2022 Club Champion Awards

How have McCarthy and Lyons got so many votes ?

No wonder they kept playing Lyons. They were invested in him.

He was decent in the first half of the year. You can absolutely see his drop off in the second though.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sheesh, when you're having a whinge that your whipping boys haven't gone worse in the best and fairest voting...
I've been a huge wrap for Lyons since we got hold of him but he was ordinary mostly and unfortunately a liability as the year wore on when we kept playing him and he couldn't run or kick.

Quite bemused how he got so many votes. You don't agree ?

The BF voting is for the 5 best players, while this voting system takes into account team metrics that we don't about and I think that more than 5 people can get votes.
Yep, includes things like whether you've beaten or broke even with your opponent.

Hanley

Senior List
Apr 22, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ok I briefly started watching and they showed highlights of the finals, then said the vote is up to round twenty and took a break to a hip hop song that kept saying 'black lingerie' over and over. Is that a thing? Feeling slightly out of the loop but should at least mention I'm glad it's streamed!!

I've been a huge wrap for Lyons since we got hold of him but he was ordinary mostly and unfortunately a liability as the year wore on when we kept playing him and he couldn't run or kick.

It does seem to be an anomaly I agree, but we never get a breakdown of why.

His first half was alright and then he faded as the season went on, which is what the votes show as he only received 6 votes between round 13 and 20 compared to his faster start of polling 25 in 13 rounds.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

25 votes for JL to round 13, 31 at round 20. With him missing the finals he will be out of the top 10 pretty comfortably. Isn’t this consistent with what you are saying?

I agree his best games weren’t against our toughest opponents but he was good in some of the early games.

Best finals player - Lachie Neale.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
25 votes for JL to round 13, 31 at round 20. With him missing the finals he will be out of the top 10 pretty comfortably. Isn’t this consistent with what you are saying?

I agree his best games weren’t against our toughest opponents but he was good in some of the early games.
I actually thought he was ordinary in the early games and terrible in the later ones.

Just calling it as I saw it. Charity votes imo.

No big deal , just wonder what the thinking is.

Back