Prediction 2022 Copeland Trophy

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there’s an underdone of disrespecting the previous regime…not enough credit is given to the previous administration and coaches, you turn it around like that without a good solid foundation.

no doubt...but I would argue that it doesnt do any good restraining enthusiasm for how things are going, simply to make those who have left feel better. But there were times when the players talking about this being the best year, did make me think what was going on in 2018

Total coaches votes with finals added:

Interesting that JDG was equal highest in the coaches votes but only finished 10th.

Pendles ended up 5th courtesy of his strong finals, but 2nd in the Copeland.

Moore's strong finals propelled him to 6th on the coaches votes and 3rd in the Copeland.

Howe not in the top 10 for coaches votes but 4th in the Copeland whilst Sidey 10th for coaches votes but 5th in the Copeland.

Not sure how missing games impacts in the Copeland as l do recall in Malthouse's day, everyone got votes in the Copeland for playing.

De Goey 46 + 15 =61
Crisp 45 + 16 = 61
N. Daicos 30
J. Daicos 27
Lipinski 22
Cameron 21
Maynard 18
Sidey 17
Elliott 16
Adams 15
Pendles 14 + 11 = 25
Howe 13 + 3 = 16
Moore 12 + 11 = 23
Cox, Checkers, Ginni 10
Noble 6
Henry 5
Murph 4
Grundy, IQ 3

Last edited:

Total coaches votes with finals added:

Interesting that JDG was equal highest in the coaches votes but only finished 10th.

Pendles ended up 5th courtesy of his strong finals, but 2nd in the Copeland.

Moore's strong finals propelled him to 6th on the coaches votes and 3rd in the Copeland.

Howe not in the top 10 for coaches votes but 4th in the Copeland whilst Sidey 10th for coaches votes but 5th in the Copeland.

Not sure how missing games impacts in the Copeland as l do recall in Malthouse's day, everyone got votes in the Copeland for playing.

De Goey 46 + 15 =61
Crisp 45 + 16 = 61
N. Daicos 30
J. Daicos 27
Lipinski 22
Cameron 21
Maynard 18
Sidey 17
Elliott 16
Adams 15
Pendles 14 + 11 = 25
Howe 13 + 3 = 16
Moore 12 + 11 = 23
Cox, Checkers, Ginni 10
Noble 6
Henry 5
Murph 4
Grundy, IQ 3
The voting is the same as before, you get votes for getting a game. If you miss 6 games like Jordy you have no chance of winning it. You probably can’t miss more than a couple of games in years we we are doing well.

Congratulations Jack Crisp on another superb season with the most famous sporting club in the southern hemisphere (possibly planet Earth).

To think how far you have come since being traded to Collingwood from Brisbane as a sweetener, a set of steak knives in the Dayne Beams trade all those years ago to now holding the Copeland Trophy in your hands for the second time as our very best player says so much for your dedication and commitment to become the best footballer you can be for our great club. You ARE Collingwood Crispy! You represent all that is strong and powerful about the way we play football. Now go and lead us to a fuggin flag in 23.

Also, I must say that I did expect Josh Daicos to finish Top 5 in the Copeland. He had a near All Australian Team season and should have been named on the true Wing for that team as many have stated. I was very surprised that he didn't win an award. I would have given him an award over Sidey or Howe. Nick was also stiff, but he got best young player so that was something.

I thought Josh Daicos had a better year on his wing than Sidebottom. Not sure on Howe & Moore being that high either. They both got quite a few bags kicked on them over the course of the year. Voting system seems to promote close counts. Not sure how they are put together each week, but considering how high the votes were you would expect a bigger gap between player’s tallies.
You could argue that, though I think with Moore it was mainly the Lynch game. You might also argue that even blokes like Crisp and Pendles when playing mid had opponents that got huge tallies against them. I think I would have rated Maynard and even Murphy above Howe in the backline but Nathan did not come into the team until later but he negated pretty well.

no doubt...but I would argue that it doesnt do any good restraining enthusiasm for how things are going, simply to make those who have left feel better. But there were times when the players talking about this being the best year, did make me think what was going on in 2018
Can’t blame them for hating on the previous two years…no fans media circus at every turn. There was a lot of negativity surrounding the club, but I think Fly should have been the one to acknowledge it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t blame them for hating on the previous two years…no fans media circus at every turn. There was a lot of negativity surrounding the club, but I think Fly should have been the one to acknowledge it.

i think in some ways mcrae was acknowledging historical stuff that went outside his range of influence....although I must admit that he was there in the development role a few years back.

I think there was enough that focused on the covid years rather than the years before. I think generally everyone has been pretty honest and realistic. Buckley being an example of reacting really well to the success of the year. He should get a hug for that. It's my personal feeling that the coach doesn't hold within his powers to change everything at a club. I think the change has got as much to the change of other personel like wright, lep and bolt and the fitness people and the psych and the pres and the general clearing of air.

Can I put a word in for Mark Korda who was a spectator for a few years...and probably because he was inserted into the board by Ed. But he took his opportunity and he worked within his skill range and did things rather well. I understand that no one wants to even look sideways at him at the moment in case they are tainted with the past, but he might get a pat on the back when he goes.

And a word for geoff walsh who I am not a fan of but who oversaw the famous fire sale which looks now more like a camp fire .....and an interesting precursor of what's happening now at gold coast. Some hard decisions made then and they are bearing some fruit recently.

So the world is not all good and evil....or black and white

The meals were small portions. Prob explains why the alochol went to my head and not everyone appreciated my ollie tweet lol Oops.

Entree was Prawns and salad
Main was.. well mine was lamb.
Dessert was cheese cake.

I wandered around between breaks, tried to see who was around, or chatted to people I knew.

Very happy for Lippa.

Pick 43 and top 10 in the best and fairest. Not bad.

Watching the live stream it felt like about 2 hours of waiting.

i think in some ways mcrae was acknowledging historical stuff that went outside his range of influence....although I must admit that he was there in the development role a few years back.

I think there was enough that focused on the covid years rather than the years before. I think generally everyone has been pretty honest and realistic. Buckley being an example of reacting really well to the success of the year. He should get a hug for that. It's my personal feeling that the coach doesn't hold within his powers to change everything at a club. I think the change has got as much to the change of other personel like wright, lep and bolt and the fitness people and the psych and the pres and the general clearing of air.

Can I put a word in for Mark Korda who was a spectator for a few years...and probably because he was inserted into the board by Ed. But he took his opportunity and he worked within his skill range and did things rather well. I understand that no one wants to even look sideways at him at the moment in case they are tainted with the past, but he might get a pat on the back when he goes.

And a word for geoff walsh who I am not a fan of but who oversaw the famous fire sale which looks now more like a camp fire .....and an interesting precursor of what's happening now at gold coast. Some hard decisions made then and they are bearing some fruit recently.

So the world is not all good and evil....or black and white
Absolutely, Walsh and Guy ‘set a trend’ or rather were first movers…they did foreshadow there’d be more of it happening. They did the brave thing and took the hits, so we need to be thankful to them for doing that…they could have just continued to kick the can down the road.

Absolutely, Walsh and Guy ‘set a trend’ or rather were first movers…they did foreshadow there’d be more of it happening. They did the brave thing and took the hits, so we need to be thankful to them for doing that…they could have just continued to kick the can down the road.

but walsh also needed to clean up the can he had a large part in creating...and i'm sure ed played a major part in the "all chips in" strategy..

but walsh also needed to clean up the can he had a large part in creating...and i'm sure ed played a major part in the "all chips in" strategy..
Yep for sure, but still takes courage to do the right thing despite all the criticism. It would have been intense.

Ed in my view is responsible for Beams and Grundy. Wright would have let Grundy walk like he did Buddy…

Yep for sure, but still takes courage to do the right thing despite all the criticism. It would have been intense.

Ed in my view is responsible for Beams and Grundy. Wright would have let Grundy walk like he did Buddy…

i agree with that. It will be interesting to see how the summer pans out.

Always concerned me the the best clubman is the Darren Millane award. I have issues with naming it after him but that’s my problem not yours, also he’s jumper should be in rotation. Plenty of players have passed away and we still use their numbers and they were super stars, pants was a good player but….
Again this is my issue not yours.
Certainly understand your point of view.
A man who died from his own poor choices is maybe not the best example, publicly at least.
But listen to any of the 2010 Premiership champions talk about the man and his influence on them, simply by his actions within the club, outside the club and on the field, and you will understand why this award bears his name.

Andrew McMurtry on news .com points out that Crisp is the first to win back to back since Grundy in '18 and '19.
I mean, could there be another in that time frame. This guy is a genius.
Get him a Global Knives sponsorship 😬

With Moore's speech when he thanked his 3 elder sisters I sort of lamented what spine we might have had if things had worked out differently at conception. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back