List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great new title.
Well done to whichever of you mods deserves the credit. :thumbsupv1:

For posterity;

2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!​

:clapping: Ticky009

I'm feeling OK about the draft choices. 5 Kids that won't be ready for at least a year or 2 by which time Lloyd and Cunningham will have moved on and will need replacing. Can't expect first year recruits so far down the draft order to play in their first year, although one or 2 might get a taste. Happy with the project ruck and Will Edwards who has significant raw ability.

Obviously a lot of faith being shown in Ladhams, Amartey, McLean, Gould and McDonald to improve and consolidate their positions. Together with expected improvement in the young brigade we should be highly competitive again next year and in the years to come.

A significant difference to the list from last year is that almost all the listed players in the VFL side have realistic chances of becoming senior players in the future, rather than being list cloggers.

Overall, a healthier list.

The Gold Coast baffle me as a football club.

Traded out Jack Bowes to free up cap space. Of course they also decided to give away pick 7 at the same time.

OK freed up cap space, money to pay their star youngsters when they come out of contract.
Pick 7 a high price to pay, but at least a strategic move.

And then...
trade for Ben Long & Tom Berry
draft Connor Blakey & Jake Stein
and apparently have now committed to take Jed Anderson as a SPP.

So basically they've used Bowes money to bring in 5 fringe players (even allowing for the rookie salary cap discount).
Not sure how that will help their salary cap.
Sure you could argue 5 players for 1.

If you choose to ignore them also dumping pick 7.

They previously effectively let players such as Lyons, Martin & 2MP walk out the door without any compo.

A club without a soul, without supporters and in my opinion a club without a clue.

Last edited:
2023 Draft & Trade hypotheticals has been created & locked.

You can find all of next season picks in the Picks & Points tab of the spreadsheet

2023 Draft & Trade hypotheticals has been created & locked.

You can find all of next season picks in the Picks & Points tab of the spreadsheet

Why is the thread locked? It's never to early to start discussing.

Why is the thread locked? It's never to early to start discussing.
Yeah, but it's just going to be:

1. me immediately saying "KPF! KPF!"
2. LukeParkerno1 saying "best available" at our first 5 picks (since we have 5 in the first 3 rounds now I think)
3. A repeat argument between 1 and 2
4. some people saying it's worthless trying to try to guess what Kinnear will do
5. some people trawling through the players likely to be rated between 40 to not drafted, to see who we'll actually draft
6. some people who'll just say it doesn't matter and the club never makes mistakes, so let's not think about it

Yeah, but it's just going to be:

1. me immediately saying "KPF! KPF!"
2. LukeParkerno1 saying "best available" at our first 5 picks (since we have 5 in the first 3 rounds now I think)
3. A repeat argument between 1 and 2
4. some people saying it's worthless trying to try to guess what Kinnear will do
5. some people trawling through the players likely to be rated between 40 to not drafted, to see who we'll actually draft
6. some people who'll just say it doesn't matter and the club never makes mistakes, so let's not think about it

Hey I had a tall as best available be fair. I just wanted Konstanty more my man lol

Draft & Trade threads are can be found on the Draft/Trade Boards. March is plenty of time for everyone to start talking about it here.

So that's when the yearly "Get Dusty" start up or as Ticky puts it "here we go again trade"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So that's when the yearly "Get Dusty" start up or as Ticky puts it "here we go again trade"
I'm going with the nickname "Jaiden Magorey" so I can pretend that we've already got a gun, powerful, dynamic mid/fwd (until he becomes that, which he will) and never have to think about JDG again, as well as Dusty.

Wicks missed due to COVID protocol IIRC.
Lloyd and Warner missed Round 1, Wicks played. They would have forced Sheldrick out though (as they did by Round 2, plus an injured JMac), we would have just shuffled things around. Campbell or Stephens probably would have missed Round 1 as well, along with Sheldrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back