
Martin 199 first choice although English 205
Goldstein 201 supported by Colman-Jones 200 or Xerri 201 young Edwards is taller
Nankervis 197 although Soldo when fit 204 and they have some other bigger boppers in wings
Lycett 203 will be supported by Hayes 203 in ‘22
Hickey 201, Sinclair 200 will be joined by Ladhams at 202, with perpetually injured Naismith in the wings at 206
McEvoy at 200, has recruit Lynch at 200 for support while Reeves at 208 is blooded
Witts at 209 hopefully returns for Gold Coast after their undersized troup in ‘21. Will be likely supported by our Levi at 201
Stanley at 200 still #1 at Cats although Ceglar at 204 may assume the mantle
Mummy at 199 was GWS go to next Flynn 200. Do have Preuss at 206 if he can get on park
Sean Darcy Freo young gun 202, Meek 203 and forward Lobb at 206
Draper 205 taller supported by 2 metre Peter
Grundy same as TDK 203 supported by Cameron who is more forward at 205
O.Mac at Brissie is 205
Gawn 208 obviously taller, but backed up by Jackson at 199
R.O’Brien 202 supported by Thilthorpe 201 takes us back to “average”.

There are a few taller and some lanky youngsters not mentioned here are recent recruits, none taller than our Mirkov. Clearly height wise TDK is at worst average and more athletic than most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would go with "lighter build" rather than "shorter", but otherwise agree wholeheartedly.

He's taller than Pitto (just), and plenty of other ruckmen at 203cm.

Taller: Witts (209), Gawn, Reeves (208), Z Smith (206), McInerney, English (205), Ceglar, Strachan (204). That's just those that played regularly this year - there are a bunch of others like Mirkov who didn't play, or Harry, who are taller but are KPPs. Point though, is, that height isn't TDK's issue - he's plenty tall enough. It's more a body strength issue.

Forwards are up and ready to select, sports fans. Before even choosing my 6, I know this will be the hardest yet for me personally.

We're now blessed with tons of options. While few are proven and give me supreme confidence, we have some sentience of depth and real competition.

I think that this one will really split the voting group.

My rationale FWIW:
  • Harry, Charlie and JSOS were my first three votes - all established and we know what we'll get. Best 22 when fit every day of the week.
  • Jack Martin and Zac Fisher took my starting spots on the HFF. Both still have some way to go but have earnt a starting spot more than the other, less tested forwards here. Both have midfield rotation capacity (being junior star mids) and can kick goals.
  • As our first 'pure small' I went with Matt Owies as he showed the most last year and deserves first crack. Has areas of improvement but with other dynamic smalls around him - he gives us consistency, pressure and a cool head in front of goals.
  • I went with Josh Honey over the likes of Durdin and Motlop for now, who for me is slightly ahead and has some incredibly dynamic and powerful traits that I think Voss will love. I've gone against a 'resting mid' in this group given Martin/Fish in the seven, which I think will be okay.
We'll have the likes of Zac, Doc, Stock, Martin and Fish all chopping out in the guts so our mid depth is solid with a group like this.

HF: Martin - McKay - Fisher
F: Silvagni - C. Curnow - Owies
I: Honey

Last edited:
HF: Fisher Curnow Martin
F: Honey McKay McGovern
I: JSOS

Fisher has a target on his back from genuine small forwards in Durdin Owies Motlop, and I expect one of Durdin and Motlop will claim that spot if given the opportunity.
Similar to mine, Topo. I thought Owies did more to earn the spot, with McGov sliding given his lack of footy and general disappointment over four quarters. He was a favourite of Teague's but will be starting on level footing with Vossy so I feel he starts the year in the 2s (particularly training down back, at least in part).

I went with

Martin Curnow Honey
Fisher McKay Silvagni
Philp on the pine

Extremely tempted to put Motlop in the team but i'll wait to see how pre-season goes before doing so. If the penny hasn't dropped for Fisher now then it never will. Great talent who is in if fair dinkum.
Philp gives good coverage on the pine as a HF, wing, onball option. Really keen to see how he shapes up after xmas.

Mitch, Mitch, Mitch.....oh what to do with Mitch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back