Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Dawson or Whifeild ...
Where does Dawson play.?
Initial suggestions are Wing thru the midfield ....Crows want to use him in an attacking capacity, rather than defensively

TheMcManusNose

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
Longmuir was positive about the shape Chapman returned in for the start of pre-season, he also provided insight into his specific roles for the 2022 season.

I think Heath can play a variety of roles, at a pinch he could probably play as a 3rd back key position type player.”

“But he could also play as a high-back.”

“He’s returned in really good shape, he’s put on a lot of weight especially his lower body strength over his time out.”

“His competitiveness & his drive off half-back has really shone trough, really happy with the position he’s in.” Longmuir said.

Chapman averaged 14.2 Disposals, 4.5 Marks & 1.7 Tackles from 6 games in 2021.

Longmuir also re-confirmed Jordan Clark will start at half-back.

If he was 200k get him in but who knows if the campaigner will even play.

Same with Young. Could burst out of the gate and average 100 but Freo have a whole ******* team of backs between 185 and 193 cm who could play round 1. No way I'd be going any of Chapman/Clark/Young.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lloyd almost a lock tbh, so many premo options with Stewart (if fit), Hall i think is almost a lock aswell and others like Rich, Ridley, Whitfield and so on.

Mine is
Lloyd, Hall and Sicily.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sicily at D3 is pretty thin down back.
I think people forget how bloody good he was, he'd of averaged 110+ easily in 2020 if he hadn't been moved forward and gotten injured, he was an AA calibre player from 18-20 as arguably the best defender in the comp, he could defend any height, he was intercepting and rebounding at an above elite level and his efficiency in doing so was unreal.

At his price he's a lock for me and Sam has said he will only play him as a defender, laughed at the prospect of him being forward.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
I think people forget how bloody good he was, he'd of averaged 110+ easily in 2020 if he hadn't been moved forward and gotten injured, he was an AA calibre player from 18-20 as arguably the best defender in the comp, he could defend any height, he was intercepting and rebounding at an above elite level and his efficiency in doing so was unreal.

At his price he's a lock for me and Sam has said he will only play him as a defender, laughed at the prospect of him being forward.
Pre-season watch for me. If he's the main kick-in taker then he might be worth it. Players coming off a year out don't tend to return at their best though.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

Just remember, it takes 12-18 months to get back to 100% after a Knee .....plus you have to get games into DGB who plays a similar intercept marking game

Scrimshaw got better as the season progressed .....whose disposal do you want coming out of defense ?

New Coach, new gameplan ......too many questions at this stage

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just remember, it takes 12-18 months to get back to 100% after a Knee .....plus you have to get games into DGB who plays a similar intercept marking game

Scrimshaw got better as the season progressed .....whose disposal do you want coming out of defense ?

ATS I don't believe that DGB is any threat to Sicily's JS, role or SC scoring.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Sicily has been confirmed a lock down back by Sam, laughed off everything else.

Scrimshaw likely moves up the ground with Day due to our massive amount of defenders and the fact both are talented enough.

By R1 it'd be 18 months, maybe more. DGB isn't a similar type, DGB is more of a CHB, Sicily can play all sizes (DGB can too but not as mobile and not the same kicking/rebounding).

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
That's U18, he's def a CHB. Maybe an attacking and intercepting like a Gov type.

He just doesn't have the rebounding and kicking of Sicily.
Yes I can see the Gov comparison.....probably more in the Doedee mold player, but taller .....comes more from the side across packs a lot

Agree re the rebounding aspect to DGB's game

Back