Remove this Banner Ad

dave10

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
For the nerds on here.

The_Wookie , please amend and consolidate as required.

Once the Cup is over, attention turns to the Club financial review. End of financial year is 31st October.

I read recently the Cats are on track to deliver $4M. I’d expect the return of full and near normal season crowds and hospitality should ensure overall bonanza results given still low cost based not cycled since covid.

I will be sifting through the Essendon result for the payouts post season following a year of poor crowds and no doubt shortcomings on its revenue line.

Get ready for some stellar results.

For the nerds on here.

The_Wookie , please amend and consolidate as required.

Once the Cup is over, attention turns to the Club financial review. End of financial year is 31st October.

I read recently the Cats are on track to deliver $4M. I’d expect the return of full and near normal season crowds and hospitality should ensure overall bonanza results given still low cost based not cycled since covid.

I will be sifting through the Essendon result for the payouts post season following a year of poor crowds and no doubt shortcomings on its revenue line.

Get ready for some stellar results.

Damn it Dave I was going to do this on October 31. lol

Hawks announcing big profits on the sale of gambling venues grossing $32m.

No link yet.
Correct. Profit on football of $750K is a strong result.

Generally speaking, the financial results across the league should be very strong given almost complete return of revenue despite significant savings on expenditure compared to pre covid due to lower allowable soft cap spend etc.

Hawks announce 2022 financial result​

3 hrs ago
MicrosoftTeams-image-8-.png

Following the first uninterrupted season in more than two years, Hawthorn has posted a strong financial result, achieving both football club and consolidated surpluses.

Hawthorn’s consolidated net operating surplus of $35.1 million includes the one-time extraordinary gain on sale of $32.0 million relating to the club's exit from gaming and hospitality venues.

Previously, gaming and hospitality contributed significantly to the profitability and financial stability of the club. The consistent income and surpluses generated helped position the club to be able to withstand unexpected financial events such as COVID-19.

While the exit from gaming will have an impact on the club’s recurrent income, the strong result from the sales enable the club to look at other investment opportunities via a club based Future Fund. A significant portion of gaming sale proceeds will also be used to support the construction of the Kennedy Community Centre.

However, this year’s financial result continues to show the club’s operations, excluding investments, are anticipated to run at a consistent surplus into the future.

This is highlighted in the football operations net surplus of $752,006 for the financial year ending October 31 2022. The football operations are the key indicators of the club’s financial position, and does not include the club’s investments, foundations and consolidated revenue.

Hawthorn’s auditors Ernst & Young signed off on the club’s annual financial report yesterday.

Hawthorn Acting President Peter Nankivell expressed the club’s gratitude to its members and partners in helping the Hawks maintain their financial independence.

“We are in the strongest financial position the club has been in in its history. These financial results showcase the commercial strength of the club as well as the unwavering support of loyal members and commercial and community partners,” Mr Nankivell said.

“We are delighted to have set a new membership record, with 81,494 members. This committed membership base is integral to the club’s success, and we want to thank every single one of our loyal members.

“The club is also extremely appreciative of all our commercial partners for their continued support. In addition, we welcome aboard our newest partners, who we are proud join forces with. Being able to generate these new commercial partnerships is a direct reflection of the club’s strength as an organisation.

“On behalf of the board, I would also like to thank the Hawthorn staff and playing group for their ongoing efforts to ensure this club continues to thrive in the ruthless environment of elite sport.”

Hawthorn CEO Justin Reeves shared Nankivell’s sentiment of appreciation for the club’s loyal members.

“The Kennedy Community Centre will see our club embark upon one of the most significant chapters in our club’s history, and to have the continued support of our members, community and philanthropic donors, sponsors and corporate partners is incredibly important.

“We pride ourselves on being an independent club which balances a strong members and community first mindset with sound, forward-thinking commercial decisions. To show, once again, that our club can operate so strongly off-the-field is something we should all be immensely proud of.
“Following a few tough years of instability as a result of COVID-19, we are seeing ongoing growth in all areas across our organisation. This is a testament to the hard-working administration staff, players, coaches, football department, and our selfless volunteers. Our club is in great shape, completely aligned through the football and administration departments and well equipped to continue our push towards our first and next premierships in AFL men’s and women’s.”

Key points of the 2022 financial report include:
  • Football club operations net surplus of $752,006 for the 2022 financial year
  • Consolidated net surplus of $35.1m for the year ending October 31 2022, including gain on sale of $32.0m relating to the club's venues
  • The club posted an all-time record membership year, with 81,494 loyal members committing to the brown and gold in 2022
  • The club’s consolidated cash position increased to $69.1m (2021: $30.9m) at 31 October 2022, albeit a significant proportion reflects funds specifically quarantined towards the construction of KCC.
  • HFC Foundation received donations of $973,130 towards the Kennedy Community Centre

Correct. Profit on football of $750K is a strong result.

Generally speaking, the financial results across the league should be very strong given almost complete return of revenue despite significant savings on expenditure compared to pre covid due to lower allowable soft cap spend etc.
While the exit from gaming will have an impact on the club’s recurrent income, the strong result from the sales enable the club to look at other investment opportunities via a club based Future Fund.

Nothing like pokies for recurrent income .

For clarity, total revenue is $49.07M which is inclusive of the donations.

Then there’s the sale of the gaming venue which from my basic accounting skills is represented by a debit of the cash deposit offset by the credit of the asset. I don’t think it represents a revenue source in accounting terms. Neither here or there..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood announce operating profit of $9.7 million and statutory profit of $7.1 million.

Collingwood 2022 financial result
The government subsidy totally $9.8M included in the $75M revenue figure relates to what exactly?

A strong result on the back of return to on field success. The correlation is evident as expected with match-day and membership revenue growing significantly.

As expected, normal revenues against lower than pre covid soft cap underlines expected strong profit results.

The government subsidy totally $9.8M included in the $75M revenue figure relates to what exactly?

A strong result on the back of return to on field success. The correlation is evident as expected with match-day and membership revenue growing significantly.

As expected, normal revenues against lower than pre covid soft cap underlines expected strong profit results.

I was wondering that myself.

It’s still currently under construction mate hence why it hasn’t been fully financially accounted for

I know...but the money is in, but no reference to outlays....So presumably much of it is just sitting in the bank...which makes the balance sheet look nice, but people who only look at the bottom line should be aware that it's a bit of an illusionary situation.

nb. This isn't having a shot at St Kilda...it's standard practice, but for a club that had a shaky balance sheet before all this, people should be aware that the underlying situation is still, probably, pretty shaky...even if it looks nice for now.

In Commercial construction jobs you pay in stages . any smart business person will tell you keep money in your account as long as possible as it’s earning you money through interest nothing silly about that it’s common practice. St kilda are no financial powerhouse but made a profit and have significantly reduced there debt over last couple seasons and are heading in the right direction and will be debt free within five seasons and also have record membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back