List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe because if the VFL team finishes last, then scope for improvement in the following years would be severely affected.

Ruckman or no ruck we are not coming last in the VFL anyway at worst we come 6th or whatever.

Ruckman or no ruck we are not coming last in the VFL anyway at worst we come 6th or whatever.
There are 3 problems with this:

1) You don't have someone developing, outside of McAndrew, to ruck in seniors in case of injury/suspension to Ladhams in 2024. This can be resolved by picking up a mature ager next year, but we'd have to just take what we can get and isn't a long term solution.

2) Not having a main ruck in the VFL hinders team development. If you're weaker in the ruck and only rucking part timers, or a top up (where the quality ones are more likely to go to a non AFL aligned club), then your mids and by extension, the whole team are impacted.

3) If you have to play more of Amartey or McLean in the ruck, it impacts their development/form as forwards, which is where we've been trying to play them, and where they would play in seniors.

Ideally, we wouldn't have lost Sincs, and have Hickey/Ladhams as less than consistent with injury/suspensions, at the same time, and whoever we draft probably isn't going to blitz the league, but a draftee (particularly one like Barnett) would probably automatically become the best ruck at the level and our best option.

Kicking long to contests is literally our MO though, so maybe that's what may attract him to us.

And I'm not being facetious btw. We fans bemoan long bombing but in this day and age it is by far the most proven method of fast, attacking ball movement, so long as a) actual territory is covered and it's not just a lofty helicopter kick, and b) you have the players ahead of the ball who can win those contests.

If Cowan ends up a gun player, he will be the first to seek a trade to Tassie would not touch

Twomey must be mad if he's picking the Pies to take a running HB over Barnett in the first round. Has he heard of Daicos?

What about Rhys Stanley? Scott Lycett? Toby Nankervis? Jordan Roughead?

We won one with Pyke too

Yeah rucks can be important but they aren’t the only important thing. Getting another KPF (Jefferson) probably more important or a defender albeit we addressed this in the trade (Francis)

We won one with Pyke too

Yeah rucks can be important but they aren’t the only important thing. Getting another KPF (Jefferson) probably more important or a defender albeit we addressed this in the trade (Francis)
Those other guys aren't worthy of putting maple syrup on Pyke's poutine. But seriously, Mummy wasn't a minor character.

We've nominated Edwards and getting Francis, at least means we'll have 1 or 2 KPDs developing in VFL/as backup from 2024 onwards. We don't have have that in the ruck (outside of a very raw McAndrew) or KPF. I think we have more options around playing Heeney as forward target (among others), than say just playing Amartey as solo ruck if needed. That's why ruck shades KPF, but if we were to trade up to get Jefferson and we got a ruck with later pick/rookie, I certainly wouldn't complain.

Those other guys aren't worthy of putting maple syrup on Pyke's poutine.

We've nominated Edwards and getting Francis, at least means we'll have 1 or 2 KPDs developing in VFL/as backup from 2024 onwards. We don't have have that in the ruck (outside of a very raw McAndrew) or KPF. I think we have more options around playing Heeney as forward target (among others), than say just playing Amartey as solo ruck if needed. That's why ruck shades KPF, but if we were to trade up to get Jefferson and we got a ruck with later pick/rookie, I certainly wouldn't complain.

You’d assume the trade up would be for Jefferson I still doubt Carlton go for it. Seems unders based off other upgrades. I’m expecting us to take pick 14 and flip 17 either down or to next year gut says they want to flip it to 2023

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're saying we could turn him into a Weller pick and get a Number 2 draft pick for him? :oops::thumbsu:

Got to love GC and their charity not sure what’s worse that one or this years Geelong charity

They'll also be armed with heaps of draft picks though, and it might be at a time when we want them.

Maybe but I'm not sure it's a great idea to develop a player only for them to come knocking. Why not take someone that won't go to Tassie and there are so many of them

Maybe but I'm not sure it's a great idea to develop a player only for them to come knocking. Why not take someone that won't go to Tassie and there are so many of them

From Melbourne?
From Adelaide?
Perth?

Who's to say they won't want to go home? At least with a Tassie kid you'd know they have to spend draft picks, as opposed to the others who won't have draft picks to spend.

From Melbourne?
From Adelaide?
Perth?

Who's to say they won't want to go home? At least with a Tassie kid you'd know they have to spend draft picks, as opposed to the others who won't have draft picks to spend.

Not even sure if Cowan is worth it in the first place, would much rather Hotton or Hustwaite at least, and that's not including the tall alternatives. Not sure Tassie would hand over pick 2-3 for him lol

Melb are supposedly pushing hard to move up the draft. If they do this is probably a good thing for us.

For whatever reason a lot of clubs aren't looking at Jefferson except Melb and us. We have some project defenders we can take, but I'm not aware of many project forwards available late

Hey everyone.

Just wondering if you think the team would be open to a trade something like this with WCE

WCE Give: 26/20 & Future Second (Going on this years ladder position it’s pick 20)

Swans Give: 14/17

Melb are supposedly pushing hard to move up the draft. If they do this is probably a good thing for us.

For whatever reason a lot of clubs aren't looking at Jefferson except Melb and us. We have some project defenders we can take, but I'm not aware of many project forwards available late
Has it been confirmed we're into Jefferson?

Hey everyone.

Just wondering if you think the team would be open to a trade something like this with WCE

WCE Give: 26/20 & Future Second (Going on this years ladder position it’s pick 20)

Swans Give: 14/17

Doubt it although it’s not that far off. I’m not against the nice doubt WCE will as their F2 is in the top 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back