Rumour 2022 Draft Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Consider posting your hypothetical Pick swaps, or opinions on what's fair, in the linked thread instead! That way, you can discuss in the proper space and this thread can remain more on topic

rumour (n)​

1. information, often a mixture of truth and untruth, passed around verbally
  2. gossip or hearsay

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Blues

Latest is if someone like a Phillipou or Clark doesn't slip it's between Hollands & Allan.

We tried to get a Top 7 pick but no luck. Sellers market

Still strong hope to get another pick between 15-20. Some I have spoken with believe it's probable over possible. If we do it will be best availble with Pick 29 more a needs if kept. We are keen on Ethan Phillips
Hey Soap you’ve mentioned Allan quite a few times.

What’s the interest in him? Best available but also plays in an area of need?

Just haven’t seen a a lot of comments linking him to the Blues.

So we will need to find another two list spots?

No you won't, trades on draft night doesn't need to match with list spots.

Actually think Hawks will only take 1 of lions 30's pick + F3 so you guys will have extra points.

I think it's pretty simple for Essendon.

Do they think their choice at pick 4 is good odds of being a genuine superstar or do they think they're taking a very nice player.

The Dees traded back out of the Kelly spot for Salem and apart from 1 year or so when Kelly (who's at the highest end of very nice player) flirted with true stardom that's never really bothered us. Dom Tyson didn't work out but he helped short term.

There's lot of top 7 pick midfielders who even when they're drafted teams probably aren't expecting miracles from. Parish probably fits that category. Will Phillips will improve but he's likely in that vein. Josh Ward at the Hawks last year. Lachy Ash and Dyl Stephens in 2019. Even Cerra in 2017 (he's towards the high end too). These guys can be All Aus. They might even win a Brownlow, but they aren't really the best of the best.

There's always more nice players later in the first rounds (and the occasional superstar), even if the bust potential is higher the trade off of a 3-1 is a good deal. You can add talent to multiple parts of the ground and bring in a strong group of players who will develop together to create a premiership window.

Conversely, ff they think they're taking a potential superstar at 4 then they should probably hold steady and take the risk of a single top pick.

We never had the assets to satisfy a trade up and we need our f1 next year for academy potentially.
Yeah, makes me wonder who the 4 clubs are

Hey Soap you’ve mentioned Allan quite a few times.

What’s the interest in him? Best available but also plays in an area of need?

Just haven’t seen a a lot of comments linking him to the Blues.

I am told we are very keen and have spoken with him several times including last few days. More rank on talent than need. I still think it will be Hollands but it's a tight choice.

Comment to me was Hollands will be a very very good consistent 200 game player and is a great kid. Allan is raw but has lots of upside and could be anything.

I am told we are very keen and have spoken with him several times including last few days. More rank on talent than need. I still think it will be Hollands but it's a tight choice.

Comment to me was Hollands will be a very very good consistent 200 game player and is a great kid. Allan is raw but has lots of upside and could be anything.

Allen looks the biggest high risk/high reward pick of the year. He’ll either end up top grade or be gone in a few years. Everything is about his athletic traits

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton Melbourne WB & St Kilda

What do Carlton realistically have that would prize pick 4? Wouldn’t think 10 plus f1 (likely 15+) is enough. Carlton also require a f3 coming back too

Not much. They have tried but haven't been close

Not surprised it’s way under what WB and Melbourne have. This draft is weirdly exciting for this reason there’s not really standouts

My guess. Carlton, Melbourne, Western Bulldogs and Essendon.
Essendon trading with Essendon now that would be a sight to behold, Dodo goes well we definitely won that trade

TBH I don't know. Only going with what I'm told we are doing

Hollands if you don’t trade down suits you massively. If you do Hotton wouldn’t be bad

Essendon trading with Essendon now that would be a sight to behold, Dodo goes well we definitely won that trade

He’d still manage to pick the flanker up lol

As a guess

Melbourne
WB
GWS (they have always wanted quality over quantity)
St Kilda?
Wil be definitely interesting then nothing happens, and we take Mr Vanilla with no defensive upside

Remove this Banner Ad

Back