List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

To some extent. Essendon are a hopeless club and Francis came in at a bad time. Bit of maturity, fresh start, good work environment and good leadership etc I can see him turning it around.

But it's obviously a risk, we are giving up very little for him so the expectation shouldn't be that he will kill it.

Yep i hope people at least will give him a chance on here remember Paddy? we were writing him off before he took the field.

IF it doesn't work out so be it nothing lost right.

Open market is just insanity not to long ago 700k meant bringing in a A grader from another club.
You've got clubs sitting on COVID Trade money because the last two years has seen very little activity, some clubs have cash to burn.
North is one which is overinflating the player market.

And then you have 'hero' Tarranto being lauded for taking a pay cut to get to the Tigers.
While the Cats after winning a GF can some how manage to consume 3 top 20 players after recruiting Cameron and still remain under the cap.

There are only two teams that made a Grand Final yet many of you are whinging about teams below us trading players between each other.

Brisbane got Daniher and it was supposed to be a game changer.
If tarranto and hoper were going here it would be a different story. They are good bloody players

Dunkley is a gun , Gunston is 32 yer but a big game player. Smith just won a norm smith at 33 and flogged the best young crop in afl according to this board

Pies have stuffed up

Cats just won the flag with ease , will get Henry pick 7 and a top 10 pick like Francis
And they all have to displace someone in their teams. I am just saying nothing is guaranteed. We have gone from retiring players at 31 to lauding Geelongs and talking up 32year olds moving clubs.
The likes of Dunkley are guns but seen as expendable by their sides.

At the end of the day only Geelong and Sydney made the Grand Final and all those that didn’t are shuffling deck chairs (and overpaying players in some cases). It guarantees nothing and waxing lyrical about how bad we are whilst ignoring that the same list managers have taken us from down the bottom to 2019/20 to almost the top of the hill by 2022 by largely going to the draft and then making out they don’t know what they’re doing and we are the ones missing out (after declaring ourselves losers in previous trade periods where the so called winners largely finished below us this year…).

Just doesn’t make sense to me. Each to their own.

Cats are getting henry (first rounder), bruhn (first rounder), bowes (first rounders) and pick 7
And we are getting Francis, a first rounder, which is deemed irrelevant in his case but pertinent for these players?

There are only two teams that made a Grand Final yet many of you are whinging about teams below us trading players between each other.

Brisbane got Daniher and it was supposed to be a game changer.

And they all have to displace someone in their teams. I am just saying nothing is guaranteed. We have gone from retiring players at 31 to lauding Geelongs and talking up 32year olds moving clubs.
The likes of Dunkley are guns but seen as expendable by their sides.

At the end of the day only Geelong and Sydney made the Grand Final and all those that didn’t are shuffling deck chairs (and overpaying players in some cases). It guarantees nothing and waxing lyrical about how bad we are whilst ignoring that the same list managers have taken us from down the bottom to 2019/20 to almost the top of the hill by 2022 by largely going to the draft and then making out they don’t know what they’re doing and we are the ones missing out (after declaring ourselves losers in previous trade periods where the so called winners largely finished below us this year…).

Just doesn’t make sense to me. Each to their own.
Not sure dogs are happy with there expendable bnf winner wanting to leave.

Think tarranto and hooper will put put Richmond back in the 4 imo

Port will be back in the 8 next season also Imo

Each to there own

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody late firsts....
I imagine they'll trade this year's first for either bruhn or Henry, their future for the other one ans a second for bowes and 7.

Where it gets tricky for them is that if I were them I'd get bruhn and Henry done before bowes. If they get bowes done they will be made to split 7 at least to satisfy them.

Getting Henry ans bruhn done ensures they get to keep 7 and draft the local geelomg boy

This article is from 2017 but still relevant and a good read prior to this year's draft.

Should have it on the media thread and not this crap

I imagine they'll trade this year's first for either bruhn or Henry, their future for the other one ans a second for bowes and 7.

Where it gets tricky for them is that if I were them I'd get bruhn and Henry done before bowes. If they get bowes done they will be made to split 7 at least to satisfy them.

Getting Henry ans bruhn done ensures they get to keep 7 and draft the local geelomg boy
Absolute bonanza for the premier.
Incredible really.

You've got clubs sitting on COVID Trade money because the last two years has seen very little activity, some clubs have cash to burn.
North is one which is overinflating the player market.

And then you have 'hero' Tarranto being lauded for taking a pay cut to get to the Tigers.
While the Cats after winning a GF can some how manage to consume 3 top 20 players after recruiting Cameron and still remain under the cap.
hero?

Not sure dogs are happy with there expendable bnf winner wanting to leave.

Think tarranto and hooper will put put Richmond back in the 4 imo

Port will be back in the 8 next season also Imo

Each to there own
Eh. You can all be negative and talk up our opponents chances and how hopeless we are.

I’ll concentrate on our superb drafting record and the fact that despite all these others teams winning trade periods and us coming up short resulted in us making a Grand Final whilst most of the others watched from home. No reason not to trust our list management team.

If top players won’t come to us at reasonable prices then I am more than happy to continue with the current strategy which absolutely seems to be moving us in the right direction.

Eh. You can all be negative and talk up our opponents chances and how hopeless we are.

I’ll concentrate on our superb drafting record and the fact that despite all these others teams winning trade periods and us coming up short resulted in us making a Grand Final whilst most of the others watched from home. No reason not to trust our list management team.

If top players won’t come to us at reasonable prices then I am more than happy to continue with the current strategy which absolutely seems to be moving us in the right direction.
Haven’t been negative on us , just don’t wanna sit back and watch others pull of best 22 players. Shits me

We were Miles short and doesn’t mean we are back there next season

Cats just won by 81 and recruiting still

Don’t clubs need to use two first round draft picks over a 4 year period?

Last one was 2020, none in 2021. If they trade their firsts this year then surely they have to have one in 2023?

Could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back