List Mgmt. 2022 draft pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Davo-27

Thanks for the info mate. Main differences between the 3 Victorian Key Forwards in Jefferson, Elliot and Northam in this very early stages?

Geez this club is so well run at the moment, drafting a glut of hyper athletic top 30 kids this year and walking into next years draft with 2 top 25 picks at worst, plus kept our own 2nd.

Still dunno why norf gave likely pick 19 when ccj was free

Davo-27

Thanks for the info mate. Main differences between the 3 Victorian Key Forwards in Jefferson, Elliot and Northam in this very early stages?

Its too early to go into detail, Jefferson looks like a solid leading forward, played well for Vic Metro, Northam had 1 game i think for Vic Country? he looked good albeit a bit skinny at this stage and i think Elliot is a ruck that goes forward? not too sure on Elliot he is one i have not seen much of yet.

the best KPF seems to be Lemmey from SA and Keeler from SA could be good if he dedicates himself a bit more to footy.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RICHMOND​

Life after Jack Riewoldt and bolstering the midfield should be major priorities at the draft for the Tigers. And they are in a good place to do so with three picks inside the top 30 as things stand, also holding North Melbourne’s second round pick at 19. Aaron Cadman and Matthew Jefferson are the two leading key forwards in the draft pool, but both could be off the board by then, and the Tigers won’t reach for a tall. It means the Tigers may be better placed targeting a midfielder with their first pick, which brings Crows NGA prospect Isaac Keeler — an athletic ruck-forward compared to Paddy Ryder — into the frame at 19. At 12, taller inside midfield options like athletic Western Australian’s Elijah Hewett and Reuben Ginbey, and Dandenoning Stingrays midfield pair Henry Hustwaite and Mitch Syzbkowski shape as excellent additions to Richmond’s onball brigade. — Dan Batten

I looked at the tall forwards, slim pickings unfortunately. Keeler is my favorite, he's a long accurate kick with sticky hands. He's a bit too lead and mark in style and not very physical. This is a bit harsh, actually think he'll be a star.
Munkara is the other I like with our early 2nd pick. Great size, athleticism and clean skills. Plays mostly forward but seems capable of running through the midfield as well. Bit of a mystery man, hasn't played much footy this year, not sure what's happened (maybe Essendon are up to their old tricks). Could be a steal, has all the tools.

Last edited:
What happened to all the high end KPFs this year? There were 6 touted as top 20 at the start of the year. Now nothing much. Couple of good ones, like a normal year.

Anyway, we're in a nice spot. Although I expect us to lose some picks with the TT trade.

I looked at the tall forwards, slim pickings unfortunately. Keeler is my favorite, he's a long accurate kick with sticky hands. He's a bit too lead and mark in style and not very physical. This could be just a lack of strength and could be improved on but it's a risk.
Munkara is the other I like with our early 2nd pick. Great size, athleticism and clean skills. Plays mostly forward but seems capable of running through the midfield as well. Bit of a mystery man, hasn't played much footy this year, not sure what's happened (maybe Essendon are up to their old tricks). Could be a steal, has all the tools.
It's funny because this time last year all the talk was that this years draft was "stacked" with talls. A year is a long time in junior footy.

Taranto comes in via trade,
Bauer mid year draft

Outs (from start of year)
Parker, Caddy, Shedda, Lambert .

Likely delistings
Martyn
Aarts

Possible delisting/trade
RCD

That’ll leave us with 4-5 picks in the ND and RD ( unless we get more involved in the trade period than just Taranto).

Purely from a need’s basis I’d be looking at best mid with our first pick and a developing kpf/kpd for starters. Obviously it rarely works that way with sliders coming into play

Taranto comes in via trade,
Bauer mid year draft

Outs (from start of year)
Parker, Caddy, Shedda, Lambert .

Likely delistings
Martyn
Aarts

Possible delisting/trade
RCD

That’ll leave us with 4-5 picks in the ND and RD ( unless we get more involved in the trade period than just Taranto).

Purely from a need’s basis I’d be looking at best mid with our first pick and a developing kpf/kpd for starters. Obviously it rarely works that way with sliders coming into play
I'm interested to see what picks we are left with after the trade period. I was following the draft prospects a bit until the Taranto news came out. Now I don't know how many picks we'll have and what our earliest will be. Considering we only have 3 picks in the first 4 rounds and we don't seem to have any fringe players that are on the move, we might have to trade out some future picks for picks this year. Or if we think our 1R next year is less valuable than this years, and GWS think it could me more valuable to them, we could make that the main part of the Taranto trade.

I'm interested to see what picks we are left with after the trade period. I was following the draft prospects a bit until the Taranto news came out. Now I don't know how many picks we'll have and what our earliest will be. Considering we only have 3 picks in the first 4 rounds and we don't seem to have any fringe players that are on the move, we might have to trade out some future picks for picks this year. Or if we think our 1R next year is less valuable than this years, and GWS think it could me more valuable to them, we could make that the main part of the Taranto trade.
Yeah it’s too hard to get your head around this early, there’s a number of scenarios that could come into play.

I’ll be really surprised if Aarts and Martyn are still on the list next year, 40/60 on RCD, and reckon JR, Cotch and Dusty will be there next year

Personally I hope we keep next years R1 pick , listening to Cal Twomey this years draft has a real evenness to it after top 5 or 6. Back us in identifying a couple of kids with the CCJ pick and our 2R and a couple of rookies. Maybe leave a spot open for the 23 mud season draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back