Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
FMJ0F5IVgAMd3BX

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes I can see the Gov comparison.....probably more in the Doedee mold player, but taller .....comes more from the side across packs a lot

Agree re the rebounding aspect to DGB's game
Nah i think DGB's pure defense is better than Doedee while Doedee is def more that third tall where DGB will be the CHB.

cybajedi

Senior List
Dec 9, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Aaron Hall might be a few points underpriced.

After missing round 6 through injury, think it was a concussion from round 5 he averaged 111.2 to the round 12 bye. After the bye he averaged 117.5.

Got a one year contract extension and can't see his role changing.

Priced at 105, worth considering.

Sicily has been confirmed a lock down back by Sam, laughed off everything else.

Scrimshaw likely moves up the ground with Day due to our massive amount of defenders and the fact both are talented enough.

By R1 it'd be 18 months, maybe more. DGB isn't a similar type, DGB is more of a CHB, Sicily can play all sizes (DGB can too but not as mobile and not the same kicking/rebounding).

I doubt Sicily plays a lockdown role much with Hartigan and Frost there. The last couple of games they played this year their backline looked like this.

Hawks1.JPG

Looking at this Sicily will come in for O'brien(Traded) Back pocket and probably Impey for Burgoyne HBF.
Then there is still Jiath,Will Day and DGB all similar types fighting to get in the team.
I don't think I would be picking many Hawks players especially with Bruest and Gunston to come back as well.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I doubt Sicily plays a lockdown role much with Hartigan and Frost there. The last couple of games they played this year their backline looked like this.

View attachment 1302521

Looking at this Sicily will come in for O'brien(Traded) Back pocket and probably Impey for Burgoyne HBF.
Then there is still Jiath,Will Day and DGB all similar types fighting to get in the team.
I don't think I would be picking many Hawks players especially with Bruest and Gunston to come back as well.
Hardwick (lockdown small), Frost/Hartigan, Sicily (intercept/rebound).
Jiath, DGB, Scrimshaw/Impey (other on bench)

Day on a wing. Scrimshaw likely plays more wing/mid.

Hardwick (lockdown small), Frost/Hartigan, Sicily (intercept/rebound).
Jiath, DGB, Scrimshaw/Impey (other on bench)

Day on a wing. Scrimshaw likely plays more wing/mid.

What about Howe,Bramble and Gunston?

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So they ALL play so who comes out?
Howe might but he also played last time, there's no out. Ceglar played, TOB played so they're out for Gunston and Sic most likely.

Bramble played and Silk is also out.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think people forget how bloody good he was, he'd of averaged 110+ easily in 2020 if he hadn't been moved forward and gotten injured, he was an AA calibre player from 18-20 as arguably the best defender in the comp, he could defend any height, he was intercepting and rebounding at an above elite level and his efficiency in doing so was unreal.

At his price he's a lock for me and Sam has said he will only play him as a defender, laughed at the prospect of him being forward.
I have him currently but at D4. It was more a comment around the number of defensive rookies you are planning on having on field if he’s D3.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have him currently but at D4. It was more a comment around the number of defensive rookies you are planning on having on field if he’s D3.
I'm having 3 Premo DEF, 3 Rookie.

5 Premo mids.

2 Big Boy Rucks

1 Premo FWD, 1 TT (so like not premo but not mid pricer) and a mid price kinda in Cogs.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So Rookies @ D4,D5,D6,F4,F5 & F6 enjoy Donut City!
What... Clearly i'll not closer to the start of the year about what rookies but i'm not gonna have no options at D4,D5,D6,F4,F5,F6...

View attachment 1302521

From that side gunston comes in for hanrahan (delisted) and ceglar out for one of lynch or reeves.

Broar

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What... Clearly i'll not closer to the start of the year about what rookies but i'm not gonna have no options at D4,D5,D6,F4,F5,F6...
All I'm saying is good luck, you had people running 4 premos in defence last season with Highmore at D5 and even that was carnage. Now try doing that from D4 & F4, maybe the rookies will come but when was the last time you could run that many?

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
All I'm saying is good luck, you had people running 4 premos in defence last season with Highmore at D5 and even that was carnage. Now try doing that from D4 & F4, maybe the rookies will come but when was the last time you could run that many?
Maybe we wont know for a while.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

A number of the better teams started with 5 Def premo's last year. One kenty here even started with a 6 premo Def set up. I started with 4 def premo's as well as Laird who alternated between D5 & M5 pending rookie selections/ looped E scores in the early rounds. Defence was the first line I completed.

A number of the better teams started with 5 Def premo's last year. One kenty here even started with a 6 premo Def set up. I started with 4 def premo's as well as Laird who alternated between D5 & M5 pending rookie selections/ looped E scores in the early rounds. Defence was the first line I completed.

Defence is the hardest line to start and SP Laird Def/Mid last year made life much easier. Next year the 2 only good DPP's are Crisp and Whitfield but neither are SP's but Whitfield has the higher ceiling and comes with more risks. His last 7 games went 81,32,146,87,107,81,68 I am staying away from him next year he is trouble.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Defence is the hardest line to start and SP Laird Def/Mid last year made life much easier. Next year the 2 only good DPP's are Crisp and Whitfield but neither are SP's but Whitfield has the higher ceiling and comes with more risks. His last 7 games went 81,32,146,87,107,81,68 I am staying away from him next year he is trouble.

If I end up starting 4x SPs + 4 Rookies in the Mids and 5x premo Defs, then one of the premo Defs has to have DPP to swing to M5 when need be. That DPP could end up being Whitfield, Crisp or maybe even Hewitt depending on how he goes in the practice games.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
If he's playing midfield then does that mean Crisp stays in defense? The Pies probably one of them in the back line?
Will be interesting with a new Coach how COLL setup .....Howe back helps

Agree though, it's a big watch over PS

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
If he's playing midfield then does that mean Crisp stays in defense? The Pies probably one of them in the back line?

They might not play in the mid together (they might), but Crisp will be in the mids at least as much as Maynard is.

Our small and medium defenders will be Quaynor, Howe, Noble, Pendles, Nick Daicos, Ruscoe, Bianco.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
They might not play in the mid together (they might), but Crisp will be in the mids at least as much as Maynard is.

Our small and medium defenders will be Quaynor, Howe, Noble, Pendles, Nick Daicos, Ruscoe, Bianco.
I'm seeing a lot of positivity for Chugg on the COLL site .....what's his prospects like Ingy ?

Back