soreplums

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
malvern
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox
I feel like this draft is like going to JB to buy a new TV.

what you really want is out of your range and you are indecisive with all the rest based on slightly different features.

in the end, you’ll probably be happy with what you‘ll get, but you’ll keep second guessing yourself.

what you really want is out of your range and you are indecisive with all the rest based on slightly different features.

in the end, you’ll probably be happy with what you‘ll get, but you’ll keep second guessing yourself.
Just don't end up with a Kogan.

Never go full Kogan.

Fat Jesus

Premium Platinum
Oct 22, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool

I always go the expensive option and almost always screw up until I pay it off.
When you see the best technology it is tempting.

Sep 19, 2011
Zeta Reticuli
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victory
I would be gutted if we chose those 3.

I’m warming to Huss, at 195cm and a mid might develop into a future Bont (yep big call) looks to have time and good hands

Just like in my previous posts, don’t see how we don’t pick any of the below as well, don’t want some random pick or a 22-23 yo from the Ghetto!

Barnett
Keeler
Lemmey
Van Es
Lewis

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
No, not even a little bit, others have noticed he's vanilla, one paced, doesn't intercept and his kicking is average and that's nothing like Bailey Smith.
That’s odd, because all the draft notes I’ve read about him state the complete opposite. He’s a great two way runner, excellent in the air, and great by foot.

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
How you Guys watching/Following Draft Tommorow?

I most likely watch on Stan on my PC

I always just watch Fox Footy and watch King etc. pretend he has seen the players play live.

Contemplating trying to watch via the AFL app instead. At least Cal knows the players.

18. Collingwood

Jakob Ryan (defender - Glenelg)

Another player who has long been tipped to land at one particular club, in this case the Magpies. Melbourne are the only club ahead of them who could beat them to the punch on the medium-sized defender, whose best traits are his running capacity and kicking. Small forward Charlie Clarke has also been raised as a possibility of landing at Collingwood, while ruckman Harry Barnett might be an option after Brodie Grundy’s departure and the lack of big men on the list. Ollie Hotton is more likely at one of their later picks. If no other club has bid on Jaspa Fletcher, then the Pies are considered a good chance to place a bid, while they have floated this pick to opposition clubs.

Mortimore 39ers

Assistant to the Travelling Secretary
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
There Can Be Only One
No, not even a little bit, others have noticed he's vanilla, one paced, doesn't intercept and his kicking is average and that's nothing like Bailey Smith.

1669552590917.png

Carlthetruth

Team Captain
Sep 14, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not according to Carl's draft notes;)
Instead of reading draft notes why not watch him play a game? Start with his game against Metro where he was carved up by Blake Drury who is no superstar. Very uncontested player, skinny, lacks pace and doesn't intercept, less than one a game for his state this year. Against the best kids he's been underwhelming but you rely on the draft notes.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pick 16… for mine if the two…

Clarke >Ryan

If Clarke is considered better then Konstanty… I don’t mind the X factor pressure small forward option at pick 16

Yes bought in Hill, but he’s likely to play midfield or even a Coleman like small defender role for mine

McReery also is a forward… but I’d love for them to train him up as a mid

Ryan might be available at 25… but if not then similar players in Weedle, Gruzewski would be fine for mine to fill that utility type role

Or they might overlook Clarke altogether if they are keen on Joe Richards

Can’t see them taking both though

Feb 27, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don’t like looking at SA U18s stats. Not as strong as Vic. Wasn’t poulter regularly racking up 30 poss games there…
Can’t believe people are tossing up between Ryan and Clarke for a first round pick. First round ffs. I’d even roll the dice on George at pick 1 before those two..

Feb 27, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
The fact that some clubs have traded down the order, and others potentially looking to split picks again, suggests there is some depth to this draft. Is this the common understanding
Think Kinnear Beatson explained it very well.
Said the top 7 are elite, all should be stars. All clubs obv want to be there. Then the next group of ten or so are likely to be v good players. Then into the 30’s there are also some potentially v good players, with lots of promising flankers and small forwards making up the numbers, who could progress into more prominent roles. He also said there are some exciting kids that he rates in the top 30 that Cal Twomey missed. So yes, deep… and if you miss out on top 7, there could be a kid later that you rate just as highly as a first rounder etc

Just our luck we effectively have pick 18, so need that high level slider to make Derek’s first decision an easy one. Then a bit of luck with picks 2 & 3.

He also said the first round will take a long time, because phones will be running hot from pick 4.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood

He is a good mark

King of the 15m chip kick sideways and backwards.

Been evident in nearly every video of him..

Where's the run and carry, the play on, evade, kick long to advantage ?

His one long kick in that favoured the defender.
Even given limited footage, I'm really not enamoured by this selection.

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
King of the 15m chip kick sideways and backwards.

Been evident in nearly every video of him..

Where's the run and carry, the play on, evade, kick long to advantage ?

His one long kick in that favoured the defender.
Even given limited footage, I'm really not enamoured by this selection.
Maybe they are trying to replace Mayne

Back