List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

A balanced mid who can use the footy well couldn’t hurt. Hard not to be seduced by a Bailey Humphrey or Mattaes Phillipou as bid powerful mid forwards as we could use genuine star power/game changer
Except Humphrey is a very ordinary kick, exactly not what we need.

Except Humphrey is a very ordinary kick, exactly not what we need.

It's his goal conversion that's a bit ordinary. His field kicking looks pretty solid. If you go and watch the match highlights packages of the best players this year there are some shocking field kicks. Jhye Clark looks like he didn't hit a target by foot all day in one of them.

He's De Goey like. He has that power and impact. To me if we thought we were a JDG off a premiership he's the guy you get. He's kicked 4.3 and got 31 possessions. He's a weapon and from Moe so will be as tough old leather.

It's his goal conversion that's a bit ordinary. His field kicking looks pretty solid. If you go and watch the match highlights packages of the best players this year there are some shocking field kicks. Jhye Clark looks like he didn't hit a target by foot all day in one of them.

He's De Goey like. He has that power and impact. To me if we thought we were a JDG off a premiership he's the guy you get. He's kicked 4.3 and got 31 possessions. He's a weapon and from Moe so will be as tough old leather.
Ive heard this thing about this year being an ordinary field kicking year from a few mates. But Ive watched a few games and some of the kicking (especially the last Vic Metro and Country game) was excellent! That game looked like a mid table AFL skill game to me... I know next year is meant to be a great year, but this year looks a good year, doesn't it?

Might be unlikely he makes it to our pick

Hawks are apparently keen on him, although I've heard they also like Jye Clark

I reckon we probably end up with either Humphrey or Busslinger
It’s a no to busslinger from me. Seems to be an ordinary user in what I just watched and whilst he takes a lot of intercepts he never seemed to be defending anyone but smalls.

Billy Dowling, gets a lot of the pill, good mark, strong tackler & can kick a goal, might be worth having a look at around pick 27. 188cm 80kg

View attachment 1523807

I really like Galagher or Binns types at that pick. I reckon both could be pretty good players. Otherwise hope that a guy drifts like Sonsie last year.

Harvey Gallagher​

Defender/forward, Bendigo Pioneers/Vic Country
Strengths: Class, kicking, endurance, speed
Since being overlooked in last year’s draft and in the 2022 mid-season intake, Gallagher has racked up disposals and kilometres at will in a roaming halfback role similar to Nick Daicos in his first year at Collingwood. Only 14 NAB League players have clocked 13km with 5km of high speed running and 750m of sprint in a single game ever – and Gallagher is among them, along with Sam Walsh, Dylan Moore and 2022 prospect Jaxon Binns (who we will get to soon). Gallagher, who turned 19 this week, achieved this feat while racking up a lazy 44 disposals, 31 kicks and a goal against the Northern Knights. He received a call-up for Vic Country in their final game and performed strongly with 23 disposals and seven marks. Nineteen-year-olds are often marked more harshly by recruiters, but Gallagher looks to have done enough to earn a spot on an AFL list.

He's a good user of the footy though

Kicking and decision making is as two of his main strengths according to draft watchers
Moves like max king. We would probably throw him forward if we picked him

Spoke to Busslinger’s sister’s partner last night, because I’m super connected, apparently he’s taking himself and training/preparation very seriously. No junk food, beers etc whatsoever.
Was tossing up between cricket and footy but footy won out.
Cousins with Darren Glass and family tough as nails apparently so he wouldn’t be a marshmallow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we manage to have 2 top 12 picks he'd be my 2nd pick, we desperately need good mids but he might be too good to pass on.

1 of Mackenzie or Humphries and busslinger would be amazing.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I like that many of the picks before us are interstate...hopefully translates to a slider or two. Cue the sanga discussion.

I like that many of the picks before us are interstate...hopefully translates to a slider or two. Cue the sanga discussion.
In cal rankings they have philipou the pick after us. I reckon one of the sa clubs take him. Hopefully that pushes Mackenzie to us

I remember when they said Hunter Clark wasnt a good kick. And Petracca couldn’t kick either apparently. 18 year olds are not finished products.

Is highly rated - was expected to be a top 5 pick if he never did his shoulder
His skinniness and shoulder issues worry me greatly.

Doubt either make it unfortunately. I'd love Philppou though
Ashcroft
Wardlaw
Sheezel
Cadman
Tsatas
Clark

Will likely be the top 6… then it gets interesting…

Busslinger
Jefferson
Hewett
McKenzie
Hustwaite
Phillipou
Humphrey
Hollands

Is the next group… we’ll get one of them.

My “want” ranking would be;

1. McKenzie
2. Phillipou
3. Humphrey
4. Hewett
5. Hollands
6. Busslinger
7. Jefferson
8. Hustwaite

Ashcroft
Wardlaw
Sheezel
Cadman
Tsatas
Clark

Will likely be the top 6… then it gets interesting…

Busslinger
Jefferson
Hewett
McKenzie
Hustwaite
Phillipou
Humphrey
Hollands

Is the next group… we’ll get one of them.

My “want” ranking would be;

1. McKenzie
2. Phillipou
3. Humphrey
4. Hewett
5. Hollands
6. Busslinger
7. Jefferson
8. Hustwaite
1. Phillipou
2. McKenzie
3. Humphrey
4. Busslinger
5. The rest

I really like Galagher or Binns types at that pick. I reckon both could be pretty good players. Otherwise hope that a guy drifts like Sonsie last year.
1664682302878.png

Be sad if Binns is taken in between our two picks. Apparently was the best on for Dandenong in the grand final and we saw what he did in the County vs Metro final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back