List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Degoey would be on the cheap , we had a crack few years.

Yes his off field isn’t the greatest but get him out of spotlight

The no dickhead policy doesn’t matter cause ladhams was apparently not the greatest off field amd we new about , got mentioned yesterday again
The no d***head policy does matter.

We have built a club spirit that doesn’t need d***heads jeopardising it.

Last time we brought in a dubious character (Talia), it burned us.

And the jury is currently still out on Ladhams. Both as a player and as a character. If an opponent had done that to one of our players, we’d all be howling about how much we hate said player.

I hope Ladhams succeeds.

But De Goey is a bridge too far.

Regarding the no dickheads policy, I wonder what defines a dickhead?

Is a dickhead someone like Steven May, a brilliant, fair, disciplined player who performs his role, plays selfless footy, sticks to what he is good at on the field, and then turns into a drunken, antagonistic mess off the field?

Or is a dickhead someone who is disciplined, well-behaved, dedicated off the field, but plays arrogant, entitled, ill-disciplined and self-centred footy that sets poor examples and doesn't help the team function on the field?

Because I reckon we've seemingly tried to steer clear of the former, but might have ended up with a fair few of the latter.

(FWIW I think De Goey is both, so it'd be a hard pass for me.)

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Regarding the no dickheads policy, I wonder what defines a dickhead?

Is a dickhead someone like Steven May, a brilliant, fair, disciplined player who performs his role, plays selfless footy, sticks to what he is good at on the field, and then turns into a drunken, antagonistic mess off the field?

Or is a dickhead someone who is disciplined, well-behaved, dedicated off the field, but plays arrogant, entitled, ill-disciplined and self-centred footy that sets poor examples and doesn't help the team function on the field?

Because I reckon we've seemingly tried to steer clear of the former, but might have ended up with a fair few of the latter.

(FWIW I think De Goey is both, so it'd be a hard pass for me.)
I define it as being selfish.

Those who put themselves before the team - usually through acts involving drugs, alcohol, violence, or a combination of the three.

I define it as being selfish.

Those who put themselves before the team - usually through acts involving drugs, alcohol, violence, or a combination of the three.

But I guess my question is, can a dickhead also be defined by how they play on the field?

Is getting involved in drugs, alcohol or violence off the field but putting that all aside to be what the team needs you to be on the field any more or less selfish than doing all the right things off the field but then not helping the team with your play on the field?

Edit: I realise it's probably more selfish, because if you get suspended a la May or Smith then you can't help the team in any capacity at all. But you kinda get the question I was raising still...

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
Be going after a gun mid

Be going for someone from the dogs

Get smith out of the spotlight of Melbourne

Wrong target IMO.

Tom Green for all our firsts this and next year would 100% be worth it.

Would we get him. Probably not.

Do I want Smith. No

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Aim should be for another KPD to free Paddy to play the 3rd/4th main defender role where he can focus on intercept marking. I like the chemistry between the mccartin twins and blakey. We need players to add to it, think Florent would be good in defence, it suits his skillset. I also like Fox in defence for his ability to play tall/small & another mature player.

Hoping we have something similar to this established for next year

Fox McCartin McCartin
Florent (Legit KPD) Blakey

Rampe/Cunningham/Gould/O'Riordan/Lloyd (if he's still with us)

Assume we run a 7 man defence (one on the interchange), we'll have 2/3 spots up for grabs.

Mikevk123

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
You guys should let Lloyd go and look at Hopper. He’s exactly what your midfield needs.

Aaron Francis you could probably pick up as a DFA. He’s an intercept defender who’s been wasted by us due to Ridley.

Wheresbuddy

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
You guys should let Lloyd go and look at Hopper. He’s exactly what your midfield needs.

Aaron Francis you could probably pick up as a DFA. He’s an intercept defender who’s been wasted by us due to Ridley.
Mate you speak alot sense for a bombers fan (only joking 😂). I agree with your first paragraph for sure. Hopper would add some much needed grunt. Lloyd is surplus to our current style and needs. Francis I'm not too certain about as we do have Paddy to play the intercept role.

Mikevk123

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Mate you speak alot sense for a bombers fan (only joking 😂). I agree with your first paragraph for sure. Hopper would add some much needed grunt. Lloyd is surplus to our current style and needs. Francis I'm not too certain about as we do have Paddy to play the intercept role.

Francis would be a break glass option considering Paddy’s history. Excelled for us when he played his natural position.

McRobie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I was an advocate for giving degoey a shot, but after his latest incidents he’s proven he’s dumb as dog poo, gtfo idiot.

Just can't see Francis coming he's likely to go home to SA anyway. I like the Hopper target though

I was an advocate for giving degoey a shot, but after his latest incidents he’s proven he’s dumb as dog poo, gtfo idiot.

I'd still target him, elite players don't grow on trees.

dosser

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
You pick up Degoey and you end up picking up the pieces for years to come.
We would have players on our list who would be disappointed because if we bring him in, we take away part of the salary cap that they would hope to get more of a share in, as well as having to spend time with him in the locker room.
Ask Jeremy Howe what it's like being his teammate.

You pick up Degoey and you end up picking up the pieces for years to come.

If he brings us closer to a flag, I'm targeting him, especially if we can get him at a basement price when he'd usually cost a kings ransom.

Olian

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
Between the Bridges
AFL Club
Sydney
He is elite in clearances, metres gained and score involvements. This year has been his best and most consistent.

However, he’s also elite in making some poor off field choices. Not that hard to put the camera away while in Bali.

Don’t think he would be cheap $$$ wise. He’d benefit from the anonymity in Sydney.

Last edited:

Pass on Francis. Unreliable.

He came for a bargain trade then 100 I personally would have him

Guy is a gun and showing this year on field what he can do

Has made Top Ten in the Pies B&F just twice. Would not touch him with a barge pole as a player and certainly not as a person.

Has made Top Ten in the Pies B&F just twice. Would not touch him with a barge pole as a player and certainly not as a person.
How many has heeney in top 10?

Let’s talk on field and this year he is showing what he can do.

I don’t really give a rats about his off field , we have had players play for us that are not angels

Just get him out of spotlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back