List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of questions:
  • What could we potential milk out of Essendon if we threaten a bid on Davey? Would they throw in a F3 (maybe get a F4 back) to swap picks #24 and #25?
  • How high a selection could we realistically get our hands on for pick #39 + F2 (tied to Brisbane). Potentially Sydney’s #27?

George
POD Heeney type that our forward line needs, so many good players have done ACL in draft year and gone on to have great careers > Clarke- really does compliment our existing forward, huge gap in the list a crumbing forward and hes got plenty of spunk> Jacob Ryan - could be a gun midfielder/winger in time but bare minimum he is a gun half back who both defends well and rebounds> Cowan similar reasons to Ryan but Ryan better IMO and no tassie worry.

Expecting teams to pay up for George. Would we look at moving up a pick to West coast to stop another club jumping in? Can see us wanting to keep all our chips for next year and taking best available at our selection knowing one of the above is still around. No real WA top talent left (Ginbey, Jones, Busslinger, Allen and Hewett all gone), unless they want Gilbee? That pick would be for sale now for sure

... apart from the marketing department.

They've done a brilliant job the AFL. They've made an event that was already tedious (yeah, exciting to get new players in and all that, but the event itself is a bit dull) into an unnecessarily drawn out, bland watching paint dry slog.

Remember when they had all the clubs in the room? They were at tables and the camera would pan around at each pick as they discussed options and then they would announce their pick? 'Player 1233467 - Joe Bloggs Upper Kombuckter Juniors'?

There was a bit of personality about the draft back then. That has all been stripped away.

Then you would have nerve stricken players with shaky voices talking to whoever the interviewer was. Now the players are so well drilled and confident some almost want to grab the mic.

It's at the stage now where I wouldn't even care if it was broadcast.

Forgot Barnett was also still available. We love talls that can take a contested mark.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Am I crazy for wanting this kid given we’re already the land of the giants?

Am I crazy for wanting this kid given we’re already the land of the giants?

I’m also low key hoping we pick up one of Barnett / Keeler. Think we need a developing ruck who also have the ability play other positions. Both of these guys can.

We can focus on nabbing midfield talent in next years draft. Seems to be a lot of explosive players who are hybrid mid / forwards.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

For the lurking Brisbane supporters...

Number of premierships won by Fagan - 0

Number of premierships won by Beveridge - 1

Number of grand finals made by Fagan - 0

Number of grand finals made by Beveridge - 2

Number of racial inquiries faced by fagan - well at least you can win something.

Dud coach is dud

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the lurking Brisbane supporters...

Number of premierships won by Fagan - 0

Number of premierships won by Beveridge - 1

Number of grand finals made by Fagan - 0

Number of grand finals made by Beveridge - 2

Number of racial inquiries faced by fagan - well at least you can win something.

Dud coach is dud

Trade period ended 2 months ago and they still can't help themselves in making snarky comments taking shots at the Dogs. They have gotten pretty cocky for a team that has won F all. In the end what we got near matched Essendons (fake) offer, yet they keep thinking they won outright. We actually got a better hand than they offered. Check the egos until they actually win something. No one cares for try hard attempts at creating a fake rivalry.

Also this is also a swipe at Dogs fans as well. The bid on Fletcher WAS NOT a spite move. We legit need a winger, and he was rated high on a few teams draft boards. The fact that we interviewed Hollands, and practically wanted to trade up to Essendons pick possibly for Tsastas or Phllipou, both back it up the fact we wanted a top tier midfielder. Many mocks predicted Carlton or Bulldogs could be the first to try bid on Fletcher as well. So no idea why people are acting surprised.

The only "spite" bids I recall was probably GWS with their "We bid on Darcy because we wanted a tall player, so we went and drafted a mid at our next pick instead of a tall" bid on Darcy last year. And Sydney this year, because they bid on two players and then traded the pick away shrugs

Trade period ended 2 months ago and they still can't help themselves in making snarky comments taking shots at the Dogs. They have gotten pretty cocky for a team that has won F all. In the end what we got near matched Essendons offer, yet they keep thinking they won outright. Come back when they actually win something. No one cares for try hard attempts at creating a fake rivalry.

Also this is also a swipe at Dogs fans as well. The bid on Fletcher WAS NOT a spite move. We legit need a winger, and he was rated high on a few teams draft boards. The fact that we interviewed Hollands, and practically wanted to trade up to Essendons pick possibly for Tsastas or Phllipou, both back it up the fact we wanted a top tier midfielder. Many mocks predicted Carlton or Bulldogs could be the first to try bid on Fletcher as well. So no idea why people are acting surprised.
Wasn't a dick move we needed Fletcher. They think they outdid us taking him

Trade period ended 2 months ago and they still can't help themselves in making snarky comments taking shots at the Dogs. They have gotten pretty cocky for a team that has won F all. In the end what we got near matched Essendons (fake) offer, yet they keep thinking they won outright. We actually got a better hand than they offered. Check the egos until they actually win something. No one cares for try hard attempts at creating a fake rivalry.

Hollands and Fletcher are about even and we would have taken either. Fletcher was one of the 12 invited to the draft for a reason.

If Bears nuffies want to dirty up about it let them, it’s funny.

Callaghan.
I'd be happy to make a play for him as I rated him in his draft year. As long as we don't cough up two first round picks for him.

Anyone know if he got much minutes in his games and where he played? Averaged around 15 possessions in his 5 games. Took A LOT of marks considering he did not crack 20 disposals in any games. Had very poor clearance and tackle numbers though.

Last edited:
Hollands and Fletcher are about even and we would have taken either. Fletcher was one of the 12 invited to the draft for a reason.

If Bears nuffies want to dirty up about it let them, it’s funny.
Yeah some of their comments in the trade thread were stupid. "Oh how will Busslinger feel knowing he wasn't the Dogs first choice" "Why would he want to be there"

Ummm, pretty sure Busslinger wouldn't give a Fk? Unless you're taken in the first three picks, then just about every player picked most likely wasn't the clubs first choice on the leader board. Gosh they reach for some stupid sheet.

I still think they are one of the most overrated teams in the league and will win nothing with the current group.

Last edited:
Would be happy with Clarke or Cowan next. If it’s Clarke, wouldn’t mind Luke Teal at 39. I want Phillips as a rookie but am fully expecting Sullivan

Yeah some of their comments in the trade thread were stupid. "Oh how will Busslinger feel knowing he wasn't the Dogs first choice" "Why would he want to be there"

Ummm, pretty sure Busslinger wouldn't give a Fk? Unless you're taken in the first three picks, then just about every player picked most likely wasn't the clubs first choice on the leader board. Gosh the reach for some stupid sheet.

I still think they are one of the most overrated teams in the league and will win nothing with the current group.
If they think they got a haul with Ashcroft and Fletcher just wait for some of the dogs father sons .. like West ;)

Some of the Dunkley pick swaps make a bit more sense after last night (getting 1 x F2 for 2 x F3s).

I think we will only take 3 picks next year and given we have 2 x F1s, we would have needed to trade our one of the F3s or lose it, so a big benefit to us to only have 1 F2 instead.

Brisbane having 2 x F3s rather than 1 x F2 gave them more flexibility to do pick swaps and protect their first pick next year.

Ultimately we will have three assets to replace Dunkley, looking forward to seeing the first one tonight.

There seems to be alot of chatter about the GwS and Sydney bid for Rowston. I really don’t think a club would bid on a player if they had no intention of taking him. Nobody is stuffing up their draft strategy based on spite. Maybe Sydney legit rated Rowston at 16? I really like Fletcher and I don’t think we would have bid at 12 if we weren’t keen on him. There might be a small portion of a clubs mentality in wanting the other club to cough up picks, but I still think a club has to be 99% keen on actually getting that player to their club.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back