List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt we would do it but if we could land another top 10 pick and could get Cadman that would be amazing.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

He looks really good. Reminds me of Cameron and Curnow and a little bit of Rooey too. Really runs at the ball and burns off his opponent. If he slips through to our pick I'd be very happy to take him over a mid which goes against everything I usually say.

McKenzie looked more like 25%, he was hardly involved. Uses the ball well though. Tsatas is a workhorse, I liked his game. If some of the future stars are cruising is second gear I like the guy for going at everything at 110%. I'd take him with pick 2 and be happy if I was North.
He was very good in the other games I watched but he’s not flashy. I’d say he has what we need and metro lowering there colours in the clearances won’t have hurt our chances of him being there at our pick. Given what we need I’m pretty comfortable we‘ll get a very good player at our pick.

I wouldn’t move up even if I needed a key forward and had the hots for cadman. Norf might find it hard to swap pick 1 there’s so little value in moving up a few spots Imo. Humphrey is an interesting player, he could be a steal but also has some question marks. He is a mid but playing forward not getting much of the ball and a poor display by foot would have me watching a lot of footage. If I had two picks but with 1 I wouldn’t take him over McKenzie.

He was very good in the other games I watched but he’s not flashy. I’d say he has what we need and metro lowering there colours in the clearances won’t have hurt our chances of him being there at our pick. Given what we need I’m pretty comfortable we‘ll get a very good player at our pick.

I wouldn’t move up even if I needed a key forward and had the hots for cadman. Norf might find it hard to swap pick 1 there’s so little value in moving up a few spots Imo. Humphrey is an interesting player, he could be a steal but also has some question marks. He is a mid but playing forward not getting much of the ball and a poor display by foot would have me watching a lot of footage. If I had two picks but with 1 I wouldn’t take him over McKenzie.

McKenzie looks a safe bet, really really low bust factor but is pretty vanilla. I know I accused Walsh of the same thing so he might be a good vanilla but I find it hard to get excited by those types. Humphrey looks like a wild ride. He's got a bit of the champion vibe but he looks like guy who if he doesn't work out could be a frustrating type.

McKenzie looks a safe bet, really really low bust factor but is pretty vanilla. I know I accused Walsh of the same thing so he might be a good vanilla but I find it hard to get excited by those types. Humphrey looks like a wild ride. He's got a bit of the champion vibe but he looks like guy who if he doesn't work out could be a frustrating type.
McKenzie is Mundy and Humphrey a can’t kick. Don’t underestimate Mackenzie’s ability to work through traffic. In the same way Pendlebury looks ‘vanilla’ McKenzie is like that.

McKenzie is Mundy and Humphrey a can’t kick. Don’t underestimate Mackenzie’s ability to work through traffic. In the same way Pendlebury looks ‘vanilla’ McKenzie is like that.
Agree with McKenzie through traffic and I also likened it to Pendlebury.

That's not the type of player is call vanilla

Agree with McKenzie through traffic and I also likened it to Pendlebury.

That's not the type of player is call vanilla
Agreed, I’ve been really impressed with his ability to transfer his Half back skills in the midfield. I love his ability to exit stoppages and his skill at remaining composed with his kicks even under pressure.

I think even you would agree that what we need right now is a safe bet type. Let's bake the cake before we buy the cherries this time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not against him, I think he's super safe and likely to be a good player at least. I don't see Mundy myself, more a consistent allrounder and good user, perhaps Jack Steele even.

Humphrey has the X factor, he can't kick but he has more of that risk-taker grab the game by he scruff of the neck attitude of the real stars. Humphrey more likely to end up a Petracca type of bull in the middle who bursts through packs. Cmac more of a classy user and mover.

I'll take Hollands. Would be a very fine fit.

He was really good in that Country v Metro game. He's rated just below some of the others but look like he belongs along side them.

I think even you would agree that what we need right now is a safe bet type. Let's bake the cake before we buy the cherries this time

He's more than a cherry, cherries are more your Hill types who finish off a cake. He's more like baking soda, if you don't have those types you stay flat. He's a bit of something different than anything else we have

If Clark and Long can be ultimately turned into Bowes and P7 via NM PPs or other means, you take it everyday.

Bowes covers 2/3 of Clark.
P7 potential star, covers the rest of Clark loss.
Long is fringe, minimal loss onfield.
Keep P9.
Keep future picks.

That's a great reset.

I like the sound of a McKenzie/Humphrey haul. Two different midfiled types that can play multiple roles. Also wouldn’t be opposed to a tall at one of these picks if we rate them high enough.
Cadman or Busslinger would be unreal too.
Not opposed to a quality tall if available and using only one of the top 10 picks

I like the sound of a McKenzie/Humphrey haul. Two different midfiled types that can play multiple roles. Also wouldn’t be opposed to a tall at one of these picks if we rate them high enough.
Push out Crouch, Ross and Jones to the twos.

Play both of them and Owens and Windy alongside Steele as our midfield next year

Cadman or Busslinger would be unreal too.
Not opposed to a quality tall if available and using only one of the top 10 picks
Mackenzie number one priority. Then a kp busslinger or Jefferson. Think cadman goes top 4. Would love sheezel to slip to
Our pick

"The focus going into the AFL Draft was to refresh our midfield group. Chad is a left-footer, he's really hard at the footy, he's got an upbeat personality and we really like his attack on the footy and his use of the ball. His ability to influence the contest is really impressive." (Sydney Swans General Manager - Recruiting and List Strategy Kinnear Beatson)

That ability to go above and beyond to do the 1%ers. Nailed him at pick 39.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back