List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who Knows Idk GIF

You’re supposed to be our draft expert mate. You’ve let me down for the last time

1. Brisbane gets 41, 50, 52 and 63 - Hawthorn gets 36 and 2023 Round 3

2. Brisbane gets 40 - North Melbourne gets 63 and 2023 Round 3
Thanks for that, I was curious and none of the official outlets seemed to bother giving the actual details.

At least Gold Coast's kid isn't pulling a Paddy Dow.

1. Brisbane gets 41, 50, 52 and 63 - Hawthorn gets 36 and 2023 Round 3

2. Brisbane gets 40 - North Melbourne gets 63 and 2023 Round 3
I have so many questions 😂🤦🤷

The first of which being, how were we able to acquire so many picks here given our limited list space, BEFORE the picks we were about to lose via the Ashcroft selection were actually lost?

I aksed earlier today what do we do with the extra points and I think it was DaLions who said we can trade them into next year or something like that - Im not sure how - or lose them. Is that about right?
I think we just lose them. I did mention a couple of months ago I thought it would be worthwhile going into deficit of some sort. That way we would know we hadn't wasted any points in the 2022 draft.

The first of which being, how were we able to acquire so many picks here given our limited list space, BEFORE the picks we were about to lose via the Ashcroft selection were actually lost?
I believe once the action starts no restrictions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

someone else more knowledgeable can confirm, but I believe the restrictions are on how many spaces you have versus picks when you enter the draft, not while the draft progresses

The system is absolutely cooked

Honestly the old system of making teams match a bid with their next pick afterwards, and doing it pre-trade period so teams couldn’t trade out the picks to avoid paying full price was better.

But it would mean less trades happening as some teams would have 1st round picks locked away so they’ll never go back to it as trade content is king.

Basically what the others said. The list spot limitation ceases for draft day trades.

Ask me tomorrow.

But basically once the draft starts, available list spots don't matter at the time of the bid and trade in of new picks.

Also the teams trading us those picks weren't planning on using all those picks in the draft.

Hmmm the numbers I have for the points were less for picks 47, 49 and 52.
I’ve just used Lores spreadsheet embedded in this thread. It’s a live sheet and having a look now, there’s a bit going on. So think your numbers would correct

How do we find out what Stephen Conole and Dom Ambrogio favourite drink is, and where do we send them a case each? Seriously, absolute crushed this. And what do you reckon if Fletcher is a late first that they trade one of our later pick for a later 2023 pick just because we don't really need it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back