List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I haven't seen a draft thread for this upcoming season, so thought i should make it.

If already exist, please merge it with that one.

Billy Kolyniuk (Father Sons)Defender181cm
Kyan Eagleton (Father Sons) Defender180cm
Will Ashcroft (Brisbane Father Son) Midfielder183cm, 79kg
Jackson BroadbentRuck
202cm, 92kg
Jedd BusslingerKey defender
195cm, 83kg

Jhye Clark

Midfielder
180cm, 76kg
Adam D'Aloia
Midfielder
184cm, 84kg
Lewis Hayes
195cm
Elijah HewettMidfielder186cm, 82kg
Oliver HollandsMidfielder186cm, 82kg
Isaac Keeler (Crows NGA)Forward/Ruck
197cm 83kg
Harry LemmeyKey Forward199cm, 93kg

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Broadbent’s an absolute unit. Would take him in a heartbeat.

The absolute ideal would be a KPF or KPD (whichever one Darcy doesn’t end up becoming) who can chop out in the ruck. English as main ruck, Darcy up the back, and Keeler up forward would be good.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Kolyniuk and Eagleton defenders is interesting, pretty sure both their fathers were considered mid/forwards even in their junior career. Kolyniuk snr actually played a couple of early senior games on the wing and half forward, debuting only just over a month after turning 17, and wearing the mighty #59!

In fact was only into his 4th season he developed into a regular goalkicker. Interestingly, his first 3 games were the last 3 games of 1987, and he featured in a win, a draw and a loss. And over his first 3 seasons, he played 11 games - none were in the same round as preceding seasons, and only 1 opponent featured twice. In 1990, under terry Wheeler, and with Wee George Bissett as assistant coach backing him, Billy exploded and played 20 games.

Kolyniuk and Eagleton defenders is interesting, pretty sure both their fathers were considered mid/forwards even in their junior career. Kolyniuk snr actually played a couple of early senior games on the wing and half forward, debuting only just over a month after turning 17, and wearing the mighty #59!

In fact was only into his 4th season he developed into a regular goalkicker. Interestingly, his first 3 games were the last 3 games of 1987, and he featured in a win, a draw and a loss. And over his first 3 seasons, he played 11 games - none were in the same round as preceding seasons, and only 1 opponent featured twice. In 1990, under terry Wheeler, and with Wee George Bissett as assistant coach backing him, Billy exploded and played 20 games.
I may be on my lonesome, but I'd be more than happy to take a genuine lockdown small defender or two. Duryea is probably the only one we have, the other being more attacking rebounders. Ed's got the potential but really, after that the cupboard is bare. I kind of hoped Ewan MacPherson would develop that way

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I may be on my lonesome, but I'd be more than happy to take a genuine lockdown small defender or two. Duryea is probably the only one we have, the other being more attacking rebounders. Ed's got the potential but really, after that the cupboard is bare. I kind of hoped Ewan MacPherson would develop that way
Reckon Roarke would suit this role well.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I'd be interested to know what sort of defenders young Kolyniuk and Eagleton are, listed at 181 and 180 respectively.

VitalDread - do you have any more info to share on them? Or does anyone else watch U/18s closely enough to comment?

I'd be interested to know what sort of defenders young Kolyniuk and Eagleton are, listed at 181 and 180 respectively.

VitalDread - do you have any more info to share on them? Or does anyone else watch U/18s closely enough to comment?
I haven't had the chance to see Eagleton play yet due to him living in S.A

But Kolyniuk from memory played a small defender role last years but sadly didn't have enough highlights for footage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mid Season prospect:

YOUNG TALL ON MID-SEASON RADAR

AN EARLY name has emerged as a contender for the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft.

Sandringham Dragons ruckman Max Ramsden has taken the attention of recruiters and last week had 11 disposals, 16 hitouts and five clearances in the opening round of the NAB League season.

Ramden, who turns 19 this month, was eligible for the draft last year and nominated (meaning he qualifies as a mid-season option) but was not taken having played school football with Melbourne Grammar over two COVID-hit years.

But the athletic and nimble 202cm prospect has improved with a pre-season at the Dragons and ran a 6:04 minute 2km time trial. For context, Gold Coast gun Matt Rowell ran 6:17 in his year's draft combine time trial.

dWA2oODR.jpg

Max Ramsden as NAB League boys testing day on March 12, 2022. Picture: AFL Photos
"We watched him last year and what stood out to us was his ability to get around the ground for the size he was. He was showing some really good traits for a big man with the standout being the athletics side but also his hands above his head," said Dragons talent manager Mark Wheeler.

"He's definitely raw but he's going up in the rankings each week he plays. The clubs all saw what he did on the weekend. He plays like another on-baller so we have to educate him to be a ruckman and we're doing some more ruck craft with him."

doggie dog

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mid Season prospect:

AN EARLY name has emerged as a contender for the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft.

Sandringham Dragons ruckman Max Ramsden has taken the attention of recruiters and last week had 11 disposals, 16 hitouts and five clearances in the opening round of the NAB League season.

Ramden, who turns 19 this month, was eligible for the draft last year and nominated (meaning he qualifies as a mid-season option) but was not taken having played school football with Melbourne Grammar over two COVID-hit years.

But the athletic and nimble 202cm prospect has improved with a pre-season at the Dragons and ran a 6:04 minute 2km time trial. For context, Gold Coast gun Matt Rowell ran 6:17 in his year's draft combine time trial.

dWA2oODR.jpg

Max Ramsden as NAB League boys testing day on March 12, 2022. Picture: AFL Photos
"We watched him last year and what stood out to us was his ability to get around the ground for the size he was. He was showing some really good traits for a big man with the standout being the athletics side but also his hands above his head," said Dragons talent manager Mark Wheeler.

"He's definitely raw but he's going up in the rankings each week he plays. The clubs all saw what he did on the weekend. He plays like another on-baller so we have to educate him to be a ruckman and we're doing some more ruck craft with him."
The dog's someone with Max's skillset developing in the worse possible way.
If big Stef can't reliably get up, maybe a handshake agreement to retire before the Midseason.
Maybe he could possibly fit into a backup Ruck/KPD

From the same article
The article states Max moves really well, He plays like another on-baller
Max is “202 centimetres, he looks like Max King. He can move around the ground. Ran a 6:04 in the 2km time trial. In the combine a couple of years ago Matt Rowell ran a 6:17, so he can move.”

doggie dog

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hi all,

I haven't seen a draft thread for this upcoming season, so thought i should make it.

If already exist, please merge it with that one.

Billy Kolyniuk (Father Sons)Defender181cm
Kyan Eagleton (Father Sons) Defender180cm
Will Ashcroft (Brisbane Father Son) Midfielder183cm, 79kg
Jackson BroadbentRuck
202cm, 92kg
Jedd BusslingerKey defender
195cm, 83kg

Jhye Clark

Midfielder
180cm, 76kg
Adam D'Aloia
Midfielder
184cm, 84kg
Lewis Hayes
195cm
Elijah HewettMidfielder186cm, 82kg
Oliver HollandsMidfielder186cm, 82kg
Isaac Keeler (Crows NGA)Forward/Ruck
197cm 83kg
Harry LemmeyKey Forward199cm, 93kg
Hey mate, do you know the status on the Croft boys??
I thought they were eligible this year? I could also be completely wrong

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mid Season prospect:

dWA2oODR.jpg

Dead ringer for Craig Ellis. Thats a good start.

Hey mate, do you know the status on the Croft boys??
I thought they were eligible this year? I could also be completely wrong
Jordan currently at Calder Cannons as an under-age so he's 2023 draft pool
While Mitch is currently on a volleyball scholarship in NSW

Mid Season prospect:

dWA2oODR.jpg

Put Darcy on the long term injury list, open up a list spot and get him in.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Seems a no-brainer to put Darcy on the LTI list unless we think he's a serious chance of playing a good number of VFL games this year. He won't be playing senior footy this year, and having that spot available gives us the chance to grab a player who could have been in the vicinity of a first or second round pick if they went to the national draft. Ideally Darcy's foot is good to go sooner rather than later, but if it's going to take a good chunk of this year, I'd like to see us adding one of the better ruck/KPD options through the MSD and give them the extra half year to develop

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Seems a no-brainer to put Darcy on the LTI list unless we think he's a serious chance of playing a good number of VFL games this year. He won't be playing senior footy this year, and having that spot available gives us the chance to grab a player who could have been in the vicinity of a first or second round pick if they went to the national draft. Ideally Darcy's foot is good to go sooner rather than later, but if it's going to take a good chunk of this year, I'd like to see us adding one of the better ruck/KPD options through the MSD and give them the extra half year to develop
Are there any genuine options, do you think? I don't know who is available, just thought any viable ones would have been picked in the ND/rookie draft, unless any hidden gems who qualify are now in the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back