List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That magical "we can just trade for a KPD, we'll have the draft capital" strategy isn't really working out for us is it, with Barrass and Moore re-signing (I am shocked). Looks like Paddy Mc is a godsend (so far), but we've still only got 2 quality KPDs on the list once Rampe goes. Still there's time for others to step up, we do have a pick in the MSD as well if people want to keep just drafting mids at the end of each year.

That magical "we can just trade for a KPD, we'll have the draft capital" strategy isn't really working out for us is it, with Barrass and Moore re-signing (I am shocked). Looks like Paddy Mc is a godsend (so far), but we've still only got 2 quality KPDs on the list once Rampe goes.
Should we have taken DGB after all?

He’s starting to look very, very good with the Poo n’ Wee.

Should we have taken DGB after all?

He’s starting to look very, very good with the Poo n’ Wee.
He was my favoured pick, but even I'd have gone with McDonald after North passed him up. Too early to say, I have faith in Logan.

I'd be looking at the MSD, but we'll probably go needs based which is fair enough mid season (unless there's a standout that reaches us). Need 2 of Gould, BOC or Melican to stand up by end of year or it's an area we need at least 2 pickups in.

That magical "we can just trade for a KPD, we'll have the draft capital" strategy isn't really working out for us is it, with Barrass and Moore re-signing (I am shocked). Looks like Paddy Mc is a godsend (so far), but we've still only got 2 quality KPDs on the list once Rampe goes. Still there's time for others to step up, we do have a pick in the MSD as well if people want to keep just drafting mids at the end of each year.
Dale isn’t KP size but could fill rampes role and can get for free

Looking for life after the Tigers. Buddy and Dusty are starting a recruitment firm in a joint venture with the Swans.
Imagine for a moment that Isaac Heeney said "I'm struggling, I'm not playing", then jetted down to Melbourne, hung out with bikies and was seen having coffee with Damian Hardwick & Trent Cotchin.

I think Richmond fans have cause to be getting pretty annoyed (if indeed the coffee story is true).

Imagine for a moment that Isaac Heeney said "I'm struggling, I'm not playing", then jetted down to Melbourne, hung out with bikies and was seen having coffee with Damian Hardwick & Trent Cotchin.

I think Richmond fans have cause to be getting pretty annoyed (if indeed the coffee story is true).
Imagine for a moment that coffee jetted to Sydney and hung out with bikies and replaced beer. I'd have cause for alarm in hops growing regions.

The way we view the list is clearly different to the way the Swans view the list. We see the problem but not to the same degree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Reid selection makes me think he is not a spent force.
Good cover for the big Macs.
Solid backup ruck relief.
Is a forward too.
But I just think he is a step backwards in round 3(not round 17). Does that say in this position that we are deficient?

The Reid selection makes me think he is not a spent force.
Good cover for the big Macs.
Solid backup ruck relief.
Is a forward too.
But I just think he is a step backwards in round 3(not round 17). Does that say in this position that we are deficient?
Had a good think about his selection and believe the likely reasons make sense.
1) best ruck cut out for Ladhams eases pressure on him plus some moral support.
2) playing forward improves our forward defensive pressure.
3) Better below his knees than the younger guys.
4) The young guys got in each other's way a bit (so I hear from Mexico!) and he won't do that.
So all in all, not a huge move but maybe a sensible one.

I accept as a Swans supporter,
that we're rebuilding. And we need to.

Buddy is a club great, but a glorified tall HF Flanker, with ordinary hands.
Not a Plugger Lockett as a FF, nor should be expected to be. He's brilliant in his own unique way.

Luke Parker, also a club great, but these days doesn't do it two weeks in a row. Nor does our beloved Josh Kennedy, for that matter.

So we need to think ahead, and recruit.

Although I wouldn't be going the way of Dusty, I can still understand why Coach Longmire would take the opportunity to speak to such a player.
More midfield grunt would help us enormously..

I accept as a Swans supporter,
that we're rebuilding. And we need to.

Buddy is a club great, but a glorified tall HF Flanker, with ordinary hands.
Not a Plugger Lockett as a FF, nor should be expected to be. He's brilliant in his own unique way.

Luke Parker, also a club great, but these days doesn't do it two weeks in a row. Nor does our beloved Josh Kennedy, for that matter.

So we need to think ahead, and recruit.

Although I wouldn't be going the way of Dusty, I can still understand why Coach Longmire would take the opportunity to speak to such a player.
More midfield grunt would help us enormously..

The one player I would sell the farm for is Oliver.

9 April 2022: ..North are level wth us at Q3.
North.
Hard decisions need to be made..
We'd never have favoured adventurous, hard running kids before, but now we must. ..McInerney, Florent and Blakey are the templates...Not to mention Heeney!
We must demand excellence..

Last edited:
Come on, you know I'm right Heeney2Frank, don't shoot the messenger.
Of course, our club looks after it's own. But like any successful club, we must look to the future.

Martin having coffee with Longmire and Parker

Longmire and Parker were just his mentors at the AIS academy and they're having a catch up coffee, nothing to see here

I’m reasonably happy with our kpd tandem of the mccartins. They’re solid as a rock down there. I think we need to draft one this year as coverage but it’s not as urgent as it once was

Yeah would like another player we can develop back there.

Think we are trying to build Gould to take over Ramp (he was decent in the reserves yesterday).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back