Rumour 2022 Draft Rumours

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW

Consider posting your hypothetical Pick swaps, or opinions on what's fair, in the linked thread instead! That way, you can discuss in the proper space and this thread can remain more on topic

rumour (n)​

1. information, often a mixture of truth and untruth, passed around verbally
  2. gossip or hearsay

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bailey smith
Cody weightman
Smith was the 7th pick of a 7 player super draft. No recruiter would've picked anyone else there.

Weightman a very solid pick. They haven't had very strong draft hands outside the top picks but I'm not sure they're hitting as well as the Dalrymple days.

Is it really strong that they wanted Tsatas or just rumoured Tsatas/Humphrey?

Sydney / Hawthorn set the price very high to move up. Collingwood also no interest in moving back. GWS lost their motive to move back too I think. Needed to keep their needs picks.

Eagles could have traded 23 and a future 2nd for 18 if they wanted allan

Dogs or Eagles to bid on Davey.. Who will Dons trade with?
If a bid comes in I see it being one of Hawthorne, St Kilda or Carlton.

It'll be an F2 plus:

Hawthorne 44
St Kilda 45
Carlton 46

Jun 24, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If a bid comes in I see it being one of Hawthorne, St Kilda or Carlton.

It'll be an F2 plus:

Hawthorne 44
St Kilda 45
Carlton 46
I'd be happy with that if the right player is there. Hotton or George would make it very enticing.

If McCabe ends up in a similar spot to Michalanney we make off like bandits. If he doesn't we still got our guy this year and another high pick running through the system a year early.

Would you throw in your F3 to swap picks with the Dogs (if Dogs intimate they’re about to bid on Davey)?
Nah. I'd rather not trade any picks next year away. If the Dogs bid on Davey just trade out and get a F2 instead.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Smith was the 7th pick of a 7 player super draft. No recruiter would've picked anyone else there.

Weightman a very solid pick. They haven't had very strong draft hands outside the top picks but I'm not sure they're hitting as well as the Dalrymple days.

Smith was better than the 7th pick, but with his 'go home' concerns, was only ever going to be picked by one of the 3 Vic clubs with a top 7 pick.

have lost Dunkley, but gain Bruce back.
tough to see anyone jumping into the 8 from outside it this year. so imagine we're talking a mid 2nd rounder
Maybe Port?

Francis, Rioli in

They only lost Amon

Rozee is a gun and will only get better

Nat Fyfe

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2022
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

If it makes a difference, the Dogs were red hot on Pickett too before he bolted in that draft. Still, jury is out on our recruiters post-Dalrymple. 1st round picks have been consistently good, but not as many hits in the later rounds like Dal had (Dale and Daniel in the 40s, JJ rookie, etc.)

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Smith was better than the 7th pick, but with his 'go home' concerns, was only ever going to be picked by one of the 3 Vic clubs with a top 7 pick.
Correct. Making that pick was probably as easy as the Darcy and JUH matches. Dogs recruiters had a cruisy run between 18 and 21. Can make a case Buss was pick 13 of a clear top 13 given no one else was invited to the draft.

Back