List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think the elephant in the room regarding our list is the ruck. Hickey looks to be on his last legs and I doubt he can go beyond the end of next year, as good as he's been. Sinclair is past it, likely to retire. Naismith is broken and at 30, if we re-sign him, we have rocks in our heads. McAndrew is raw, looks promising but seems to spend big chunks of time out of action due to injury already. Not too sure how robust the stringbean is. Which really only leaves Ladhams as last man standing. As promising as he is, Pete is a bit of a loose cannon, hence why Port were happy to see him walk.

With all that, I think we need to sign a ruck. Not break the bank on a Grundy but I think Meek could be a possibility given Freo are getting Jackson or one of Flynn or Briggs, especially if GWS land Grundy.
I said this 4 weeks ago and was ridiculed.

Max King must be pretty pissed off at St Kilda for rejecting Matthew Lloyd's offer to help him with his goalkicking. If he is unhappy with them, he'd be more than welcome to come to the Swans instead.

As for Horne-Francis, he has a bit of an attitude problem at North. A change of scenery away from the media spotlight could do him the world of good. He'd be more than welcome to come to the Swans instead.

Oh and Tarryn Thomas? Another highly talented kid who is disgruntled with North. A fresh start could be just the thing he needs. He'd be more than welcome to come to the Swans instead.

Use any draft picks necessary to acquire the above three. All under 22s. Rebuild complete. Now where do I sign for our list management job?

Not sure why, another ruck makes perfect sense. It's just a matter of whether we recruit via the draft or trade. We could make a bid for Madden the GWS academy ruck.
4 players who can play ruck is enough.

We'll have Ladhams, Hickey, Reid and McAndrew on the list with Amartey and McLean able to pinch in if needed. I wouldn't be bringing in another ruck when we're thin in other areas.

Max King must be pretty pissed off at St Kilda for rejecting Matthew Lloyd's offer to help him with his goalkicking. If he is unhappy with them, he'd be more than welcome to come to the Swans instead.
HF: Hayward - McDonald - Heeney
FF: Amartey - King - Papley

With Gulden, Clarke rotating through... Geez we'd be tough to beat in the air

As for Horne-Francis, he has a bit of an attitude problem at North. A change of scenery away from the media spotlight could do him the world of good. He'd be more than welcome to come to the Swans instead.

Oh and Tarryn Thomas? Another highly talented kid who is disgruntled with North. A fresh start could be just the thing he needs. He'd be more than welcome to come to the Swans instead.

Use any draft picks necessary to acquire the above three. All under 22s. Rebuild complete. Now where do I sign for our list management job?
This board melts about our goal kicking enough without introducing King and his epic yips.

HF: Hayward - McDonald - Heeney
FF: Amartey - King - Papley

With Gulden, Clarke rotating through... Geez we'd be tough to beat in the air
No thanks. High priced (in salary & picks), crap kick of the footy. Why would we want him?
If you haven't learned how to kick straight by 21, it's just not in you IMHO.
Plus he looks like Groucho Marx. Or maybe Snidely Whiplash...

marx.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t need anymore mid sized forwards obviously unless they turn Hayward into a mid but I really like that Ollie Henry
Can't see Hayward being anything but a medium forward.

He feels destined to be that one player in every premiership team who opposition fans forget was part of it, but it matters little what opposition fans will think if he just keeps turning up and putting in his 1-2 goals and contributing to a few others.

I have my qualms with him but he's been held goalless only twice this whole season, which is the kind of consistency he needs since he'll likely never be prolific.

Can't see Hayward being anything but a medium forward.

He feels destined to be that one player in every premiership team who opposition fans forget was part of it, but it matters little what opposition fans will think if he just keeps turning up and putting in his 1-2 goals and contributing to a few others.

I have my qualms with him but he's been held goalless only twice this whole season, which is the kind of consistency he needs since he'll likely never be prolific.
I think medium forward is the hardest position to fill. Not tall enough for the big guys and to tall for the smalls mopping up.
He has sticky hands, he marks at the highest point, he hammers guys in tackles, he chases and has times where he goes from contest to contest. He is a two way runner and helps out in defense.
Very underrated on here. Star.

I think medium forward is the hardest position to fill. Not tall enough for the big guys and to tall for the smalls mopping up.
He has sticky hands, he marks at the highest point, he hammers guys in tackles, he chases and has times where he goes from contest to contest. He is a two way runner and helps out in defense.
Agreed Rusty. I watched him closely in our game against North. He was great on receiving some exit kicks and further down the line. As you said, he has sticky hands and I think he's been playing very well for us.

4 players who can play ruck is enough.

We'll have Ladhams, Hickey, Reid and McAndrew on the list with Amartey and McLean able to pinch in if needed. I wouldn't be bringing in another ruck when we're thin in other areas.
Reid and Hickey will be both gone in 2 years. Rucks take time. Now is the time to get more.

Agreed. I think he gets a pretty rough run on here. Had a great season IMO.

Ralph carr tweeted a post about dusty and tagged afl nsw ....must be running out of clicks
He's running out of players too.
Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli have both jumped ship this year.
And to different management companies as well, so not as if they were poached by the one organization.

Notice he also tagged traderadio.
He's working the Dusty to NSW angle for all it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back