List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Longmire, the son of Sydney coach and former North forward John, is also eligible again this year. Tom's cousin, and John's nephew, Jedd Longmire, will play for the Murray Bushrangers this season.
The Swans haven't had a father-son since Tom Mitchell in 2011, but have access to Indhi Kirk, the son of club great Brett, this season

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
Looks like we have what we need.

Busslinger would be ideal in draft. Rampe replacement
Can't see that we need to trade in anyone at all. The margin of improvement is very unlikely to be worth the extra cost.
There are some likely retirements who should provide most of what we need to draft in the players we want and can get. There are few if any players that we NEED to delist. I know there are a few that are unlikely to play seniors but who are good clubmen with a role to play in keeping the VFL side strong and developing youngsters. We appear to have some good cattle coming through from the academy who I imagine are likely to be our primary targets.

Martin might in Sydney next season playing or not playing , considering his future apparently.

I wonder if we or gws would have crack , be icing on the cake and still a dam good player

I agree he'd be icing on the cake, but I imagine he'd be wanting to paid as if he is the cake.

That would be the problem and probably the biggest deterrent for us.

I agree he'd be icing on the cake, but I imagine he'd be wanting to paid as if he is the cake.

That would be the problem and probably the biggest deterrent for us.
Interesting though

I do hope he gets his mental health under control as he still has a lot to give to the game where ever he plays if thats his decision

Interesting though

I do hope he gets his mental health under control as he still has a lot to give to the game where ever he plays if thats his decision

Absolutely. Not sure he'll ever get back to his 2017-2020 best, but that's probably just as much to do with Richmond being average now as it is to do with him. Round 1 he put in a very good performance but because it wasn't a BOG game some were ready to put him in a retirement home!

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Martin might in Sydney next season playing or not playing , considering his future apparently.

I wonder if we or gws would have crack , be icing on the cake and still a dam good player
Buddy & Martin in the same team...

I don't think we should be getting our hopes up about Martin.

The guy is obviously going through grief due to his father's death. I personally think it's disgusting that Melbourne media is reporting this type of stuff.

Personally I want to see him finish his career at the Tigers and end out a single club player.

I don't want Dusty.

If the cultural fit isn't there (and none of us can possibly know that for sure), he could readily become an unwelcome distraction.

I'd be disappointed if we felt a need to take the risk.
A lot of people said that about Buddy nine odd years ago with his off field reputation.

Personally I wouldn't be fussed on Martin coming to Sydney, he's a brilliant player and even in his declining years I think he is still capable of incredible football, but I don't believe we particularly need him and the salary a player of his calibre demands would put undue salary cap pressure straight back onto us and the very real risk of not being able to keep our brilliant crop of cygnets together.

Having said that, I have such complete trust in the decision makers at our club that if they decided it was right for us, I'd be totally on board with it.

Martin would fit right in, he doesn't seem like a dickhead or anything at all like it is sometimes portrayed or assumed. I think he's pretty humble and reserved from the interviews I have seen.

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
A lot of people said that about Buddy nine odd years ago with his off field reputation.

Personally I wouldn't be fussed on Martin coming to Sydney, he's a brilliant player and even in his declining years I think he is still capable of incredible football, but I don't believe we particularly need him and the salary a player of his calibre demands would put undue salary cap pressure straight back onto us and the very real risk of not being able to keep our brilliant crop of cygnets together.

Having said that, I have such complete trust in the decision makers at our club that if they decided it was right for us, I'd be totally on board with it.
I understand the need to have some time off over a bereavement. But I’m a bit bemused that a professional on >$1M can (if the media reports are correct) say “I don’t know if I want to play anymore” and his employer is fine with it.

I’d be VERY surprised if behind closed doors, Richmond’s public statements that he can basically just come back whenever he wants reflect what is really going on.

Im sure Richmond is doing everything they can to help - but they’d need clarity pretty soon.

Regardless, I wouldn’t be chasing a player who isn’t even sure they want to keep playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back