List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
18 is too young, needs to be some sort of state league system to bring take top talent from 18-21. Would improve the worth of draft picks and help kids that don't want to move straight after high school.

And anyone that points out x player that performed well (such as Gulden or Daicos), that's the exception, and I think as a professional body it'll be a way more solid system than what is currently in place.
Just don't have the college system that keeps them busy from 18-20.

Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
18 is too young, needs to be some sort of state league system to bring take top talent from 18-21. Would improve the worth of draft picks and help kids that don't want to move straight after high school.

And anyone that points out x player that performed well (such as Gulden or Daicos), that's the exception, and I think as a professional body it'll be a way more solid system than what is currently in place.
Would make the state leagues stronger and they'd attract more talent and viewers.

Would ensure draft picks are more likely to come good. Less guess work.

Allows more fairytale stories of kids trialling and getting through the state leagues.

Would create a stronger semi pro level.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
The time this draft takes....

This Is Stupid Basketball Wives GIF by VH1
Season 3 Waiting GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Lets Go Waiting GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
kill me now matthew perry GIF

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Just don't have the college system that keeps them busy from 18-20.
We have state leagues, which would make the state leagues better (imagine Warner, Gulden, Daicos, as so on going at it), and means 18 year olds won't have to move too young against their will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Cadman looks like a good kid, hope he doesn't go to a random Melbourne club in 4 years.

Bloods86

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Everton, Socceroos
I posted last week that this was a myth. He was early 20s in the main ones.

Where? Cal had him sliding to 30 for Melbourne and 43 for Hawthorn.
Twomey's November (final) form guide had him at 21, picked at 23 in his mock draft.

Seems to be some revisionism about a player who might have been great if not for injury.

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Can someone fill me in with what happened with Clarkson and Fagan? Are they just going to keep working until we figure out what's happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back