List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

One is a faster running Lachie Neale, the other is a smaller Clayton Oliver who is a good kick and kicks goals.

Future version of Neale and Oliver in the same midfield?
Sign me up right now !!

mattsmob

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
One is a faster running Lachie Neale, the other is a smaller Clayton Oliver who is a good kick and kicks goals.
As an absolute ceiling I don't mind those comps, could definitely see Levi shooting up a bit considering his size and age, pretty sure he has a late birthday as well.

As an absolute ceiling I don't mind those comps, could definitely see Levi shooting up a bit considering his size and age, pretty sure he has a late birthday as well.
On some of the vision I have seen Levi looks a little bit bigger than Will already.
Or is that just my eyes?
Haven’t looked at the figures.

mattsmob

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
On some of the vision I have seen Levi looks a little bit bigger than Will already.
Or is that just my eyes?
I think he looks thicker and if he's not taller then Will they'd be very similar heights. I think Levi's potential to play forward could be massive for him as well.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Or is that just my eyes?
He’s got a bigger chest and shoulders. I reckon he’s going to be bull by U18’s.

I’m not sure he’s got much growth in terms of height. I’m pretty sure Will has maybe grown 2cm between U16 and U18. Some kids just finish their growth early.

Played mostly as a forward flank at the U16 championships, with short bursts in the midfield, because of how strong Vic metro’s midfield is, and he’s got more tricks.

Ashcroft, Fletcher and Shadeau Brain all named in the Draft Combine invitees.

Noah Bradshaw was not.

No mature agers that I saw on a quick scan of the 67 invited.

There’s always late invitees.

It must be devastating to be invited, show up and not get selected.

If you have already confirmed where you are going and the club has committed to you - why would you even need to go to the combine?
I guess the results at the combine might be relevant to other clubs that can still bid on you, notwithstanding the nomination.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
If you have already confirmed where you are going and the club has committed to you - why would you even need to go to the combine?
AFL medical for a start. That’s how they found Jaidyn Stephenson’s heart issue.

Potential number one pick. Photo op.

I’m sure the club would like a story as well on their father son draftee’s.

Bragging rights?
Get a consistent starting point for comparison?
You spent all that time training specifically for the events in the draft combine and would like to use it?
Spend a day with your mates?
Support the other guys you have played with?

I can't see a world where we don't move players, list spots and picks around to match Ashcroft and Fletcher. Of course, we can't match a bid on Brain anyway.

I think he’s just saying broadly it makes sense for the draftee to attend to protect their own interests incase something happens.

To win. These boys are super competitive and this is a great chance to prove to your future opposition that you are way better than them.

The mind games have been going on for years before they reach the draft. The combine is another mind games opportunity

Back