Toast 2022 club champion awards - congrats Rory Laird!

Remove this Banner Ad

Another quality contribution.

Yet another season when the opposition coaches (AFL Coaches Award), the umpires (Brownlow) and our coaches all get it wrong but the Great Brett Cummings Bearded Clam and a few of the usual suspects are of course right.

He’s Rubbish!
You mean how cripps got bog when we absolutely thrashed them? That award?

2022 Malcolm Blight Medal final Leaderboard:

1. Rory Laird - 118 votes
  2. Jordan Dawson - 114 votes
  3. Ben Keays - 88 votes
  4. Taylor Walker - 82 votes
  5. Brodie Smith - 72 votes
  6. Darcy Fogarty - 71 votes
  7. Shane McAdam - 66 votes
  8. Tom Doedee - 66 votes
  9. Sam Berry - 64 votes
  10. Jake Soligo - 61 votes

3. Ben Keays - 88 votes
  8. Tom Doedee - 66 votes
  9. Sam Berry - 64 votes
Fog finished pretty highly too, 1 vote away from top 5

3. Ben Keays - 88 votes
  8. Tom Doedee - 66 votes
  9. Sam Berry - 64 votes
McAdam did very well considering games played.

Do you want to work your magic and do the top 10 based on average score per game?

3. Ben Keays - 88 votes
  8. Tom Doedee - 66 votes
  9. Sam Berry - 64 votes

Keays too high, Smith way too high.

Other than that, pretty well right.

Great to see Berry and Soligo in the top 10, McAdam the quiet achiever.

It won't happen

We don't know how to utilise skill players at all, Sholl or anyone else. We don't hold any structure around stoppages or around the ball at any time

It's why Hately ends up on the wing and Murphy is our dream hff. Crash in, numbers to the contest, hack it forward, try to repeat the process

For us the wing/hff positions end up just crash n bash mids that we can't fit into the midfield at the present time
We utilised Seedsman just fine last year in this role.

I'm not saying coaching doesn't have some fault, but I agree with Bicks on Sholl. He fell off completely especially with his decision making and kicking (from what he showed early in his career) and when exposed to any physical contests he lacks strength and athleticism (knocked off the ball with slow recovery).

I really liked him early on so I'm not writing him off. He seems to have lost of lot of confidence in his strengths and his weaknesses are easy to expose.

3. Ben Keays - 88 votes
  8. Tom Doedee - 66 votes
  9. Sam Berry - 64 votes

Fog really came home with a wet sail.

ROB should be embarrassed he couldn't crack the top ten.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to Rory Laird, a worthy winner and very underrated by some “Crows Supporters”.

Jordan Dawson also had a superb season despite having to plug many holes in our team.

Tex superb (lucky he didn’t just ****off and retire two years ago as suggested by certain BF posters).

Brodie Smith and Tom Doedee had much better seasons than you would think if you read BF.

Great effort by Fogarty, Soligo and Berry!

Keays too high, Smith way too high.

Other than that, pretty well right.

Great to see Berry and Soligo in the top 10, McAdam the quiet achiever.
Nah, season long I'd only have Walker ahead of Keays, maybe Fogarty. Agree re: Smithers

ROB not being top 10 should be a wake up call for him

Another quality contribution.

Yet another season when the opposition coaches (AFL Coaches Award), the umpires (Brownlow) and our coaches all get it wrong but the Great Brett Cummings Bearded Clam and a few of the usual suspects are of course right.

He’s Rubbish!
Interesting, I’m not saying he’s rubbish but you might want to have a look at average score per game played. Take out Soligo’s sub game he finishes .06 ahead of Keays and Fog is also ahead.

So our second best mid was outscored by a first year player and developing key forward whose first 5 games sucked.

McAdam also finished ahead of Keays.

Bearded Clam appears Jack has gone early again

Last edited:
Keays was on par with laird for at least half the season as our best player. No surprise to see him top 5 imo.

Smith and Doedee high up by virtue of games played? Berry and Soligo missed chunks and so did Fog. Butts had a down year and McHenry and Jones certainly weren't going to steal votes.

Voting looks pretty representative of our year tbh.

Interesting, I’m not saying he’s rubbish but you might want to have a look at average score per game played. Bearded Clam appears Jack has gone early again
Your not saying he was rubbish but do you support the view (stated endlessly) that he is not an AFL player and should never again play for the Crows?

I have never said he is a future Brownlow Medallist but he does not deserve all the s**t dumped on him by a small group of poorly informed posters.

And to correct your “gone early again” bullshit, I never posted on the Brownlow Medal thread.

3. Ben Keays - 88 votes
  8. Tom Doedee - 66 votes
  9. Sam Berry - 64 votes

Big second half of the year from Fog. Not bad for a guy with no AFL traits

Keays was on par with laird for at least half the season as our best player. No surprise to see him top 5 imo.

Smith and Doedee high up by virtue of games played? Berry and Soligo missed chunks and so did Fog. Butts had a down year and McHenry and Jones certainly weren't going to steal votes.

Voting looks pretty representative of our year tbh.
Keays scored 26 in the last 10 games, that’s pretty crap.

Keays scored 26 in the last 10 games, that’s pretty crap.
Still finished high despite that crap finish to the season

I'm a long-time fan of Keays and by no means agree with the nuffies that say he belongs in the SANFL, but him finishing third, considering that poor end to the season, speaks more volumes to how average we were over the course of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back