Rumour 2022 Draft Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Consider posting your hypothetical Pick swaps, or opinions on what's fair, in the linked thread instead! That way, you can discuss in the proper space and this thread can remain more on topic

rumour (n)​

1. information, often a mixture of truth and untruth, passed around verbally
  2. gossip or hearsay

Last edited by a moderator:

He may be talking about the Academy kids next year.

There’s going to be more matched bids in the first round than the likely 2 this year, 1 of which Essendons pick avoids anyway.
Academy players and strength of draft definitly needs to be taken into consideration

Although i always feel academy guys are hyped for everyone 12 months out. A real fascination amongst fans

I am told we are very keen and have spoken with him several times including last few days. More rank on talent than need. I still think it will be Hollands but it's a tight choice.

Comment to me was Hollands will be a very very good consistent 200 game player and is a great kid. Allan is raw but has lots of upside and could be anything.
I’d rather pull the trigger on a better prospect if we have the opportunity to bring in multiple players.

Hollands looks like a solid prospect, but it’s looking like a few decent players are going to slip through.

Not a major Allan fan, but I understand the thinking if we do take him.

I agree Hollands is perfect for us although I am a fan of Hewett as well. Hotton I like but I'm not sure he's for us

Think Carl go best available you should bid on Fletcher he’s what you lack then who knows.

The key difference between talent & high-end talent, is that the latter is extremely difficult to get.

It only is if you cant attract A graders from other clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. I strongly believe Dodorio will try and negotiate with Essendon for pick 4 and try and win the trade, securing pick 4 for Essendon and a future first from Essendon as well.
How will he facilitate a lose lose situation :p

If Sydney are keen on Allen and trade to 10, it could see WC pick him up and Ginbey fall outside the top 10. WC have spent a lot of time on both, would be a tough call at 9 for them.

If Sydney are keen on Allen and trade to 10, it could see WC pick him up and Ginbey fall outside the top 10. WC have spent a lot of time on both, would be a tough call at 9 for them.

If we trade up to 10 and Ginbey is there I’d expect us to pounce.

Last edited:
Terrible comparison. Screams of someone who hasn't watched him play.
Look I've seen the following full games with Ashcroft participating and I've watched him very closely:
1. Vic Metro v Vic Country;
2. Vic Metro v WA;
3. Vic Metro v SA;
4. Vic Metro v Allies;
5. NAB League GF;
6. NAB League PF;
7. NAB League EF;
8. NAB League R10 v Jets (his 51 disposal game);
9. NAB League R1 v Chargers;
10. AFL Academy v Collingwood VFL.

I'm sorry if you don't like my position, but that doesn't mean I haven't watched enough of him this year to form an opinion.

Last edited:
These are the players taken directly before and after those three:
Ben McEvoy (Danger) Patrick Veszpremi
Ben Lennon (Cripps) Cam McCarthy
Ben Griffiths (Fyfe) Ryan Bastinac

You'd need to pick the eyes out of the draft like Legolas and Hawkeye had a lovechild.
Ben McEvoy won more cups than Danger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back