2022 Club Champion Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

martinson

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
How have McCarthy and Lyons got so many votes ?

No wonder they kept playing Lyons. They were invested in him.

martinson

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sheesh, when you're having a whinge that your whipping boys haven't gone worse in the best and fairest voting...
I've been a huge wrap for Lyons since we got hold of him but he was ordinary mostly and unfortunately a liability as the year wore on when we kept playing him and he couldn't run or kick.

Quite bemused how he got so many votes. You don't agree ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hanley

Senior List
Apr 22, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ok I briefly started watching and they showed highlights of the finals, then said the vote is up to round twenty and took a break to a hip hop song that kept saying 'black lingerie' over and over. Is that a thing? Feeling slightly out of the loop but should at least mention I'm glad it's streamed!!

MSB ROYS

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I've been a huge wrap for Lyons since we got hold of him but he was ordinary mostly and unfortunately a liability as the year wore on when we kept playing him and he couldn't run or kick.

It does seem to be an anomaly I agree, but we never get a breakdown of why.

ZoBlitz

The Ghost Who Walks
Sep 20, 2004
Brisbane/Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

His first half was alright and then he faded as the season went on, which is what the votes show as he only received 6 votes between round 13 and 20 compared to his faster start of polling 25 in 13 rounds.

Tom14

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

25 votes for JL to round 13, 31 at round 20. With him missing the finals he will be out of the top 10 pretty comfortably. Isn’t this consistent with what you are saying?

I agree his best games weren’t against our toughest opponents but he was good in some of the early games.

MSB ROYS

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Best finals player - Lachie Neale.

rye

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2022
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
people quick to forget JL was pretty close to best on in a couple of our early games, one that stands out in particular being first one against GC. could see it reflected in how he polled in the brownlow too

martinson

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
25 votes for JL to round 13, 31 at round 20. With him missing the finals he will be out of the top 10 pretty comfortably. Isn’t this consistent with what you are saying?

I agree his best games weren’t against our toughest opponents but he was good in some of the early games.
I actually thought he was ordinary in the early games and terrible in the later ones.

Just calling it as I saw it. Charity votes imo.

No big deal , just wonder what the thinking is.

Remove this Banner Ad