FMJ0F5IVgAMd3BX

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Will Kelly likely?

Probably not.

Kreuger will be in front of him as a KPF - I expect Kreuger and Cameron to play the posts, and Mihocek to play third tall which he will love.

At the other end, Roughead and Moore are in front and I can see Dean getting a go back there before Kelly does.

I think Kelly will be in the VFL for at least the first part of the season.

In any case, he wouldn't be scoring particularly well. De Koning and Skinner (if he gets a go) are better options as 123k DEF/FWDs IMO

Sherman41

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2006
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
Probably not.

Kreuger will be in front of him as a KPF - I expect Kreuger and Cameron to play the posts, and Mihocek to play third tall which he will love.

At the other end, Roughead and Moore are in front and I can see Dean getting a go back there before Kelly does.

I think Kelly will be in the VFL for at least the first part of the season.

In any case, he wouldn't be scoring particularly well. De Koning and Skinner (if he gets a go) are better options as 123k DEF/FWDs IMO

Im a little more bullish on Kelly, I think he has tremendous upside and fits the demographic we need to be exposing to AFL football as often as possible. 100% needs to earn his spot though. Injuries have crippled him so far.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Aaron Hall might be a few points underpriced.

After missing round 6 through injury, think it was a concussion from round 5 he averaged 111.2 to the round 12 bye. After the bye he averaged 117.5.

Got a one year contract extension and can't see his role changing.

Priced at 105, worth considering.

Aaron Hall may as well have done an ACL in round 23 as far as i'm concerned. Won't be considering whatsoever at his price.
This will be his 10th season. He's averaged over 92 once before the season just gone. Much like Luke McDonald last year, I want more consistency from a veteran player than 1 season as a 'premium' to be forking out that much cash straight up. McDonald ultimately proved that correct in 2021.

If Hall is the number 1 ranked defender come the byes i'll happily eat my words and find a way to bring him in. I'm just not convinced yet.

Apr 7, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Gday Community and Happy New Year! Been stalking the pages for a couple of days and seeing Sicily in a lot of teams. I would have thought he would need to carve up preseason and have a defined role to be considered with a new coach and lots of good young players emerging. Is he a must have at that price or is it more likely he doesn't cut it as a top 10 defender?

Will be interesting to watch Witherden at WCE. Was always going to be a 'wait til thigh lord retires and he's first picked' situation - however, with Sheppard forced into early retirement he could be a shrewd selection at 471k.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Gday Community and Happy New Year! Been stalking the pages for a couple of days and seeing Sicily in a lot of teams. I would have thought he would need to carve up preseason and have a defined role to be considered with a new coach and lots of good young players emerging. Is he a must have at that price or is it more likely he doesn't cut it as a top 10 defender?

Will be interesting to watch Witherden at WCE. Was always going to be a 'wait til thigh lord retires and he's first picked' situation - however, with Sheppard forced into early retirement he could be a shrewd selection at 471k.
Isn't Witherden a small chol'd kent though? Seems a lot to pay for a risk. Would much rather taking a punt on Sic-dawg or Hewett for less $.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
I dont trust players that move to Carlton to play in a position where they couldn't get a gig in their previous team. Carlton frequently raids second rate players.
Well you could say the exact same thing about Witherden couldn't you?

Jeremy Howe?

Jack Bowes anyone?

More mid minutes apparently training with the mids this preseason..

Jack Bowes anyone?

I had him first half of last year he gets moved around too much. He would be a big risk at $450k the Suns have a lot of "Midfielders"

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Jack Bowes anyone?

Correct. He's been training with the mids and it appears that's where Dew wants to play him this season. As I see it, he's up against Miller Rowell Swallow Fiorini Constable and to a lesser degree, Anderson and Davies, for a centre spot in the 22. And there's also a chance we take Freeman in the Supplementary Draft.

Too much of a risk at $450k for me.....

Correct. He's been training with the mids and it appears that's where Dew wants to play him this season. As I see it, he's up against Miller Rowell Swallow Fiorini Constable and to a lesser degree, Anderson and Davies, for a centre spot in the 22. And there's also a chance we take Freeman in the Supplementary Draft.

Too much of a risk at $450k for me.....
He’s better than Constable that’s one you can remove.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jack Bowes anyone?

He only averaging 110+ in the first third of last season because he was taking a large chunk of the kickouts. Was splitting kick out duties with Wil Powell. By the time he got back from his injury in Rd13 that kick out role was gone. I'm don't believe he's of the same class as someone like Mills from Sydney who can move from HB to Mids and go 110+ right away or at all. Mills was a gun inside mid at Jnr level where as Bowes was more outside, I can see wing being his role going forward. He's fairly quick with decent kicking skills and a good overhead mark, but 90-95 average might be his ceiling in an outside-mid role imo.

Oct 25, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Im a little more bullish on Kelly, I think he has tremendous upside and fits the demographic we need to be exposing to AFL football as often as possible. 100% needs to earn his spot though. Injuries have crippled him so far.

If Bucks were coach I would be more bullish on Kelly, however I’m hoping McRae will not gift any games and therefore Kelly is a watch only. I’ve also heard rumours that he’s a bit soft but haven’t seen that materialise in his limited opportunities. Time will tell.

Back